Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else use a an older 80's Unicycle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else use a an older 80's Unicycle?

I'm trying to find a supplier of cotter pins for my wife's older Norco unicycle. I did a quick search her on unicyclist.com, which did have a thread on it, however the supplier link provided had cotter pins with a disclaimer that they're not compatible with 80's unicycles.

I live in the Cambridge / Kitchener / Waterloo area in Ontario. Went to the old Brauns location, and found out that they had just move a couple of days ago. Not sure if it's because they're a bit disorganized due to the move, however they couldn't find the cotter pins. If anyone knows of an online supplier, or local to my location, I'd appreciate they info.

Btw, we have three unicycles (1 cottered, and 2 cotterless). Tried to convince my wife to replace her old unicycle (she calls Yorgie LOL), but she says it has too many good memories. Now I'm tasked with keeping it working

Btw, this is the link from the previous thread.

http://www.unicycle.com/unicycle-har...d-cranks.html/

Comment

Yes, I have many unicycles from the 80s. But even by then, cotter pins were passe. Time to move up to the late 80s and go cotterless!
      John Foss
      www.unicycling.com

"Who is going to argue with a mom who can ride a unicycle?" -- Forums member "HiMo"

Comment

Yeah cotterles cranks and chromolly hubs at the least, or better yet a new uni w/ ISIS for your main rides.

Until then UDC still has cotter pins.
        Last edited by skilewis74; 2012-03-24, 04:32 AM.
        Ride everywhere and never just ride anywhere. If you can ride where you are going within a hour, do it, and if you can do a trick 50-75% of the time do it along the way.- Bob Burnquist

What's next?
        Learn2Ride&doTricks
        TrialsClasses&Building

Comment

As much as I'd like to get my wife a cotterless unicycle, this one has way too much sentimental value to her. She used to perform in a two-girl juggling show. Yorgie (her unicycle) was with them from the start.

That's a lesson to us all ... you should never name your stuff. It's much harder to throw away later

Comment

Perhaps here : anyandallbikes.com down the page
            Replacement Cotter Pin set $2.50 a pair

Comment

Originally posted by alfster View Post
              As much as I'd like to get my wife a cotterless unicycle, this one has way too much sentimental value to her.
              That greatly simplifies the shopping process. For now. If she starts riding it a lot, eventually it will be time for a new one...
              ... you should never name your stuff. It's much harder to throw away later
              I agree! My unicycles don't have names. Uh, but I mostly still have all of them...
              John Foss
              www.unicycling.com

"Who is going to argue with a mom who can ride a unicycle?" -- Forums member "HiMo"

Comment

Working...
              X