Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Amazing Sport with Little Exposure

SLACKLINING!
    I recently got involved in this sport which offers many of the same rewards as unicycling. A very quick and simple set up while offering endless opportunities for fun and fitness. Other than being amazing on foot, my goal is to uni on the line. Iv'e seen a few videos of it and am looking forward to the opportunity. Iv'e already got my 3 and 4yr old loving it.

Finally, after 6 1/2 years of research and focus groups, Just One Wheel will be opening the first Unicycle Training and Balance center in the country here in Plainview New York this summer.
    Other than Unicycles we will have many various and fun balance aids including Slack Lines
    If your local or going to be, please stop in check us out & have FUN on ONE. You will experience something you never thought possible.
    For more info keep an eye on justonewheel.com

Adam
    HAVE FUN ON ONE!
    justonewheel.com

even better...combining unicycling with slackining
    Best of Me

18:21 Stillstand
    255 foot railride

Comment

Originally posted by JustOneWheel View Post
      SLACKLINING!
      I recently got involved in this sport which offers many of the same rewards as unicycling. A very quick and simple set up while offering endless opportunities for fun and fitness. Other than being amazing on foot, my goal is to uni on the line. Iv'e seen a few videos of it and am looking forward to the opportunity. Iv'e already got my 3 and 4yr old loving it.

Finally, after 6 1/2 years of research and focus groups, Just One Wheel will be opening the first Unicycle Training and Balance center in the country here in Plainview New York this summer.
      Other than Unicycles we will have many various and fun balance aids including Slack Lines
      If your local or going to be, please stop in check us out & have FUN on ONE. You will experience something you never thought possible.
      For more info keep an eye on justonewheel.com

Adam
      Originally posted by DSchmitt View Post
      even better...combining unicycling with slackining
      Thats my goal THE END!
      HAVE FUN ON ONE!
      justonewheel.com

Comment

One of my cow orkers brought a slackline to the office on a recent Friday, and we were messing around with that while some of the others tried my unicycle.
        It must have looked a bit like a circus seminar to some of the other denizens of the building...
        http://clevercycles.com/energy_and_equity
        http://goo.gl/l64bW

Comment

hmm... the last time a sport piqued my interest from afar... it was unicycling! A year later, I bought a 24" nimbus! Slacklining feels quite the same...
          Nimbus 24 MUni
          Nimbus Trials
          Triton 29'er w/MountainUni disc brake system.

Comment

Originally posted by Tak View Post
            One of my cow orkers brought a slackline to the office...
            You have cows who can slackline! Ours always fail udderly.
            - Kenny

Comment

what is slacklining
              Communicatively,
              Zayr

"As soon as you lose your balance, gravity will reconnect you with the ground regardless of how high or low your seat is."
              -Rowan

Comment

Here is an example for you mate.
                [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPpDN0coscA"]YouTube - ‪Extreme Slackline Kids - GIBBON Junior Team at work‬‏[/ame]

I've done it casually for a wee while, it's heaps of fun.
                My latest video

Comment

Originally posted by blueharmony View Post
                  You have cows who can slackline! Ours always fail udderly.
                  You need to make them 'orkers' beforehand...

And slacklining looks very fun for me. Only it is quite stationary, but that may be an advantage sometimes.
                  http://vooni.kkdt.org My unicycling adventures including RomUni ride.

Comment

They're hideously fun. I used to slack at the beach every weekend. Then I got lazy. We're starting again this weekend.
                    -------------------------------
                    Team-Uni:: Unicycle Shop and Workshops
                    http://www.team-uni.com

Colorfully Constipated Stories
                    http://www.ipooprainbows.com

Comment

I got my first slackline last year. I got a longer line a month ago so I could use some trees at the local park. My son (17) likes slacklining - for a "yoof" he's not bad. And my daughter (12) is a balance natural. She learned unicycling in about 2 hours (at most) and slacklining in a few minutes.

I think unicycling and slacklining are complementary - both aiding balance and the development of core muscles.

Jerry
                      "One wheel good: two wheels bad"
                      George OneWheel, "Unicycle Farm"

Comment

Interesting. It's funny, I was talking to my dad a few days ago about how I wanted to learn tightrope walking, but that there was NO WAY we could set it up at the house, or anywhere near it for that matter.
                        Slacklining looks terribly intriguing. It seems like an easier, but more elastic version of tightrope walking. The last time I was so intrigued with a sport was unicycling.
                        Happy cows come from California. Then at one point, PETA got into the mix and claimed that California cows were not happy. Of course, being the animal experts PETA aren't, they were unable to quantify any method of detecting cow happiness. - JF

Comment

Originally posted by Milosboy View Post
                          Interesting. It's funny, I was talking to my dad a few days ago about how I wanted to learn tightrope walking, but that there was NO WAY we could set it up at the house, or anywhere near it for that matter.
                          Slacklining looks terribly intriguing. It seems like an easier, but more elastic version of tightrope walking. The last time I was so intrigued with a sport was unicycling.
                          Milosboy, I don't know why I don't know you since you live in Madison, but I have a slackline if you would be interested in trying it. Also, we need to go for a distance ride sometime. PM me.

Comment

Uni and Slackline

You can look at this Pics from Lutz
                            He can do unicycling on the slackline
                            Charly
                            (Ambitionierter, šlterer, alterstarrsinniger Einradler)

My Homepage <weird translation by GOOGLE>

traffic rules are just an option
                            DIGGER: Einradfahren kann man nich kaufen - muss man lernen

Comment

Here's the video of Lutz unicycling on a slackline ...
                              http://einrad.tv/video/1135-SlacklineUnicycling
                              The Best Mountain Unicycling Quotes of All Time at mountainunicycling.com

Comment

Working...
                              X