Today I (brag thread) V2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by waaalrus View Post
    You'll get it if you keep practicing. It takes me forever to learn new tricks. I've been working on rolling wraps for over a year and I'm still not close.
    lol im trying.
    once i can consistently do 2-3 revs i think ill be good but for now its really hard to just fall before one full rev almost every time =/

Comment

• Originally posted by Matti M View Post
      i just landed 2 backside 720s
      Whaat! Ö Is that even possible !!!
      ~An)-On
      Danish Trial Team

I ride one wheel cus it's way more sustainable than riding two!

Comment

• New longjump records!
        19" with 137S: 305cm
        24" with 125S: 335cm

My old were 245 and 300
        ~An)-On
        Danish Trial Team

Comment

• That's pretty big improvement. Are you getting stronger or is it better technique (or both I guess)?

Comment

• Originally posted by aarons View Post
            That's pretty big improvement. Are you getting stronger or is it better technique (or both I guess)?
            I think it is both.. It's also been a while since I tried last time. It was at the Danish Trials championships, where I got my old record. I realized today that I still had lots of speed (and still control) to put into the run up, so I'm now going much faster than I was before, which makes it much easier to do longer hops! Felt really good to find out!
            ~An)-On
            Danish Trial Team

Comment

• Oh so I was only off in my guess by 2m (in reference to your Youtube comment).

305 on a 19" is insane, especially with 137s (335 on a 24" is insane too, but you know that) ! How do you like the 125s on the 24" ? I was thinking about it, but was not too sure about the loss of control implied by the switch.

Anyways, congrats on your records, you are progressing so fast, and that's awesome !
              Québec's Unicycling Community : Monotréal

Comment

• Today I held my own in a unicycle jousting competition (I won 2 out of 4 matches), was on the winning team in a unicycle relay race, went on a short trail with a group of people for the first time which was absolutely exhilarating when the dense forest suddenly cleared into this huge open circle with a wooden bridge and blue sky, and I also started learning how to pass and juggle clubs (not on a unicycle).

Comment

• Today I adjusted the height and slope of the seat on my 29er. I sang praise to the unicycling gods for showing me the glory and comfort of adjusting my seat to have more of an upward pitch.

Comment

• Today I rode through a flood. Got my feet a bit wet from splashing, but the water level was just below them at the bottom (29er, 125 cranks, I make the pedal 25cm above the ground). Halfway through I did think that I had to be pretty confident I wasn't going to UPD! Wish I could have got a photo for "pictures of your latest ride".

BTW, for those not from the UK, supposedly we're in the middle of a drought, yet the river is the second highest I can remember it being in the summer months, having lived here for 20 years!
                    Last edited by aracer; 2012-05-02, 09:01 PM.
                    Unicycling: great for your thighs.

Comment

• Today i finally landed several 180 unispins after few days! Also improved high jump sif a bit but i haven't really been working on that much recently.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugo_Duguay View Post
                        How do you like the 125s on the 24" ? I was thinking about it, but was not too sure about the loss of control implied by the switch.
                        I think they are really good! You don't get the same control as you have with 137s, but you can ride MUCH faster, which helps me a lot, when doing long jumps and big street. !

New achievement: 6 stair on 19" did it in second try..
                        ~An)-On
                        Danish Trial Team

Comment

• today i rode and landed a 5 foot drop on muni
                          My youtube channel:CANMOREUNIPRODUCTIONS

Visit municycle.ca for all your unicycle needs

Comment

• Got some air over a speed bump. Have ridden over those bumps loads of times, but never occurred to me I might actually be able to get air from them until 5yo son started trying on his bike. Proud to point out I got more air than he did - then again I'm not sure I'd manage to get any air at all riding over them on a bike - something a uni is better at!

Now off to find other things to get air from - not something I've really tried much before, but now discovered I am actually good enough.
                            Unicycling: great for your thighs.

Comment

• Sickest ride in long time!

triple backflip, quadflip down 2 pallets and 3,5 flip on flat in same line!
                              ~An)-On
                              Danish Trial Team

Comment

• Not riding as much as I used to since I've been back into it this year (mainly because I am in my final two years of school and lots of work I have to do, part-time work and many other things that pop-up here and there). But...

Last week's 1 hour ride:

3 spins on wheel (should of learnt these ages ago)
                                450 down from wheel (and these too...)
                                Blind Fakie 180 Double Flip
                                On wheel: 180-180 to seat in back by complete accident

Today's 1 hour ride:

1-handed Doubles (learnt in 5-10 mins or so)
                                REAL Lateflips (I used to barely get any height and they weren't so late to be called late, also learnt in 5-10 mins)
                                Awesome feeling for triples (been losing and getting back triples for...almost two years now? Really hoping I can do them tomorrow, the next day and the next day etc...)
                                -Brandon Nankivell
                                www.unicycle.com.au
                                )--75cm Rolling Hop-'O, 2nd
                                #1 Street + Flatland (0-14s) UNICON XV 2009-2010
                                #1 Street + Trials (0-14s) at UniNats 2009
                                Latest Video

Comment

Working...
                                X