Muni riders - height/weight -vs- wheel size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muni riders - height/weight -vs- wheel size

Hey guys, since everyone seems to want to share their height and weight i thought we might as well put it to some use.

Knowing a bunch of heights and weights is pretty useless in itself but might be interesting if we combine that information with preferred wheel size/tire width for MUni.

If I get enough data I will punch it into excel and see if any trends emerge. (do taller people like taller wheels? heavier people wider tires? no relation?)

you can give your height/weight in metric or imperial measurements, it doesn't mater, but please just give one wheel size.

I will start

5'10" 185lbs 26x2.5
    My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. - Jack Layton

5'11" 160lbs 24 x 3.0
    The World is on fire, are you the smoke, or the flames?

Comment

5'9" / 135lbs

24x3.0

I think that most of the responses you are going to get are going to be pretty much the same, no matter what height/weight...

However, there might be some more experienced riders out there with a more personal preference...
      "Light a man a fire, and he will be warm for a day. Light a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life."

"'Your' and 'You're' are sworn enemies. If you misplace them, it could lead to violence."

My Youtube

Comment

6', 160lbs, 26x2.5-2.6

Having only been riding 2 years I'm not one of the more experienced riders but I have reached this preference after spending a fair amount of time with other options (24x3.0, 26x3.8, 29x2.2-2.5, 36x2.25).

Comment

Yah I know I am going to get a lot of 24x3 across the board but it would be interesting to see where the other wheel/tire sizes fit in. Maybe only half of the over 6" crowd uses 24x3?

we need a lot more responses to see if there are any trends.
          My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. - Jack Layton

Comment

I think adding crank size would be helpfull.

5' 10", 155 lbs. 24X2.7, 170 cranks.

I've tried bigger wheels but I can't handle the effective taller gearing in much of my terrain, and I don't do drops so I can't make use of a more volumous tire.

I'd go down a bit on the cranks to 165's if they'd fit on my DX hub.
            Last edited by skilewis74; 2011-08-10, 12:58 AM.
            Ride everywhere and never just ride anywhere. If you can ride where you are going within a hour, do it, and if you can do a trick 50-75% of the time do it along the way.- Bob Burnquist

What's next?
            Learn2Ride&doTricks
            TrialsClasses&Building

Comment

5'9", 210#, 26x2.6, 165mm, 18psi
              Last edited by Doug; 2011-08-10, 01:57 AM.
              Get out and ride

Comment

5'11" - 160# - 24x3 - 165

Comment

6' 0" - 255 - 26x2.5 - 150's
                  There is nothing worse than a gross exaggeration.

Comment

6'1" 210lbs 26x3.8 165's

Comment

Cool guys. Should have thought of crank size.

Just punched in what we have and an interesting trend has popped up, not one that I was expecting.

I think I am going to wait until we have at least 20 responses before posting any results.

I am amending my entry to include crank length.

5'10" 185lbs 26x2.5 145mm

Comment

6 ft 1 in, 175 lbs; 29 in by 2.6 wide

Comment

5'9" 195lbs 24x3 150mm
                          Sam

Comment

5'8" 145lbs 24x3 165

Comment

5'11 180lbs 24x2.6
                              Cody Freaking Williams
                              DIRTY BIRD VIDEO!!
                              PAINFUL UNI VID!!!