• Canoeheadted
    replied
    Maybe.

Leave a comment:

• pierrox
    replied
    Originally posted by Canoeheadted View Post
    ...even spambots can get you talking.
    You're saying that for John and Mikeful and others who dived right into a new newbie thread a day or so ago?

Leave a comment:

• johnfoss
    replied
    Originally posted by johnfoss View Post
    And everyone gets it!
    Except for the Detroit unicyclists. They might react by saying "What's a Volkswagen Polo?"

Okay, that's probably only funny to me, a guy who became a unicyclist in Michigan. Also a bit of a car nerd; I used to see one VW Polo, driving the same route at the same time every day in the early 80s, with manufacturers' license plates (also a Michigan thing). I think they were testing the car for the American market, but I don't think they ever introduced it here.

Originally posted by Setonix View Post
    In NL, Belgians are seen as dangers on the road, simply buying their driver's license instead of passing for them. I reckon every country will have such a scape-goat neighbouring country, like Sweden is to Denmark.
    In the US it's states. In my world, those were New Jersey and Florida. Both states that had notoriously easy road tests, on private land instead of in real-world traffic. Sorry, people from those states. It doesn't mean you didn't learn to be a good driver, just that you didn't have to prove it on your test.
    Originally posted by finnspin View Post
    I have more unicycle T-shirts than regular shirts.
    I have a lot of unicycle T-shirts. A way lot. Like really a lot. Big plastic bins full. For the major conventions I go to (USA and IUF) I always get the shirt, even though, as Finnspin says, many of them aren't that good looking. I accumulate extras, which I end up giving away at other conventions, or as prizes at Muni Weekends. Hopefully to people that will appreciate them. Some are more memorable than others, such as the Greg Harper "I'm too sexy" shirt, with the one-piece bathing suit.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Setonix
    replied
    Originally posted by finnspin View Post
    I have more unicycle T-shirts than regular shirts. On conventions, I usually don't get the T-shirt, unless it's a really outstanding design. Aside from EUC T-shirts, most of them really aren't that good looking.

I'm probably different than a lot of people on this forum, but I'm kinda over being "the unicycle guy". Unicycling has brought me to amazing places, taught me a lot, got me to know a lot of nice people and will continue to be a big part of what I do in my spare time. But I'd kinda like to not be known by everyone I meet as "the guy with the unicycle".
    I see what you mean and being the unicycle-guy is a bit like being the odd-one-out. At my office, they see me as the computer nerd, and frown upon my riding a unicycle. Outside of colleagues I don't have so many friends or a lot of contact with others, so I just ride alone on my uni in the forest, mostly in the more remote places where there aren't any forest strollers and only some mountain bikers. Being human shy and riding a unicycle are quite the opposites, but I can easily shut ppl out ^_^

Leave a comment:

• finnspin
    replied
    Ur a unicyclist when.... you buy 7 unicycle T-shirts, one for each day of the week. I bought 2 of the same a while back, so quite a few shy of a week
    I have more unicycle T-shirts than regular shirts. On conventions, I usually don't get the T-shirt, unless it's a really outstanding design. Aside from EUC T-shirts, most of them really aren't that good looking.

I'm probably different than a lot of people on this forum, but I'm kinda over being "the unicycle guy". Unicycling has brought me to amazing places, taught me a lot, got me to know a lot of nice people and will continue to be a big part of what I do in my spare time. But I'd kinda like to not be known by everyone I meet as "the guy with the unicycle".

Leave a comment:

• Canoeheadted
    replied
    ...even spambots can get you talking.

Leave a comment:

• Setonix
    replied
    Have another actually that I thought of this morning.
    Ur a unicyclist when.... you buy 7 unicycle T-shirts, one for each day of the week. I bought 2 of the same a while back, so quite a few shy of a week

Leave a comment:

• Setonix
    replied
    Originally posted by johnfoss View Post
    The text of this thread could have been more simply:
    You take a picture of this.

And share it.

And everyone gets it!
    It would have been more fun if the car had crashed into another car. Then it woulda been a real UPD. Especially since it's a Belgian car. In NL, Belgians are seen as dangers on the road, simply buying their driver's license instead of passing for them. I reckon every country will have such a scape-goat neighbouring country, like Sweden is to Denmark.

I think pictures can show more than words sometimes and point out how much of a uni-addicts we really are. For me I am just as hooked as I was when I started 3.5 years ago.

Leave a comment:

• johnfoss
    replied
    Last week I went to holiday to Paris and on the way back I saw this car riding in front of me.
    The text of this thread could have been more simply:
    You take a picture of this.

And share it.

And everyone gets it!

Leave a comment:

• MrImpossible
    replied
    There's a Unicoi state park here in Georgia, and every once in a while I'll see a t-shirt and be sure it's some unicycle convention souvenir. Unicon? No, that's not right...
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• zack28
    replied
    One UPD out of 282 attempts? Not bad

I hope having an off-topic association spotting this license plate doesn't make me a sex addict
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Setonix
    replied
    Last week I went to holiday to Paris and on the way back I saw this car riding in front of me.

Leave a comment:

• Setonix
    replied
    As I was skimming BBC news i came upon this header. Before it dawned on me they meant "university", I had already clicked the link:
    'Iím a sugar baby to pay my way through uni'

Such a disappointment.

Leave a comment:

• Setonix
    replied
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by c9ollie View Post
    you can unicycle while intoxicated!

Originally posted by aarons View Post
    Tried that once... Failed.
    I suppose it depends on how toxicated you are. I once had drunk half a bottle of red port and was definitely not allowed to drive anymore, so I went to the store by unicycle to get another bottle. I didn't only feel light headed when riding, but light all over.

Leave a comment:

• AzTinbender
    replied
    Originally posted by elpuebloUNIdo View Post
    ...when you wake up in the middle of the night, stumble towards the laundry basket and retrieve the 5mm hex tool you left in the pocket of your shorts.
    I actually just did that last night!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X