KH Leg armor - which leg is which?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KH Leg armor - which leg is which?

I am using the KH leg armor. The ad shows the signature on the right side of the right leg and the left side of the left leg.

The Unigeezer, in at least one of his videos, has the two legs reversed.

Is there a best way? What are the advantages?

Risk
    Risk

^^^^^^^^*********^^^^^^^^^

60% determination, 25% persistance, 15% perspiration
    (modified for south Texas)

I recently got a set and I put the shinny side towards the frame. I just figured it was unique material compared to the rest of the armor so I figured it went to the inside.
    Rules are meant to be understood, and then broken appropriately - 4umfreak

Comment

I just think UniGeezer's swapped his legs over so he can do all that incredible stuff!

Jerry
      "One wheel good: two wheels bad"
      George OneWheel, "Unicycle Farm"

Comment

Originally posted by imrisk View Post
        I am using the KH leg armor. The ad shows the signature on the right side of the right leg and the left side of the left leg.

The Unigeezer, in at least one of his videos, has the two legs reversed.

Is there a best way? What are the advantages?

Risk
        Been wondering the same thing myself.

I have been wearing them with the logo pointing out but have found that the velcro can catch against the frame and brake mounts and come undone.

Also, I think I should have gone for a bigger size
        Unicycling in the Scottish Highlands

"Unicycle into the Skye" unicycle tour Scotland June 2015

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/Highland.Unicyclist

Comment

I always go split on the outside. This way the inside of the leg has full wheel/frame bash coverage.
          There is nothing worse than a gross exaggeration.

Comment

For me the shiny goes in, if I have it the other way, if the tire hits the armor the friction pulls me off the uni.
            The most incomprehensible thing about the world is that it is all comprehensible.
            The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious.
            -AE

Comment

Thanks for the feedback guys. I guess that we all are saying the same thing. Someday, maybe I'll figure out why Terry was wearing them opposite.

Risk
              Risk

^^^^^^^^*********^^^^^^^^^

60% determination, 25% persistance, 15% perspiration
              (modified for south Texas)

Comment

Shiny part goes inside, as said before. More protection since the pads will rub against the frame tire and pedals against the inside of the pad and not the outside.

Comment

Shiny part goes inside, yeah, but look what it caused on my qu-ax 24" cross frame after a few hours of riding What an abrasive material...
                  Attached Files

Comment

Weird, really weird, even thoough I change the paint of my frame every 3-4 months, I never had that happened to me... I've been riding KH pads for 4 years now (the same pair ).

Comment

Originally posted by emile View Post
                      Weird, really weird, even thoough I change the paint of my frame every 3-4 months, I never had that happened to me... I've been riding KH pads for 4 years now (the same pair ).
                      Do your legs rub the frame much? I have the same wear marks on my 26" Nimbus muni, but I think a lot of it was from when I was riding the seat lower and my legs rubbed the frame more. I think inseam length is a factor, too.

Comment

It might have to do with the frame size. That's crazy that they've lasted you 4 years though, are they still in good condition?
                        max

Comment

I have a tendency to rub the paint off of a small area on the right side of my frames. Now I cover that area with clear packing tape and it prevents the wear and really extends the paint job a lot longer.
                          Happy Birthday Terry! Every year you get cooler, younger and unicyclier!
                          Be our muniprohpet for many years more.
                          -Dani Buron

Website
                          Videos
                          Facebook

Comment

Imo...

I don't own a pair of his BUT I can speak from experience with other stuff...hopefully it'll help.

1. Obviously the opening goes in the back; not sure if KH is different.
                            2. Every company wants their logo to be seen, thus logos usually go on the outside or in the front like my old Hammer 2zs.
                            3. If there are straps in the back, they generally strap towards the inside of your legs.
                            4. When in doubt, go by how they feel when you put them on.

Sorry if any of that was obvious or condescending....but hopefully that'll help!

Comment

Emile i noticed how you have different paint and stuff all the time... are you powdercoating or are you using a metalcast spray paint and a sealer? Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X