Insane in Spain -- check out this high-exposure path

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insane in Spain -- check out this high-exposure path

Maybe Turtle's next adventure? The beginning looks easy (to some of you, not me) but keep watching...
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmDhRvvs5Xw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmDhRvvs5Xw[/ame]

Wow, that is intense! It looks like a great place to practice riding skinnies, at least for more advanced unicyclists.

Where is the path? Why is there a path there?

Scott

Comment

practise? i'd hope you were already proficient if you were attempting to ride some of that!
      Trip down south 2011 - Alister Burt & Simon Berry
      107cm sidehop

Comment

Originally posted by munimutant View Post
        Maybe Turtle's next adventure?
        probalbly not, i'm scared only watching it!!

..but i'd like to try at least some parts of it
        If everything's under control, you're going too slow

I trust in those:

Triton

Mountainuni Brake System

Schlumpf

Comment

Isn't that where they filmed Von Ryan's Express?
          I remember seeing a video of some mountain b*kers riding flatter sections of it years ago.

There's no way you'd get me up there.

Comment

Oh whoh just imagining that.. would truly be a once in a lifetime ride.

If both me and my uni were attached to that cable running along the side, and the cable could definitely keep us safe you couldn't stop me trying :P

Comment

All the fun stuff is in other countries. Can you imagine the US letting people tour something like this? I would walk it with a rope/harness. Ride it? NO!

It looks like a great place for a school field trip. Get my 100+ sixth graders off the bus and tell them to go nuts. The bus ride home would be much quieter. Okay I'm kidding. Really, I am mostly just kidding.

Comment

I've just checked it and the path is closed for the tourists after some fatal accidents.
                They plan to reconstruct it and reopen, but it will take time.

And it was built as an access to the dam while building it somewhere at the beginning of XX century.
                http://vooni.kkdt.org My unicycling adventures including RomUni ride.

Comment

I wouldn't even walk on that! It doesn't look safe at all! There are holes in the path!
                  Last edited by jaco_flans; 2010-06-20, 07:34 PM.
                  Jakob F.

Comment

WOW that would be really cool to walk but not ride.... Just to see all the old artefact and all.
                    You know your not succeding when you know your not achiving anything

Comment

I'd ride it
                      The mountainsí my playground, a place to unwind
                      Where negative thoughts are left far behind - Terry Peterson

"I'll be racing the clouds home"

Comment

Originally posted by scott ttocs View Post
                        Where is the path? Why is there a path there?
                        I figured it had something to do with that big pipe or other construction projects. Definitely I don't imagine it was intended for tourists, though that depends how old it is. Anyone know how old?

They definitely don't make cliff-hugging catwalks/walkways like they used to! That guy filming sure was gutsy...and confident! You get a great sense of vertigo even watching it in a tiny YouTube window! Well done!

All those holes in the walkway. Why is the guy so trusting of the rest of it?

Originally posted by mbalmer View Post
                        All the fun stuff is in other countries.
                        Fun means risking death to get to the other end? There's plenty of great, fun stuff even in this part of this state. C'mon up to Auburn and I'll show you a great trail with lots of "don't look down" areas to the side. I just got back from riding it with Tom Holub (Confluence Trail, Auburn).
                        John Foss
                        www.unicycling.com

"Who is going to argue with a mom who can ride a unicycle?" -- Forums member "HiMo"

Comment

I've seen part of this path when travelling by train between Malaga and Seville. Its a really interesting area, and a great train ride.

Comment

Here's a link to it; Caminito_del_Rey

Comment

Originally posted by johnfoss View Post
                              There's plenty of great, fun stuff even in this part of this state. C'mon up to Auburn and I'll show you a great trail with lots of "don't look down" areas to the side. I just got back from riding it with Tom Holub (Confluence Trail, Auburn).
                              Another one that comes to mind is the cables up Half Dome. Not nearly as dicey as the Camino del Rey deal. but some people get in way over their head and freak out. Last time I did it with my son, there was a person up front who kept stopping for long periods, forcing a lot of people to have to wait in places where there were no footholds. People were crying, frozen in fear, it was a mess.
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	half-dome-cables-500w.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	99.3 KB
ID:	2428932

Comment

Working...
                              X