24" Tire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 24" Tire

I've got the Chrome Nimbus ISIS Muni 24, and unfortunately I'm just a little too noob to take it offroad proper yet.. so I'm looing for a road tire to put on the frame, however, it's a wide rim, so I'm looking for suggestions on a good street tire for this Unicycle from UDC.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Icecream; 2011-08-30, 02:27 PM.

maxxis hookworm, or maxxis holly roller
    <3street<3

70cm high jump (rolling)
    225cm long jump (rolling)

Comment

I have a 26" hookworm that I sometimes use. It is a bit heavy but buttery smooth and perfectly round.

I am sure there are lighter tires out there that would work well but the Hookworms are popular for a reason.
      My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. - Jack Layton

Comment

I like the CST Cyclops for cruising pavement. It's fast, stable, and cheap.

Comment

I haven't tried that many tires, but I recently put a 24 x 2.3 Kenda Kiniption on my on-road unicycle. It's got a round profile and was much faster than the tire it replaced.
          I'm different, yeah I'm different. I'm different, yeah I'm different. Pull up to the scene and my wheel is missing. Pull up to the scene and my wheel is missing.

Comment

Hookworm
            Always remember: With patience and perseverance you can piss a hole through a rock.

Comment

The hookworm is great, and the cyclops is pretty much a heavier version of it, so also great. I think 2.4 is the widest you can get the cyclops, but for a budget tire you really can't go wrong.

If you want a tire that does well on pavement, and isn't too shabby on the trail I have been very happy with the Felt Berm Master. You can pick it up at a Felt dealer, and it's a 24x3. I air it up a bit more for street riding than I do for trails, but it's the only tire I've found that performs reasonably well in both places. It's not a great mud tire. I have used it on dry Colorado single track with great success.
              "A properly ridden unicycle is like an object in orbit: constantly falling but never landing." -Diogenes

Comment

Working...
              X