You know you're a unicyclist when...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• you know you're a unicyclist when...

you chat up complete strangers and offer them the use of your trainer uni in hopes that you can "create" a new riding partner.

I had such a great ride yesterday, left the trails smiling
    I dream of hamsters and elderberries

Comment

• You know you're a unicyclist when your reading unicycle forums instead of doing homework

Comment

• you know you're a unicyclist when...

you start carrying a unicycle in your car at all times just in case you can escape from whatever you were doing (other than unicycling) to go for a ride.

Comment

• Originally posted by OneWheelers View Post
          You know you're a unicyclist when your reading unicycle forums instead of doing homework
          So true so true...
          It's called a Muni ride, not a Muni walk ... If you're not tired at the end of a MUni ride, you're doing something wrong. - Tholub -

Unicycles: 19" Koxx One Black Domina II, 29" Nimbus Drak equipped with custom center-pull brake system

Comment

• You know you're a unicyclist when people give you a hard time for riding a bike, and not a uni.
            "Cobra on my left, leopard on my right!" -Jim Morrison

Comment

• you know your a unicyclist when your unicycle is worth more than you car
              Roses are red, violets are blue, may I procreate with you so I can ride a g32!! - Alan hogan

Comment

• ...you realize you never wear a watch anymore, because it interferes with your wrist guards -- even when you're traveling several states away from your uni's.
                My 29er is my little wheel. Roll it, baby!

pLs forgve anu typist imak win positing forum my fone.

Comment

• Originally posted by uniShark View Post
                  ...you realize you never wear a watch anymore, because it interferes with your wrist guards -- even when you're traveling several states away from your uni's.
                  That's the exact reason why I dont wear my watch anymore!
                  Jakob F.

Comment

• You take a unicycle on your honeymoon...

Comment

• Originally posted by TimTim View Post
                      You take a unicycle on your honeymoon...
                      That's so good!

Join Unicyclemap.com!
                      ----
                      [ Karlsruhe/Germany - kamikaze@bsdforen.de ]
                      ----
                      onewheeldave: deep in my heart I feel that unicycling was born of heroes and atheletes, not clowns and entertainers

Comment

• Originally posted by timtim View Post
                        you take a unicycle on your honeymoon...
                        winning
                        Roses are red, violets are blue, may I procreate with you so I can ride a g32!! - Alan hogan

Comment

• You eat your supper with two spokes because you don't have a fork or proper chop-sticks.
                          My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. - Jack Layton

Comment

• Originally posted by TimTim View Post
                            You take a unicycle on your honeymoon...
                            You know it's true love if you both take unicycles on your honeymoon.

Comment

• You know you're a unicyclist when...

...you are on a dating website, and your profile features pictures and benefits of unicycling. I said,"...if you've read this far, you may have looked at all the pictures and noticed the huge unicycle. If the fact that I like to ride unicycles embarrasses you, then we probably shouldn't get together!" It helped to weed-out the women that were only concerned about appearances and materialism (in my opinion).

Recently started dating an amazing girl that is intrigued by it (haven't started any lessons yet...)
                              www.rideforgary.com Fundraiser to help victims of paralysis. My brother Gary passed-away in May, 2011 from complications due to his paralysis.

Comment

• I think it’s time for another synopsis.

1-You give people on bicycles weird looks.
                                2- You own more than 1 unicycle.
                                3- You own 10 or more unicycles.
                                4- You see a clown at a circus, and wonder if he'd want to go on a ride.
                                5- When you're driving through a city, you're scanning for nice trials lines.
                                6- You think man this would be easier to balance on if only it had a single wheel.
                                7- You ride a unicycle while bringing out the garbage.
                                8- When you realize you spend so much time on your unicycle that you can’t ride a bike any more.
                                9- You instinctively go into "unicycle mode" while trying to ride your road bike with no hands causing you to crash embarrassingly.
                                10- Any one of your unicycles is worth more than your car.
                                11- You choose an apartment/flat solely on the basis of how close the trails are.
                                12- Your legs are tan only to mid-thigh.
                                13- Your arm tan stops sharply at the wrist.
                                14- You shins and calves are made up of scar tissue.
                                15- The first thing you ask when you regain consciousness is "How's my unicycle?”
                                16- You actually move farther from work so that the unicycle commute will be more heavy duty.
                                17- Your work colleagues think of unicycles as a mainstream form of transport.
                                18- You mentally log every meal as "good fuel" or "bad fuel"
                                19- You learn you have X money left after paying the bills and the first thing you do is log onto unicycle.com
                                20- Your car, computer, microwave, dishwasher and toilet cistern are all "powered by Unicycle.com"
                                21- You dream of winning the lottery, and the first thing you think of is how many/which unicycles.can that money buy?
                                22- You can tell your significant other with a straight face that it's too hot to mow the lawn then take off on an epic MUni ride.
                                23- You buy a car based on whether your Coker will fit in the back.
                                24- You pull up on your steering wheel when driving up a hill.
                                25- Your car is parked in the driveway because your unicycles are parked in the garage.
                                26- You know the distance of every point of interest within 20 miles of your house as well as the location of every pot-hole along the way.
                                27- You use a toothbrush to clean your unicycle.
                                28- It is an electric toothbrush.
                                29- You use a regular toothbrush, the electric toothbrush is for the unicycle.
                                30- You read this expecting it to be funny and then realize that it all applies to you.
                                31- When people at work start talking about unicycles too.
                                32- You’re driving home from work and every fence, concrete wall etc. becomes a skinny, and you think to yourself, “I can ride that.”
                                33- You base the purchase of your 'New House' on the unicycle trials potential.
                                34- The clown jokes come from passer byers.
                                35- You’re recognized locally With your unicycle
                                36- You're recognized locally WITHOUT your unicycle.
                                38- When you can't spend 100$ on a bike but 500$ on a unicycle.
                                39- When you are dreaming about unicycling every night.
                                40- When you can't put any unicycle in the shed in the backyard.
                                41- When you draw tiny unicycles everywhere in your school/job work.
                                42- When strangers ask you if you're castrated.
                                43- Where everything that is round makes you want to unicycle.
                                44- Your alarm clock resembles a unicycle.
                                45- Your only purpose in life is to unicycle.
                                46- When the walls inside your house have tire tracks on them
                                47- When you own so many unicycles that your spouse stops being surprised when you buy another one.
                                48- You know you are unicyclist when you see a bike tire and get excited because you thought it was a unicycle.
                                49- You spend months continually customizing one or more unicycles.
                                50- You get agitated after missing a day without unicycling.
                                51- You start a unicycle club.
                                51- your balls auto.retract once your but hits the seat.
                                52- you hear "all-wheel-drive vehicle" and assume unicycle.
                                53- when someone draws you as an "action hero"
                                54- when you think the word "Universe" is a passage in a poem about unicycling!
                                55- When you associate Bhutan with unicycling.
                                56- Every time you see 'moments' in physics you think of KH cranks
                                57-everytime you get on a bike you think it's really funny how it rides
                                58-when some unknown people ask you if you're the unicycle guy/girl!
                                59-you hop on a bike and start going as fast as you can to see if you adrenaline level will compare to that of your 36 er
                                60-You run around town with a 6 foot level and a yard stick measuring the percent grade of all the hills to decide which ones you can ride with your 36er.
                                61-you're sitting at a stoplight and someone honks at you from behind because you didnt notice the green light due to the fact you're staring at that awesome trials line next to you..
                                62- when you keep mumbling in church (or mosque) :" there is no other wheel than the ONE" ... (though you are a dyed-in-the-wool atheist).
                                63- when you just can't go into the wild without wondering "how could I Muni that path?" - when your dreams are full of unicycling tricks you are unable to perform in real life
                                64- when you just weight precisely every garment you put into your trunk because of weight retrictions for planes
                                65- when you come back to work after some vacations and everyone is surprised you don't have some body part cast in plaster (happens to me all the time)
                                66- when every MD that measures your heart rate says "what the heck is the sport you are practising? "
                                67-when you tell your grand-children that the most famous inhabitant of Baker street is one "Kris" Holm
                                68-when you look at moving and your first concern is being near enough to the edge of town to get onto the open road with minimum traffic lights and junctions in the way of the perfect 36" ride.
                                69-you are really happy to have good 36" trail close to your house, with no traffic lights
                                70-you have forgotten how to ride a skateboard or bike
                                -when banjo.com is a popular slogan on your belongings
                                71-people on your college campus are desensitized when you blast past them on a 36er in the snow
                                72-you are recognized without your unicycle
                                73-you can unicycle while intoxicated!
                                74-you can eat double-double meal at in n out or the yoshinoya combo bowl (with a shake) on the go
                                75- your told by bystanders to not txt and ride
                                your unicycle cost more than your vehicle does
                                76-you are losing weight so I can ride better.
                                77-you try to adjust the seat on a stationary bike to most closely mimic the feel/position of a unicycle.
                                78-you type the letters u,n,i,c,y,l, or e in the address bar and a unicycle site is always in the history of most visited.
                                your car is plastered with various unicycle number stickers
                                79-your shin says odyssey on it from a bad pedal bite
                                80-All your bank statements say Unicycle.com at least once
                                81-people ask you, "Oh my gosh, what happened to your shins?!"
                                82-you're sat at home looking at unicycle forums or videos and your muscles keep twitching back into positions they were in when you were unicycling earlier!
                                83-you spend more time actually *riding*, than you do online!
                                84-people stare at you and say "good job," and you don't know how to react because you forget that you're doing something incredible.
                                85-someone you've never met before knows your full name because they've heard about you
                                86-you spent hours at a time on Google Earth, trying to look for trails.
                                87-when people reconise you without your unicycle
                                88-when you own more unicycles than bikes
                                89-you get the name of 'unicycle man' from the local kids
                                90-when you have a unicycle in your car at all times
                                91-you don’t own a car because you ride your unicycle all the time
                                92-you understand what WYOT or UPD mean
                                93- your average posts per day are above 45
                                94-you spend more time on this site than you do on Facebook.
                                95-you spend so much time riding and on this site you don’t know what Facebook is.
                                96-when you ask if you can unicycle instead of run or walk everywhere
                                97-most of your unicycling is done where people can't see, but somehow random people still identify you as the Unicycle guy....
                                98-your workplace assumes you'll be unicycling when you ask for a day off.
                                99-when tell people unicycling is better than sex, because you can do it whenever you want, you can do it outdoors, and you can do it by yourself. Well I suppose both can be done outdoors
                                100-you sell your bike to buy a unicycle
                                101- Where you instinctively take your hands off the handlebars when riding...
                                102- you go downhill mountain biking and go "this would be sooo much easier with one wheel..."
                                103-The city bus drivers recognize you by your unicycle
                                the people you hang out and work with sport Unicycle wristbands or stickers even though they dont even ride.
                                104-you wake up, at 3 AM, from a dream about unicycling, and you realize there is no way you are going back to sleep . So you get up and go out for a ride.
                                105-you kick random trashcans because you curious just how stable they are...
                                106-You've got a bloody shin and a swollen ankle, because you took out your trial without shin guards, even though you'd promised yourself you'd never do this again.
                                107-If your legs and knees are held together with screws, metal plates, and assorted hardware
                                108-.you ask your uni friends if they want to go MUNIing on a bike.
                                109-The "Unigeezer" is your role model
                                110-you chat up complete strangers and offer them the use of your trainer uni in hopes that you can "create" a new riding partner.
                                111-your reading unicycle forums instead of doing homework
                                112-you start carrying a unicycle in your car at all times just in case you can escape from whatever you were doing (other than unicycling) to go for a ride.
                                113-You know you're a unicyclist when people give you a hard time for riding a bike, and not a uni.
                                114-you realize you never wear a watch anymore, because it interferes with your wrist guards, even when you're traveling several states away from your uni's.
                                115-You eat your supper with two spokes because you don't have a fork or proper chop-sticks.
                                116-You take a unicycle on your honeymoon...
                                117-You know it's true love if you both take unicycles on your honeymoon.
                                118-you are on a dating website, and your profile features pictures and benefits of unicycling. I said,"...if you've read this far, you may have looked at all the pictures and noticed the huge unicycle. If the fact that I like to ride unicycles embarrasses you, then we probably shouldn't get together!"

119-You know you're a STREET unicyclist when…you count all the stairs in the street
                                Ride everywhere and never just ride anywhere. If you can ride where you are going within a hour, do it, and if you can do a trick 50-75% of the time do it along the way.- Bob Burnquist

What's next?
                                Learn2Ride&doTricks
                                TrialsClasses&Building

Comment

Working...
                                X