Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Los Angeles/Orange County Ride Organization Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Official Los Angeles/Orange County Ride Organization Thread

    I decided to take Tom up on his suggestion, and I think it's a good one. I modified his "title" suggestion since SoCal covers such a large area, and most of the rides we do are in the Los Angeles/Orange county area. We can definitely include other areas, such as Santa Barbara and San Diego areas if the interest is there.

    To kick things off, this Sunday, 10/2/11, there will be a group 36er/29er beach bike path ride starting at Sunset Beach, just north of Huntington beach. Meetup time is 8am at the famous water tower house at #1 Anderson st., at PCH.

    Should be perfect riding weather and we can ride as far as the group decides. Chime in here or PM if you can join us. Nothing more fun and awesome than a SEA of 36er's to freak out and amaze the general public!


    Originally posted by tomblackwood View Post
    How about this for an idea. Start one new thread (by Terry), and call it something like the Official Southern California Ride Organization Thread, and then use it as a "rolling" thread to organize your rides. Sometimes it will drop from the first page when you skip a weekend, and then up it pops again when a new proposal is being discussed. Sometimes it will be used for MUni rides, sometimes for COKER. Newbies in your area will know about the rides, because the thread will be properly titled. Those of us not in your area will know to skip it if we want, rather than being drawn in by the possibility it might involve us.

    It's like recycling for the forum. One thread, many rides. Y'all'd be green 'n stuff.
    Last edited by MuniAddict; 2011-09-30, 06:51 PM.
    Happy Birthday Terry! Every year you get cooler, younger and unicyclier!
    Be our muniprohpet for many years more.
    -Dani Buron


    Website
    Videos
    Facebook

  • #2
    CicLAvia!

    Good idea for a ride thread!

    Some friends and I will be on our uni's for this on Oct 9th!

    http://www.ciclavia.org/

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Namlak View Post
      Good idea for a ride thread!

      Some friends and I will be on our uni's for this on Oct 9th!

      http://www.ciclavia.org/
      Looks like fun! So come out out and join us for this ride as well! We also have a new 36er rider, Clay, from San Diego joining us this Sunday.
      Last edited by MuniAddict; 2011-10-01, 03:11 AM.
      Happy Birthday Terry! Every year you get cooler, younger and unicyclier!
      Be our muniprohpet for many years more.
      -Dani Buron


      Website
      Videos
      Facebook

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Namlak View Post
        Good idea for a ride thread!

        Some friends and I will be on our uni's for this on Oct 9th!

        http://www.ciclavia.org/
        Oh yeah... you WILL be seeing me there!!
        I ride for a singular mission - to keep one more streaker off the road. If not exhibitionists, then what are we?

        Comment


        • #5
          Is there gonna be any non 36er riding tmrw? I have the day off and thats not far at all for me.. Anyone wanna ride trials or street there lol
          Cody Freaking Williams
          DIRTY BIRD VIDEO!!
          PAINFUL UNI VID!!!
          RenegadeJuggling.com

          Comment


          • #6
            New riding buddy Clay drove in all the way from San Diego for one of the most enjoyable 36er beach rides in a long time! You all really missed out on a fantastic time, although I know it was pretty short notice.

            The weather couldn't have been more perfect as we rode through the beautiful beach cities of Sunset, Huntington, Newport, Balboa, and stopping at the world famous "Wedge", which is home to some of the largest and most treacherous waves anywhere! (Not today though. )

            We then savored the ride back for a total of 32 miles. We can't wait to do this ride route again, and we are planning another one on about 3 weeks. I'll post the ride with more advance notice next time.

            Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00925.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	250.4 KB
ID:	2439867

            Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00922.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	292.9 KB
ID:	2439868

            Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00914.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	282.9 KB
ID:	2439869

            Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00918.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	295.5 KB
ID:	2439870

            Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00913.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	447.9 KB
ID:	2439871

            Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00912.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	301.8 KB
ID:	2439872

            Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00908.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	335.2 KB
ID:	2439873

            Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00907.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	378.2 KB
ID:	2439874

            Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00906.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	355.8 KB
ID:	2439875
            Last edited by MuniAddict; 2011-10-02, 08:19 PM.
            Happy Birthday Terry! Every year you get cooler, younger and unicyclier!
            Be our muniprohpet for many years more.
            -Dani Buron


            Website
            Videos
            Facebook

            Comment


            • #7
              Ciclavia October 2011! Let's get a list of guys/gals together that are doing the event on one wheel!

              I did the ride last year, started at the Western end and rode to the eastern end and back (about 15mi). The best strategy is the reverse... gather at Hollenbeck Park (The Eastern end of the route map). That way most of the (gentle) climbing takes place in the first 1/2 of your ride and it's all downhill for the second half.

              My vote is we meet there at 10am and ride the length of the route, and find a restaurant to gather at during the return... maybe Chinatown for example?

              HERE is the link for the event and reply to this note if you want to meet at Hollenbeck Park!

              -David Howard
              Last edited by DancesOnH2O; 2011-10-03, 06:24 PM.
              I ride for a singular mission - to keep one more streaker off the road. If not exhibitionists, then what are we?

              Comment


              • #8
                HERE is a better list of restaurants along the CicLAvia route.
                I ride for a singular mission - to keep one more streaker off the road. If not exhibitionists, then what are we?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Oh, and there's a Mole Festival on Olvera Street on Sunday also!! Maybe that should be our food stop.
                  I ride for a singular mission - to keep one more streaker off the road. If not exhibitionists, then what are we?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Anybody up for a little Muni 10/8/11

                    Some Saturday morning Muni at Santiago Oaks, Aliso Wood, Whiting Ranch or whatever?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I haven't posted on the forum in a while and I haven't been on my unicycle in awhile, but was thinking about riding in CicLAvia this Sunday and I see that some others are too. I live near the Western End of the Route and would rather start there probably on my 36. Let's figure something out. Either her or via PM.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by DancesOnH2O View Post
                        Oh, and there's a Mole Festival on Olvera Street on Sunday also!! Maybe that should be our food stop.
                        Sweet! I'm in!
                        "Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life's coming attractions."
                        -- Albert Einstein

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by ThisGuyIKnow View Post
                          I haven't posted on the forum in a while and I haven't been on my unicycle in awhile, but was thinking about riding in CicLAvia this Sunday and I see that some others are too. I live near the Western End of the Route and would rather start there probably on my 36. Let's figure something out. Either her or via PM.
                          wow... I live in Rancho Park and ride 36er around here all the time. There is a slow group (bike) ride leaving crank mob park at noon with a destination of midroute but I would be game to meet at the west end of the route also. The westernmost end is the "bicycle district" at melrose and heliotrope.

                          pm me if you want to meet and I'll reply with my phone number.
                          I ride for a singular mission - to keep one more streaker off the road. If not exhibitionists, then what are we?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by MuniAddict View Post
                            New riding buddy Clay drove in all the way from San Diego for one of the most enjoyable 36er beach rides in a long time! You all really missed out on a fantastic time, although I know it was pretty short notice.

                            The weather couldn't have been more perfect as we rode through the beautiful beach cities of Sunset, Huntington, Newport, Balboa, and stopping at the world famous "Wedge", which is home to some of the largest and most treacherous waves anywhere! (Not today though. )

                            We then savored the ride back for a total of 32 miles. We can't wait to do this ride route again, and we are planning another one on about 3 weeks. I'll post the ride with more advance notice next
                            Terry! Are you planning to go to ciclavia on sunday?
                            I ride for a singular mission - to keep one more streaker off the road. If not exhibitionists, then what are we?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by DancesOnH2O View Post
                              Ciclavia October 2011! Let's get a list of guys/gals together that are doing the event on one wheel!

                              I did the ride last year, started at the Western end and rode to the eastern end and back (about 15mi). The best strategy is the reverse... gather at Hollenbeck Park (The Eastern end of the route map). That way most of the (gentle) climbing takes place in the first 1/2 of your ride and it's all downhill for the second half.

                              My vote is we meet there at 10am and ride the length of the route, and find a restaurant to gather at during the return... maybe Chinatown for example?

                              HERE is the link for the event and reply to this note if you want to meet at Hollenbeck Park!

                              -David Howard
                              I like this plan and want to join in. I have a 29er. Open to other plans too.

                              Will pm David with my number...
                              ----------------------------------------------

                              Art is a misspelled rat.
                              "The unicyclist is the purest form of rebel"

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X