Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plethora of fat tires, time for some more fat frames?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got my materials... Frames are comming soon
    Jakob F.

Comment

Details, Jacob! What are you planning to make?

Comment

Details will come with pictures once the product is done. In just a couple of days hopefully

I've been working on this for quite a while now, I'm just hoping it will come out as nice as I am planning!
        Last edited by jaco_flans; 2014-01-30, 12:27 PM.
        Jakob F.

Comment

Fatty Schlumpf?

Comment

Originally posted by Dane M View Post
            Fatty Schlumpf?
            It will be compatible with a Schlumpf hub, but I'm not riding a geared fatty!

I prepared all my tubing for the first one yesterday. I should be able to get this done by next week

I have another one to make so far for a friend. I'll be ready to take orders as soon as it's tested properly
            Jakob F.

Comment

A unicycle with TWO saddles!

Comment

Originally posted by wdmunicyclist View Post
                I need to get out for a ride - report to follow
                Off topic:

Funny - in Danish the words "Husker du" means "Do you remember"!

Looking closer at the picture, I saw that it said "Hüsker dü" and not "Husker du", so it probably means something totally different - in some other language.

Best regards,
                Sanne
                Last edited by Sanne.Kj; 2014-01-31, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sanne.Kj View Post
                  Off topic:

Funny - in Danish the words "Husker du" means "Do you remember"!

Looking closer at the picture, I saw that it said "Hüsker dü" and not "Husker du", so it probably means something totally different - in some other language.

Best regards,
                  Sanne
                  That's hilarious, I always wondered why a memory game that I used to play with my Grandma was named Husker Du!

Comment

Originally posted by Dane M View Post
                    Fatty Schlumpf?
                    This has become a new nickname for my cat. She is very large.

Comment

Originally posted by aarons View Post
                      This has become a new nickname for my cat. She is very large.
                      Nice!

Comment

Originally posted by Shmolagin View Post
                        That's hilarious, I always wondered why a memory game that I used to play with my Grandma was named Husker Du!
                        I remember seeing the TV ads for that game in the 70s or 80s. They did mention, in the ad, that it meant "do you remember" in some language. So it may have made perfect sense to your Grandma when she bought it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sanne.Kj View Post
                          You're right! Hüsker dü was a 1980s punk band from Minneapolis, Minnesota, that took its name from the board game but added an extra diacritical mark. 45Nrth is located in Minneapolis, which has a latitude of 45°N.

(The second of the two songs in this clip is their version of the theme song to The Mary Tyler Moore Show, a popular comedy TV series that was set in Minneapolis.)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1sYN0PuRs4"]"Makes No Sense At All"/"Love Is All Around"[/ame]

Things I know because I am old...

Comment

Originally posted by Shmolagin View Post
                            That's really funny - but makes sense

Best regards,
                            Sanne

Comment

Originally posted by LargeEddie View Post
                              You're right! Hüsker dü was a 1980s punk band from Minneapolis, Minnesota, that took its name from the board game but added an extra diacritical mark. 45Nrth is located in Minneapolis, which has a latitude of 45°N.
                              I didn't know the band, but when I follow a link in your link I found a picture of the game (which I have not seen before) with lines over the U's. That sign does not exist in Danish, but in handwriting some people added the line over the small u's so that they were not confused with small n's. Nowadays I think only elderly people would put a line over the u's.

Things I know because I am old...
                              But you are still younger than I am

Best regards,
                              Sanne
                              Last edited by Sanne.Kj; 2014-01-31, 11:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jaco_flans View Post
                                I have another one to make so far for a friend. I'll be ready to take orders as soon as it's tested properly
                                I can't wait...
                                => CrMo 29: KH XC rim, Nimbus CrMo hub, Spirit 110/137 & Schwalbe Big One
                                => Flansberrium 26: Nextie rim, JumboJim 4.0, Spirit 127/150mm, M4O ISIS

Comment

Working...
                                X