No announcement yet.

Insane in Spain -- check out this high-exposure path

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eek - insane is the right word! I'm not good with cliffs and edges anyway, but most of that stuff looked ready to cave in at any moment. Nutter! Makes for a cool film though - as long as somebody else does it.

Rob
    "Hedgehogs - why can't they just share the hedge?" (Dan Antopolski)

"I would absolutely recommend a 29er to anyone who didn't prefer a larger or small wheel." (Mikefule)

Comment

Originally posted by vookash View Post
      I've just checked it and the path is closed for the tourists after some fatal accidents.
      Just wait for the Daily Mail headline "another example of Health & Safety gone mad". Sorry to OUK readers.

Just watching that scared me. I'd had to battle with my fear of heights to enjoy off piste skiing but that's way to scary to even walk.
      you can ride a unicycle, I remember when that used to be enough - Tobbogonist

Comment

Wow.

Comment

You guys have to watch the new video of El Camino del Rey... the first section is pretty killer. Guys, watch in HD and fullscreen, this one is ever crazier -_-". That guys is crazy. The guys even crosses someone barefoot at one point.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1Nd1qtk1Go"]YouTube- El Camino del Rey 2010 HD: Balance[/ame]
          Last edited by emile; 2010-06-22, 01:03 PM.

Comment

the path looks insain is anyone actually up for a trip out there,i would be?.

Comment

just think about the workers who created that path and operated under those conditions!
              My father started in life as a miner on a cliff at the summit of a peak in the Pyrénées. In winter the only way to get out was by sliding on a long cable that went back to the valley. When I visited that later I could not believe my eyes! The spaniards at the other side of the cliff were not better off.... now fantastic mines are found only in the tropics
              a picture of the mine of "mailh de bulard" :
              Last edited by wobbling bear; 2010-06-22, 06:17 PM.
              One Wheel : bear necessity
              (Abuello RodoMancat)

Comment

Originally posted by wobbling bear View Post
                a picture of the mine of "mailh de bulard"
                Isn't that where Gimili's cousin used to work (Lord of the Rings)? I thought that was in New Zealand.
                John Foss
                www.unicycling.com

"Who is going to argue with a mom who can ride a unicycle?" -- Forums member "HiMo"

Comment

Originally posted by johnfoss View Post
                  Isn't that where Gimili's cousin used to work (Lord of the Rings)? I thought that was in New Zealand.
                  alas evolution has been at work for a time not long enough to select dwarfs as the best option for our body configuration
                  back to the topic: fear of height could be acquired! when I was younger I thought I was immune but progressively I lost that and now I don't dare to ride down a path with too much height for a fall. (probably inner ear problem while getting older).
                  One Wheel : bear necessity
                  (Abuello RodoMancat)

Comment

I think it needs new carpet in one or two places.
                    The dress in which I unicycled was not THAT short, but in retrospect, I think that maybe the blue one would have been more appropriate to the terrain.

Comment

Originally posted by jammy-sammy View Post
                      the path looks insain is anyone actually up for a trip out there,i would be?.
                      I've done some biking and MUni in the area and there is loads of good riding. We went to the Camino del Rey path but only a little way along until it got a bit too dodgy.
                      Severn Wheelers. Bristol's best (and only) unicycle hockey club
                      Wednesdays, 8:30. All welcome

Comment

Re: The Von Ryan's Express movie, you can see the start if the walkway in the trailer at the 2.26 mark and a little more at the 2.54 mark. They also did quite a bit of filming in the railway tunnels.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-zqZdHlIck"]Von Ryan's Express - Trailer[/ame]

Comment

Working...
                        X