Clear All

• Trials,street,flatland,and freestyle set up

How high do you put your seat and what pedals to use for
    1. Trials
    2. Street
    3. Flatland
    4. Freestyle
    Any help is wanted.
    Roses are red, violets are blue, may I procreate with you so I can ride a g32!! - Alan hogan

I think the general consensus is:
    1. Trials - medium
    2. Street - lower
    3. Flatland - same as street
    4. Freestyle - very high.
    Trip down south 2011 - Alister Burt & Simon Berry
    107cm sidehop

Comment

I hate seeing topics like this. I normally ignore them but decided to reply to this one.

Its completely up to you how high you run your seat or what pedals you use or what colour your rimtape is or if you wear your underwear back-to-front.

Honestly, just experiment and see what you like, as opposed to blindly following advice you've got from an internet forum.
      People will probaby tell you to run a highish seat and grippy pedals for trials. I run a lowish seat and the cheapest plastic pedals. Completely different to what most people will say, but it works fine for me.
      Have people lost the ability to think for themselves?

Rant well and truly over!
      www.stfulondon.co.uk

I guess it's just a good thing you didn't include the footage of us snorting cocaine from the thighs of prostitutes eh Edd. - Boogie

Comment

I ride...
        1. Trials - High
        2. Street - High
        3. Flatland - High
        4. Freestyle - very high.

Higher is comfier IMO.
        Last edited by jaco_flans; 2010-12-21, 03:56 PM.
        Jakob F.

Comment

My preference is...

1. Trials - medium
          2. Street - same as trials
          3. Flatland - very high
          4. Freestyle - same as flat

I agree with jaco flans - I think a higher seat is more comfortable for riding. But for trials and street I need some room to bend my knees in order to absorb shock, so the seat has to be a little lower.
          Last edited by RightWayTrey; 2010-12-22, 03:29 AM.

Comment

It also depends on your point of view:

1. Trials - really low
            2. Street - really low
            3. Flatland - pretty low
            4. Freestyle - normal height
            John Foss
            www.unicycling.com

"Who is going to argue with a mom who can ride a unicycle?" -- Forums member "HiMo"

Comment

Originally posted by RightWayTrey View Post
              I agree with jaco flans - I think a higher seat is more comfortable for riding. But for trials and street I need some room to bend my knees in order to absorb shock, so the seat has to be a little lower.
              For Trials, it always depends on if you're more a SIF rider or SI. I agree that if you ride most of the time SI it will be better with a low seat to absorb shocks but also for higher hops, but in SIF, it is way more comfier to hold with high seat than low because if it's too low it hutrs your back. I also fond that you have more control of the Uni if it's not too low.
              Jakob F.

Comment

i have a very thick seat right now so i have been running it a bit lower than usual
                Roses are red, violets are blue, may I procreate with you so I can ride a g32!! - Alan hogan

Comment

These topics are fine, just helps some people make a more informed decision.

Generally, a higher seat is preferable for seat-out riding in trials and lower if you're predominantly riding seat-in.

But yeah, most importantly just play with the heights and experiment in small increments to see what suits you best.

Comment

i didnt want to start a new thread for this question. How should i run my seat on the seat post?

Comment

depends what your preference is i know people who have it on a higher angle, because thats what they prefer. me, personally, i have it in the middle between as low and as high as it can go just experiment and finds what feels comfortable
                      Male Expert Junior Trials - 1st :: Uninats 2010
                      Member of SA'll Good You mad coz I be stylin'?
                      Need a new tyre??

"Its not because things are difficult that we don't dare; it's because we don't dare that things are difficult."

Comment

Originally posted by Eddbmxdude View Post
                        Have people lost the ability to think for themselves?
                        Thanks for speaking your mind, Edd, I have the exact same feelings.

I can see merit to posting questions when the answers have some significant consequences... such as if someone is at risk of damaging their equipment or hurting themselves.

In this case, THERE'S NOTHING TO LOSE by just fiddling around with your unicycle and riding on your own. How does the OP think unicyclists ever managed to ride before the Internet?

If anything, you're going to learn a lot more by trying things for yourself, then by blindly following the advice of random strangers who have no idea who you are or what you're trying to do. Everyone's got different bodies, different unicycles, different riding styles, different experiences... there's absolutely no guarantee that anyone's advice will work for you!

The only thing you learn by posting endless questions is how to rely on others. This won't bode well when you become an adult and realize you don't know how to do anything on your own.
                        "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." - Bertrand Russell

Comment

my golden rule is:
                          if I'm on it, my feet have to be able to touch the ground..
                          Sponsored by Municycle.com And IMPACT UNICYCLES!!

Last street vid
                          :
                          summer street 2010

last trial/street vid: Tim Desmet- end of 2010 unicycling!

Impact vid: http://vimeo.com/34332607

Comment

Originally posted by knoxuni View Post
                            i didnt want to start a new thread for this question. How should i run my seat on the seat post?
                            With the seat bolted to the top.
                            My YouTube channel

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.

Comment

haha ryan,
                              I found that once i lowered my seat a little I could pull up more efficiently with SIF sidehops, which meant i got 107cm today
                              but maybe thats me
                              Trip down south 2011 - Alister Burt & Simon Berry
                              107cm sidehop

Comment

Working...
                              X