TITANIUM Muni

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TITANIUM Muni

HAS ANYBODY HEARD (EVEN A RUMOR) THAT ONE OF THE CURRANT MUNI,FRAME MAKERS WILL BE OFFERING A TITANIUM MOUNTAIN UNI???????
    --------------------------------------
    twitter> @shotofjagur

no, but i was thinking of making one in a couple of years time.

tim

i worship jesus
    I worship Jesus

Comment

If you check out www.extreme.unicyclist.com, there are some pics of a ti frame my buddy made a while back. He is currently making a 24" frame, so i'll get some info when that is completed.

Comment

please get some info cause there is a buyer /market ,out here just waiting for one!!!!!!!!!
        --------------------------------------
        twitter> @shotofjagur

Comment

jagur wrote:
          [color={usenetquotecolor}]>[/color]
          [color={usenetquotecolor}]> HAS ANYBODY HEARD (EVEN A RUMOR) THAT ONE OF THE CURRANT MUNI,FRAME[/color]
          [color={usenetquotecolor}]> MAKERS WILL BE OFFERING A TITANIUM MOUNTAIN UNI???????[/color]

no... but...

WHYAREYOUYELLING!!!!???????

Christopher
          --
          "Be Bold and mighty forces will come to your aid." -Basil King (Anyone who
          can give me more info on THIS Basil King please email
          me.)

My small but growing site: http://home.earthlink.net/~crgrove/index.htm

If you are in the Ann Arbor/Ypsilanti, MI area check out my resume and if
          you know of a company that fits me please let me know... Thanks!

Comment

--- jagur <forum.member@unicyclist.com> wrote:
            [color={usenetquotecolor}]> please get some info cause there is a buyer /market ,out here just[/color]
            [color={usenetquotecolor}]> waiting for one!!!!!!!!![/color]

Don't think that titanium is better just because it's exotic and
            expensive. There are several problems with titanium:

1) Expense- very expensive and even though the frame will be lighter,
            frame weight isn't nearly as major a weight issue as the choice of
            tire, rim, hub/axle, and cranks.
            2) Hard to machine. The only Ti frames I know of use inexpensive Miyata
            brand steel bearing clamps, bolted to the frame. This is because
            machining a proper Ti bearing clamp is difficult and expensive.
            3) Frame flex. This can be avoided with good design, and isn't a proble at
            all on 20" unis, but Ti is quite flexible. This can cause problems if
            you have a brake on your MUni, because the brake pads will drag on the
            rim as the frame flexes from side to side, as you climb hills.

Having said that, for aesthetic reasons, at least, a Ti frame would be
            really cool!

-Kris.

Comment

THere is a guy in my club who is having a custom titanium giraffe made.
              -David Kaplan

Comment

[color={usenetquotecolor}]> HAS ANYBODY HEARD (EVEN A RUMOR) THAT ONE OF THE CURRANT MUNI,FRAME[/color]
                [color={usenetquotecolor}]> MAKERS WILL BE OFFERING A TITANIUM MOUNTAIN UNI???????[/color]

No. I'd love to have one too, but the price of one would keep sales
                numbers so low I don't think there's an economic incentive to manufacture
                them (yet).

Check your caps lock, I think it's stuck on.

John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone jfoss@unicycling.com www.unicycling.com

"Our time is a most precious commodity, but it's how we spend it that
                makes us rich." - John Foss

Comment

--- jagur <forum.member@unicyclist.com> wrote:
                  [color={usenetquotecolor}]> please get some info cause there is a buyer /market ,out here just[/color]
                  [color={usenetquotecolor}]> waiting for one!!!!!!!!![/color]

Don't think that titanium is better just because it's exotic and
                  expensive. There are several problems with titanium:

1) Expense- very expensive and even though the frame will be lighter,
                  frame weight isn't nearly as major a weight issue as the choice of
                  tire, rim, hub/axle, and cranks. Overall it won't be much lighter than
                  a good CrMo or Aluminum unicycle.
                  2) Hard to machine. The only Ti frames I know of use inexpensive Miyata
                  brand steel bearing clamps, bolted to the frame. This is because
                  machining a proper Ti bearing clamp is difficult and expensive.
                  3) Frame flex. This can be avoided with good design, and isn't a proble at
                  all on 20" unis, but Ti is quite flexible. This can cause problems if
                  you have a brake on your MUni, because the brake pads will drag on the
                  rim as the frame flexes from side to side, as you climb hills.

Having said that, for aesthetic reasons, at least, a Ti frame would be
                  really cool!

-Kris.

Comment

"jagur" <forum.member@unicyclist.com> wrote in message
                    news:9u4m4d$a1n$1@laurel.tc.umn.edu...
                    Your computer has been infected with the Capitate virus. If you persist on
                    posting with this condition, a program called DeCapitate can be used to
                    solve the problem. ;>) Jim

Comment

"J. Michaels" wrote:
                      [color={usenetquotecolor}]> "jagur" <forum.member@unicyclist.com> wrote in message[/color]
                      [color={usenetquotecolor}]> news:9u4m4d$a1n$1@laurel.tc.umn.edu...[/color]
                      [color={usenetquotecolor2}]> > HAS ANYBODY HEARD (EVEN A RUMOR) THAT ONE OF THE CURRANT MUNI,FRAME[/color]
                      [color={usenetquotecolor2}]> > MAKERS WILL BE OFFERING A TITANIUM MOUNTAIN UNI???????[/color]
                      [color={usenetquotecolor2}]> >[/color]
                      [color={usenetquotecolor}]> Your computer has been infected with the Capitate virus. If you persist[/color]
                      [color={usenetquotecolor}]> on posting with this condition, a program called DeCapitate can be used[/color]
                      [color={usenetquotecolor}]> to solve the problem. ;>) Jim[/color]

LOL! I'VE NOT HEARD TH.... ERRR.... ehem.... I've not heard that
                      one before!

Christopher
                      --
                      "Be Bold and mighty forces will come to your aid." -Basil King (Anyone who
                      can give me more info on THIS Basil King please email
                      me.)

My small but growing site: http://home.earthlink.net/~crgrove/index.htm

If you are in the Ann Arbor/Ypsilanti, MI area check out my resume and if
                      you know of a company that fits me please let me know... Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                      X