Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by austing View Post
    today i made a 71 centimetre sidehop on my 24" white russian
    Nice job! It's really cool that you can sidehop that high on a 24"!
    Last edited by unihopper; 2011-05-12, 12:31 AM.
    My Website: www.Unitips.ca for trick tips and gear advice!

Visit Municycle.ca Canada's online unicycle source!

Check out the Municycle.ca Blog for news, tutorials and more!

Comment

Originally posted by Juni View Post
      Thank's for the advice, i'll give it a go....Just a quick Q though, should i be moving or static when i try it?
      Rolling.
      I would first learn to walk a bit then the transition. Start along a railing, put your feet up there and start walking. Grab the rail if you have to. When you can walk for a ways w/ little or no touching the rail on either side (I'd go the full length of the longest I could find up to 100 ft), start at your support then walk away. When you can do that consistently for 20+ ft work on the transition.

As far as I can tell everyone transitions from 1 foot riding (even if it's really quick ie as soon as a foot passes 6 o-clock, put it on the tire while the front foot continues to push down then move it behind the first foot that went on the tire.

To get back to the pedals you have to look down a bit or use your perrifferal vision to see when the pedal comes around. Put your dominant foot on the front pedal leaving the other foot on the tire a bit until the other pedal comes around.

Some find it easier on a 24 and some on a 20.

Now that think about it Someone made a tutorial vid of it a while ago. Lets see if I can find it.

Not the one I was thinking of, but this one is good.
      [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ob0SL3PA6cw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ob0SL3PA6cw[/ame]
      Last edited by skilewis74; 2011-05-12, 12:59 AM.
      Ride everywhere and never just ride anywhere. If you can ride where you are going within a hour, do it, and if you can do a trick 50-75% of the time do it along the way.- Bob Burnquist

What's next?
      Learn2Ride&doTricks
      TrialsClasses&Building

Comment

Today, I landed a trick.
        Québec's Unicycling Community : Monotréal

Comment

I learned wheel walk from a static mount with my pedal at 6oclock. But it then took me a while to learn how to transition into it from riding (you must ride slowly as you transition to the tire)

And on that note, I finally landed the whole wheel walk today! I rode, moved into ww, then moved back to the pedals! It doesn't sound very exciting, but I had been having trouble with the transitions.

Comment

It's not much, but my coker arrived today, and I rode a little over a mile. I also came very close to free mountiong it several times
            "Why'd you put your beer down for this photograph?"
            -maestro8

"I will irradiate my gonads in the name of unicycle science."
            -GizmoDuck

Comment

today i practised WW
              Roses are red, violets are blue, may I procreate with you so I can ride a g32!! - Alan hogan

Comment

Originally posted by Hugo_Duguay View Post
                Today, I landed a trick.
                I like the sound of that
                Passionate flatland unicyclist from Pennsylvania in the US.

Comment

Originally posted by MJS View Post
                  It's not much, but my coker arrived today, and I rode a little over a mile. I also came very close to free mountiong it several times
                  Well done MJS!!

Is it your first 36er or have you upgraded??
                  Quote Uni57: Unicyclists are the nicest people! Both on and off the Internet.

Comment

Landed my first 180 unispin in geometry
                    Roses are red, violets are blue, may I procreate with you so I can ride a g32!! - Alan hogan

Comment

Well done MJS!!

Is it your first 36er or have you upgraded??
                      Its my first, and Im loving every second of it.

Also, while im already posting, today I got out to ride some more, and I can do a rolling mount with sucess about 80% of the time, so im feeling pretty good right now
                      -maestro8

-GizmoDuck

Comment

Its my first, and Im loving every second of it.

Also, while im already posting, today I got out to ride some more, and I can do a rolling mount with sucess about 80% of the time, so im feeling pretty good right now
                        Good going mate, i'll be catching up with ya soon

I very nearly managed what i think was a static mount a few times today....not sure of all the terminology but i had the left peddle a little way off the floor and leant on it and just jumped up into position.

What's the difference between static and rolling?

Comment

Originally posted by unicycledood View Post
                          In the middle of one, not sure when I'll be happy enough with it to release it though
                          And in the end, you uploaded it and it was awesome! Inspired me to go try to catch flips earlier, I started catching them at the end, need to work on them though.
                          Last edited by AdamV; 2011-05-12, 08:34 PM.

Comment

I like the sound of Hugo's post too...
                            I landed 360 unispin - rollingwrap
                            The most incomprehensible thing about the world is that it is all comprehensible.
                            The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious.
                            -AE

Comment

Good going mate, i'll be catching up with ya soon

I very nearly managed what i think was a static mount a few times today....not sure of all the terminology but i had the left peddle a little way off the floor and leant on it and just jumped up into position.

What's the difference between static and rolling?
                              Static is starting with no motion, rolling is walking or running with your wheel, and then jumping on too it when the pedals are in a nice position.

And, I just got back from a 3 and a half mile ride on my coker, not bad for recieving the thing less than 24 hours ago

Also Juni, would I be correct in assuming you just got your first 36er?
                              -maestro8

-GizmoDuck

Comment

Also Juni, would I be correct in assuming you just got your first 36er?
                                Correct and i couldn't be happier!

I haven't done any great distance yet because of work but i've booked tomorrow off to try and do some distance

Good job on the ride today anyway, great feeling aint it!

May try a rolling mount tomorrow, see if it's any easier...
                                Last edited by Juni; 2011-05-12, 10:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X