No announcement yet.

Unicycles In Movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I the grinch that stole Christmas with Jim carry there are two scenes with unicycles.
    "Cobra on my left, leopard on my right!" -Jim Morrison

Comment

Old thread I know...
      but I just went to see pitch perfect and I noticed a unicycle in it multiple times which made my day.

For anyone who hasn't seen it, I fully recommend you do its so funny and nothing like Glee.
      Attached Files

Comment

This is a really cool thread as it combines two of my favorite subjects: unis and movies. Although the number of DVDs in my collection far out number my unis.
        I am One with One, one on top of One, riding as One
        ohmmmmmmmmmmm
        20 inch Torker CX
        29 inch Nimbus - street

Comment

Didn't feel like it merited a whole new thread. Found this while searching for old Lego ads in historic Sears Wishbooks:
          I'm different, yeah I'm different. I'm different, yeah I'm different. Pull up to the scene and my wheel is missing. Pull up to the scene and my wheel is missing.

Comment

That's pretty interesting.
            Has anyone reading this ever used poles as a learning aid, or heard of them being used?
            "I'm a unicyclist. I make my own reality."

Comment

I've heard of someone using ski poles to learn, but don't remember who...
              "I used to watch Highway Patrol whittlin' with my knife..." - NY

Comment

vintage unicycle seat on sale on e-bay!

That seat pictured in jbtilley's post of the Sear's catalog "Deluxe 20 in. unicycle" is on e-bay right now! Blue sparkle plastic!

Comment

Seems like a read somewhere, perhaps in a how to book, that using poles to learn to balance was dangerous. Which seems like it might be true. Think about what might happen if your face hit one of the poles as you fell sideways or forward.

Comment

Originally posted by jbtilley View Post
                    Found this while searching for old Lego ads in historic Sears Wishbooks:
                    I have examples of both that 24" and the 16" in my garage. Wow, $16.99 for the 16"! Mine is a slight variation, but it appears to be the Troxel I originally learned on. Many people from my generation believe unicycles to be impossible because they tried to learn on those. Terrible.
                    Originally posted by LanceB View Post
                    Has anyone reading this ever used poles as a learning aid, or heard of them being used?
                    I never used them but they were out there. Generally they were too short, especially if you raised your seat up to a proper height (if the cycle allowed for that). The main danger was a sudden fall on one, where you could impale yourself or poke an eye out. Secondarily, learning to ride by holding onto something in front of you results in bad riding posture; something you would later have to unlearn.
                    John Foss
                    www.unicycling.com

"Who is going to argue with a mom who can ride a unicycle?" -- Forums member "HiMo"

Comment

The deluxe 20 uni from Sears in the picture above is what I got for christmas when I was 12 and learned to ride on

Comment

Originally posted by Daytripper63 View Post
                        The deluxe 20 uni from Sears in the picture above is what I got for christmas when I was 12 and learned to ride on
                        Did it come with the poles?
                        My youtube channel:CANMOREUNIPRODUCTIONS

Visit municycle.ca for all your unicycle needs

Comment

A cameo appearance by a unicyle...

Not for the faint at heart....
                          The coroner determined that the murder weapon was a Nimbus 24".

http://youtu.be/xsChFrswxOI
                          It's turtles all the way down.

Comment

Some more:

Monsters Inc., 1:20h, cf. here

Horton Hears a Who!, several occurances, cf. here

The Big Store, from 75:20min
                            Wolfgang

Comment

Does this count - the game is called "Joe Danger - The Movie"?
                              Connor "WheelieDaft" Caple - Charity Unicyclist

PendleSide Hospice charitable donations page: http://www.justgiving.com/WheelieDaft

Comment

not a movie, but today during the NCAA Tostitos Bowl game, the Kansas State University commercial featured a kid on what looked to be a Kris Holm 20"

Comment

Working...
                                X