No announcement yet.

MUni Weekend 16: Auburn, CA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guys, Tom just clued me in to a great fact: there is a nice disc golf course right near Auburn! Check it out: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=715

We have to play a round on one of the days of CMW.

---Nathan

Comment

Need a ride

Hey!
      Is there someone who can pick me up on their way? I live in Burlingame and will have 2 unis (20" Trial and 24" Muni).
      Please write me a PM if you have space, thanks!

And another thing: If one of you guys has an extra pad it would be great if I could use it as mine had to stay in Germany.
      "Akrobatisch Erarbeitetes Verkehrs Desaster" - Cyc

Comment

Schedule change is official

That's right, I've moved us out of Auburn so we don't get crowded by the Tevis Cup race. We will do Auburn on Friday. Saturday will be Salmon Falls/South Fork trails, and Sunday will be Stevens Trail. If travelers are concerned about missing the Auburn riding, it might be possible to do the fun events in the morning, stop for lunch and then do the main ride in the afternoon?

I've updated the information on the website, and added an Accommodations and Travel page, which will hopefully answer some of your questions. More details are in the works. If you don't like the idea of sleeping on the floor, I've added info about the downtown Sacramento Hostel, which is in a cool old mansion and has a range of very affordable choices!

Please send in your registrations, so I can plan for the numbers of people and otherwise be prepared so we don't have to do paperwork during the actual weekend.

I'm working on a possible big group dinner and movie event on Saturday, at STEP (also in Carmichael). We have a classroom where everyone will actually fit, with a big screen to show anything you can display on a computer. Then we can have food brought in. What kind of food?
        Last edited by johnfoss; 2011-08-30, 03:20 PM.
        John Foss
        www.unicycling.com

"Who is going to argue with a mom who can ride a unicycle?" -- Forums member "HiMo"

Comment

Okay folks, I've heard a lot of people tell me they're coming, but I only have four registrations so far. They are all from different states/provinces though! That's Maryland, Texas, California and British Columbia.

If more registrations don't come in pretty soon, I will have to cancel the T-shirts. That's okay with me; the first MUni Weekend didn't have T-shirts either. How about bike jerseys? Too expensive.

Please register, or at least give me a head's up that you intend to attend. But you should pre-register, so you don't have to wait around for me to do a bunch of paperwork before we can start riding each morning...

http://unicycling.com/muni/2011/index.htm
          John Foss
          www.unicycling.com

"Who is going to argue with a mom who can ride a unicycle?" -- Forums member "HiMo"

Comment

I have been lurking silently with great interest....

I happen to be visiting family in Nevada City, CA for a while, and am hopeful that I'll still be here for the MUNI weekend. I should be certain enough to register in a couple weeks...

I look forward to riding with y'all!
            Cheers- Gregg

http://www.youtube.com/user/xiotosan

29 x 2.1 Nano-Raptor
            26 x 3.0 Duro (actual 27.5 x 2.7) or 26 x 2.3 WTB Stout
            20 x 2.0 ?

Comment

I knew I forgot something...

Have one little question, though:
              Is it possible to pay in cash when I arrived and just send you the form attached to an e-mail?

I assume the t-shirts are in male-size...

Comment

Game on, I am ready to ride

Comment

Just sent my registration! Can't wait!
                  "Light a man a fire, and he will be warm for a day. Light a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life."

"'Your' and 'You're' are sworn enemies. If you misplace them, it could lead to violence."

My Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by AEV D. View Post
                    Have one little question, though:
                    Is it possible to pay in cash when I arrived and just send you the form attached to an e-mail?
                    You will still need to sign a paper copy of the waiver, or scan your signed one to email it. Please be sure to bring exact change.
                    I assume the t-shirts are in male-size...
                    As am I, though it's still up in the air about whether there will be any. Still only four registrations so far...
                    John Foss
                    www.unicycling.com

Comment

Looking for my USA # - you'd think I would've written down something like that...

Comment

For people who are already USA members (or aren't sure if they're current), contact Hans Mills (this page). He can tell you when you expire(d) so you know if you need to re-up. If you joined for U Games last year, you're going to need to re-up.
                        John Foss
                        www.unicycling.com

Comment

UPDATES:
                          We're going to cancel the T-shirts. Due to a lack of orders, it's not enough to go through the process. We will make do without--just like we did at the first MUni Weekend in 1996! We had T-shirts from '97 onward though.

YOU MUST REGISTER TO PARTICIPATE!
                          It's an insurance thing. For us to be protected, everyone must be a USA member. Unless you have joined or renewed since October 7, 2010, you need to join or renew. Not sure? Contact the USA's Membership Coordinator, Hans Mills. Click on the "Membership" link.

I have just posted the Schedule page. Start times are a balance between accommodating people with varying travel plans, and having somewhat reasonable ride finish times. Still got to post detail pages for each ride day, and the directions.

If you are flying in, you can use this thread to connect with other flyers for ride sharing. Right now I have arrival and departure times for only one rider, but he's probably interested.

Note for air travelers:
                          October 6, the day most of you will fly in, is opening day for the new Terminal B at the Sacramento International Airport (depending on your airline). I hope you like it, and that everything works on their first day!
                          Last edited by johnfoss; 2011-09-23, 05:33 AM.
                          John Foss
                          www.unicycling.com

Comment

Hey John, I didn't see this thread until now, is there a deadline for signing up? I think I can go but have to get a few things sorted first.

Thanks

ERIC
                            My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. - Jack Layton

Comment

It would be great to have you, Eric! Only 5 or 6 people are actually registered so far, so I think you're in pretty good shape. For people outside the US, I'm allowing payment by PayPal, though you'll still need to sign a waiver. You can either scan it and send it that way, or just send your registration data electronically and sign a waiver copy when you get here.

C'mon, the rest of you, lets get this registration stuff out of the way before the day-of, pleeeze!
                              John Foss
                              www.unicycling.com

Comment

Originally posted by johnfoss View Post
                                UPDATES:
                                We're going to cancel the T-shirts. Due to a lack of orders, it's not enough to go through the process. We will make do without--just like we did at the first MUni Weekend in 1996! We had T-shirts from '97 onward though.
                                Noooo!!!

I'm just not registered yet because I don't know how to get there since Brian who wanted to give me a ride can't go...

So again is there somebody who can give me a ride? I can take BART up to Oakland.

I really want to get there and the only other way to go is with a Greyhound bus but I think they don't accept the 24" Muni...

Edit: Just thought of another possibility: If there's somebody who has a spare Muni I can come with the bus..
                                Last edited by AEV D.; 2011-09-23, 09:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X