Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIF jump and tyre choices

Hey there

First, I was wondering after my today's ride if there are any major differences between tyres. I started riding street and trial stuff this spring after 3 years of just basic stuff. I'm riding a few years old stock qu-ax crossfire 20" uni with 2 1/2" wide tire and a kh street gel seat. The question is, would a 2.5" tyre help on high jumping?

My second point is about the tuck. I've found a lot of help here searching but there are couple of things to which i couldn't find answers. I do think i do at least some tucking since i land my hops with the seat next to my chest. My records are about 50cm right now. The thing i was wondering is that i don't happen to hop much higher than the ledge i'm jumping into, no matter on what height it is but every time i feel like i'm ready for next step i land it on first try. So is it just inside my head or is there possibly any improvement in my hops and/or in tucking technique?

If it helps anyone, i'm 175cm tall, weighing about 63kg. Sorry for long post and thanks in advance!

The Crossfire comes w/ a 20X2.25 tire and I don't think anybody makes a 20X2.5

Trials tires are all 19X2.5, they are often called 20's, and no a trials tire will not fit on a 20" rim or visa versa.

Could a trials tire help you get more spring in your hop? Possibly, depends on the tire.

Check out Sponge's trials tire thread.
    Ride everywhere and never just ride anywhere. If you can ride where you are going within a hour, do it, and if you can do a trick 50-75% of the time do it along the way.- Bob Burnquist

What's next?
    Learn2Ride&doTricks
    TrialsClasses&Building

Comment

Yeah sorry my bad, i meant 2.25" and yes, i also know that they are 19" so i was considering about buying a new uni at some point, perhaps in the summer... But thanks for that thread I'll take a look!

Comment

Originally posted by skilewis74 View Post
        The Crossfire comes w/ a 20X2.25 tire and I don't think anybody makes a 20X2.5
        You can get a 2.4 though http://www.unicycle.uk.com/unicycle-...-2-4-tyre.html
        Unicycling: great for your thighs.

Comment

Ah, thanks for that Seems like a good compromise for now since it's quite cheap and probably still better than my current one!

Comment

Working...
          X