No announcement yet.

Post your Vintage Uni Pics & Videos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You could never let me near one of those. I'd try to ride it.

Join Unicyclemap.com!
    ----
    [ Karlsruhe/Germany - kamikaze@bsdforen.de ]
    ----
    onewheeldave: deep in my heart I feel that unicycling was born of heroes and atheletes, not clowns and entertainers

Comment

That is wicked!!

I wouldn't mind trying it myself
      Quote Uni57: Unicyclists are the nicest people! Both on and off the Internet.

Comment

Originally posted by Juni View Post
        Aha tandem isn't necessarily a swear word...
        ... you can't just post that pic, without posting a video of that thing being ridden!

Comment

Originally posted by bristlecone View Post
          ... you can't just post that pic, without posting a video of that thing being ridden!
          It's on the way

Comment

There ya go!

Not sure it'd ever really be ridable though

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQ85tupcdCI&feature=related"]YouTube - ‪Tandem Unicycle Practice‬‏[/ame]

Comment

what, no hopping with that thing?

Comment

Another find from 1967. Don't remember the brand uni I had at that time, with the whitewall tire and rubber pedals. Not sure if they were cottered cranks, but I'm pretty sure they were. Maybe Foss would know.

That's my sister's first car behind me; a Chevy Corvair.

Click image for larger version

Name:	mee67.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	2434586
                Happy Birthday Terry! Every year you get cooler, younger and unicyclier!
                Be our muniprohpet for many years more.
                -Dani Buron

Website
                Videos
                Facebook

Comment

Some more vintage pics. The first is apparently from 1961. I hope he didn't hop *off* those tables too many times with that uni! The rim and cranks were probably not strong enough for that!

If you look closely, you can see he had a custom handle made so he had something to hold onto. Looks like a rectangular metal handle that he may have had welded onto the seatpost, which, by the way, does not appear to have a clamp, like it's all one piece.

I also can't tell if there's an actual saddle above the handle! If not, that could result in a rather cheap and extra-painful way to get a vasectomy!

Name:	oldgap.jpg
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	2434587

Name:	klein uni.jpg
Size:	110.5 KB
ID:	2434588

Name:	boothuni.jpg
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	2434589

Name:	old1.jpg
Size:	145.1 KB
ID:	2434590
                  Last edited by MuniAddict; 2011-06-24, 01:11 AM.
                  -Dani Buron

Website
                  Videos
                  Facebook

Comment

Why is the black unicyclist falling over?...

Comment

Originally posted by Dane M View Post
                      Why is the black unicyclist falling over?...
                      I didn't notice he was the only african guy there! Also, it looks like everyone is laughing at him! That's crazy...
                      Jakob F.

Comment

Originally posted by jaco_flans View Post
                        I didn't notice he was the only african guy there! Also, it looks like everyone is laughing at him! That's crazy...
                        Who knows, he could have been related to them........

Comment

Originally posted by MuniAddict View Post
                          I thought I'd seen a lot of different unicycles in my time, but this one is definitely a first for me! If this is for real, and not just something more modern, made to look old, it must be one of the first unis. I can see Foss bidding on this now!

And THIS one is out of this world, haha! Don't think it would qualify as "vintage" though.

Lovin' those pedals!
                          [ATTACH]48463[/ATTACH]
                          I'm pretty sure that this is the one that John learned on back in 08 (1908 that is)
                          Always remember: With patience and perseverance you can piss a hole through a rock.

Comment

Originally posted by jaco_flans View Post
                            The black guy is the only one without a decorative wheel covering, and the only person playing an instrument appears to be the guy in the orchestra below, blowing an apparent "bad" and too-loud sour note on his horn. This possibly is what caused him to fall, and the orchestra members--especially the two people to the horn players' immediate left & right--seem to be reacting to his apparent sour note, not the black guy falling.
                            Last edited by MuniAddict; 2011-06-24, 06:22 PM.
                            -Dani Buron

Website
                            Videos
                            Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by MuniAddict View Post
                              the only person playing an instrument appears to be the guy in the orchestra below, blowing an apparent "bad" and too-loud sour note on his horn.
                              he's also holding it upside-down. there is so much going on in that image....
                              @unicyclephil
                              100 mile record attempt

Comment

These two are my favs. They're framed and hanging in my bathroom. I might have to add the banjo uw guy now. I'll pass on the Klein Family blacksploitation one, though.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by hell-on-wheel; 2011-07-20, 02:53 PM.
                                "...or the confluence of rare meteorological phenomena."
                                -George Peck

Comment

Working...
                                X