"Where's your other wheel?" Question Solved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Where's your other wheel?" Question Solved

I commute to work by unicycle 2 or 3 times a week, so I figure the frequency of the question deserves a response. As suggested by my brother, I now keep a small wheel in my pocket. When ever asked "Where's your other wheel" or "you lost a wheel" etc., I pull out the 'spare'.

It's an old rubber caster wheel, if I find a wheel that lighter (and free), possibly a roller blade wheel or something similiar, all upgrade to that.

It's a friendly route, so hopefully the response will add a bit more to the day.

i say that i left it at your moms house
    "I'm probably not advanced enough to have thoroughly tested it while riding, but I'm unadvanced enough to have very thoroughly tested it while falling." -uniShark

I ride for Christ-opher Walken

Comment

Come on unireed.
      Dr D, you don't have to put up with that!

--> Grease for your Schlumpf hub (free shipping!) <--

Comment

to be honest i usually say i dont need it
        "I'm probably not advanced enough to have thoroughly tested it while riding, but I'm unadvanced enough to have very thoroughly tested it while falling." -uniShark

I ride for Christ-opher Walken

Comment

"It's you who use too many wheels", well I'm not sure it that would be the right way to say it in English but the idea is that it's not that we lack a wheel, 2 wheels are just too many...

Comment

Eeee. That's the kind of thing I would do if I got asked that enough.

SO. I will go find a tiny wheel, and carry it around 24/7, so even if I get asked at ANY time, they will know I have the second wheel.

Comment

Daniorama: that's what I'm telling all the time when I see tourists using 4 wheeler bike rikshas in Cracow. Or something like "so many wheels! How can you control that"
              But it is also applicable for two wheelers

Maybe I should get a nice 20" uni and carry it around on my back when riding my 29er. Then there would be no problem with the reply ;P
              http://vooni.kkdt.org My unicycling adventures including RomUni ride.

Comment

Originally posted by vookash View Post
                Daniorama:

Maybe I should get a nice 20" uni and carry it around on my back when riding my 29er. Then there would be no problem with the reply ;P
                That is an amusing thought. It would probably just cause open jaws.

Comment

I just say, "It's the economy!" Always gets a laugh!
                  munisano

Comment

i usual say is why over do it
                    Roses are red, violets are blue, may I procreate with you so I can ride a g32!! - Alan hogan

Comment

Originally posted by vookash View Post
                      Daniorama: that's what I'm telling all the time when I see tourists using 4 wheeler bike rikshas in Cracow. Or something like "so many wheels! How can you control that"
                      But it is also applicable for two wheelers

Someone asked me where was my other wheel once, I hd my Trials uni on my back so I had the good answer. Or sometimes when I ride with friends we're not always at the same speed so if they ask me this I just point my friend
                      Jakob F.

Comment

i always say i'm searching for it right now... usually people just laugh but the other day someone responded to it and said "oh, do you need a ride?"

then i just went back to the usual..ignoring..sorry, can't hear ya..got headphones on...lol
                        Best of Me

18:21 Stillstand
                        255 foot railride

Comment

Its in the Wash today!!

or on a rainy day: Its at home staying DRY!!
                          Life can be Short so go ride Muni!

Comment

I usually say that I can already ride without supporting wheel.
                            Marcus | youtube | municycle.com
                            I ride for fun

Comment

For what purpose? Real men don't need two wheels.
                              Happy cows come from California. Then at one point, PETA got into the mix and claimed that California cows were not happy. Of course, being the animal experts PETA aren't, they were unable to quantify any method of detecting cow happiness. - JF

Comment

Working...
                              X