Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unicycle.com and friends to ride in 2011 McDonald's Thanksgiving Parade, Chicago

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Unicycle.com and friends to ride in 2011 McDonald's Thanksgiving Parade, Chicago

    Dear fellow unicyclists:

    I submitted an application to ride in the 2011 McDonald's Thanksgiving Day Parade in Chicago and it was accepted. Thanksgiving Day is Thursday, November 24.

    Chicago is a 12-hour drive from Atlanta. A few local riders and I plan to leave early, around 6 a.m. on Wednesday, November 23 and arrive that evening.

    If you're in the Chicago area (or anywhere else!), join us! There's no entry fee. It'll be a fun ride with a huge audience. I've cut/pasted a note below from the coordinator. The parade will be broadcast by WGN-TV into approximately 75 million households. If you're interested, email me at john@unicycle.com.

    --------------
    Congratulations, your group has been accepted to perform in the McDonald’s Thanksgiving Parade! Attached is your acceptance letter which gives more details about the upcoming parade. We are very excited to have you on board.

    As a reminder, if you require overnight accommodations, you must stay at the Sheraton Chicago Hotel & Towers (more information is located in the attachment). Also, note that all accepted units must provide a certificate of insurance to the Chicago Festival Association naming Chicago Festival Association as an additional insured.

    We look forward to seeing you Thanksgiving morning,
    -------------------
    Best regards,
    john@unicycle.com
    1-800-Unicycle (1-800-864-2925)

    (chissakid is a Native American word for juggler)

  • #2
    I would love to join you guys, but it's a bit more than 12 hours from here, plus I'll actually be in an airplane that day. Have a great time! Do it like Ferris Bueller would.
    Originally posted by chissakid View Post
    (chissakid is a Native American word for juggler)
    Aw. I thought it meant you were "chiss a kid" at heart.
    John Foss
    www.unicycling.com

    "Who is going to argue with a mom who can ride a unicycle?" -- Forums member "HiMo"

    Comment


    • #3
      How many people do you have? And do you plan to ride in any special formation? I might be interested in coming and I could probably bring some other riders from Chicago if you want.

      Anyhow I think the parade is a huge advertising opportunity (which probably mirrors your thoughts). There's a gazillion people that go, many probably wouldn't think of trying/buying a unicycle otherwise.
      Videos:
      Tr1alz
      2rialz
      Street 2011

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by johnfoss View Post
        I would love to join you guys, but it's a bit more than 12 hours from here, plus I'll actually be in an airplane that day. Have a great time! Do it like Ferris Bueller would.
        Aw. I thought it meant you were "chiss a kid" at heart.
        Just have the airplane bring you to Chicago, John!
        Best regards,
        john@unicycle.com
        1-800-Unicycle (1-800-864-2925)

        (chissakid is a Native American word for juggler)

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by surfer1024 View Post
          How many people do you have? And do you plan to ride in any special formation? I might be interested in coming and I could probably bring some other riders from Chicago if you want.

          Anyhow I think the parade is a huge advertising opportunity (which probably mirrors your thoughts). There's a gazillion people that go, many probably wouldn't think of trying/buying a unicycle otherwise.
          Hi Zachary. Casey and I look forward to meeting you and your family. I hope it's a warm day!
          Best regards,
          john@unicycle.com
          1-800-Unicycle (1-800-864-2925)

          (chissakid is a Native American word for juggler)

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by chissakid View Post
            Dear fellow unicyclists:

            I submitted an application to ride in the 2011 McDonald's Thanksgiving Day Parade in Chicago and it was accepted. Thanksgiving Day is Thursday, November 24.

            Chicago is a 12-hour drive from Atlanta. A few local riders and I plan to leave early, around 6 a.m. on Wednesday, November 23 and arrive that evening.

            If you're in the Chicago area (or anywhere else!), join us! There's no entry fee. It'll be a fun ride with a huge audience. I've cut/pasted a note below from the coordinator. The parade will be broadcast by WGN-TV and viewed by approximately 75 million households. If you're interested, email me at john@unicycle.com.

            --------------
            Congratulations, your group has been accepted to perform in the McDonald’s Thanksgiving Parade! Attached is your acceptance letter which gives more details about the upcoming parade. We are very excited to have you on board.

            As a reminder, if you require overnight accommodations, you must stay at the Sheraton Chicago Hotel & Towers (more information is located in the attachment). Also, note that all accepted units must provide a certificate of insurance to the Chicago Festival Association naming Chicago Festival Association as an additional insured.

            We look forward to seeing you Thanksgiving morning,
            -------------------
            Re-posting this invitation for Chicago-area unicyclists. Come join us and perform for your hometown!
            Best regards,
            john@unicycle.com
            1-800-Unicycle (1-800-864-2925)

            (chissakid is a Native American word for juggler)

            Comment


            • #7
              Three of us from Atlanta will be joining about 10 riders in the Chicago area on Thanksgiving Day to ride in the McDonald's parade. The organizers are expecting about 375,000 people to line the streets of Chicago and watch us ride by. Well, not just us.

              Want to join us? Send an email to john@unicycle.com. Otherwise, watch for us on WGN-TV!
              Best regards,
              john@unicycle.com
              1-800-Unicycle (1-800-864-2925)

              (chissakid is a Native American word for juggler)

              Comment


              • #8
                Oh man, but I just ordered a new tire. Who will be there to fill the orders if your all riding up to Chicago for the parade?

                Never mind my order. Happy to wait for the UDC team, knowing they are off having some well earned fun. Wishing you all a safe and fun trip. Will watch for ya in the parade broadcast.

                Where the Coker tire wore down to the threads in 3months, the Nightrider tire is just approaching the threads after 18months. UDC has the best.
                Regards,
                Ken

                Unicycles are flying machines!

                24", 28", 32", and 36" KH frame based mutts.
                26" inexpensive travel.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Just to follow up, Wow, my order was shipped. Super UDC!
                  Regards,
                  Ken

                  Unicycles are flying machines!

                  24", 28", 32", and 36" KH frame based mutts.
                  26" inexpensive travel.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Chrashing View Post
                    Just to follow up, Wow, my order was shipped. Super UDC!
                    Hi Ken. We had a blast at the parade in Chicago. My son Casey and I met a lot of kind and talented riders up there. Even the weather favored us.

                    I'm glad our team got your order shipped. They're a dedicated bunch who love cycling. I hope you'll drop in on us next time you're traveling through Atlanta. We have a lot of new toys to play with!
                    Best regards,
                    john@unicycle.com
                    1-800-Unicycle (1-800-864-2925)

                    (chissakid is a Native American word for juggler)

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X