Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Casting a TV Commercial in Los Angeles looking for Unicyclists

Hi there.

My name is Kellyanne and I am casting a TV commercial in Los Angeles for Cisco. This is a non-union paying gig.

I am looking for unicyclists, specifically girls 7-15 years old who can unicycle.

If you or someone you know fits that spec, please contact me via email or phone. Auditions will be held Wed 3/30/10 in Los Angeles. This is a timely matter.

My email is:
    kellyanneoc@hotmail.com
    323-692-1800 ext 121

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best,
    Kellyanne
    Casting Associate
    {Skirts}
    323-692-1800 ext 121
    kellyanneoc@hotmail.com

Ages 7-15--so close! I guess being 50 disqualifies me.

Comment

In addition....

We are willing to see young boys who unicycle as well, age 7-15 years old.

Comment

haha, yes, 50 is a bit out of my age range spec, but if it changes, you are the first I will contact

Comment

Do you want someone who can ride a unicycle forward, or someone who can do tricks with it (e.g. ride backwards, wheel walk, ride one-footed, do unispins, jump up and down stairs)? A lot of people can ride forward. If you want a higher skill level you may want to suggest what type of skills would be useful.

Scott

(Yes I am too old and not the correct gender.)

Comment

Originally posted by kellyanneoc View Post
            We are willing to see young boys who unicycle as well, age 7-15 years old.
            Hi Kellyann. (Terry here) It was nice talking with you, and Adam should be contacting you shortly.
            Last edited by MuniAddict; 2010-03-30, 07:46 PM.
            Happy Birthday Terry! Every year you get cooler, younger and unicyclier!
            Be our muniprohpet for many years more.
            -Dani Buron

Website
            Videos
            Facebook

Comment

what do they need to be able to do?

No real big tricks, they will just have to zig zag across the floor

Comment

I'm 17 and live close by. I don't know if that's too far out of your age range, and I'm a guy. I also know a 15 year-old who can ride, but he's 6' 8" so he doesn't look 15.

Wow, auditions were today?
                Last edited by crazyjoe; 2010-03-31, 05:09 AM.

Comment

I also don't fit your description, but I emailed you anyway

Comment

Usually in these types of audition, it's all about how the rider looks, and almost nothing to do with riding abilities/skills. If you look like you're in the age range, you're probably good to audition. If you don't, they might invite you down (it's not their time being wasted) but they probably won't use you.

The "choice" jobs for unicyclists are the ones where they want top unicyclists, not somebody who looks a certain way. Not that these necessarily pay better. Sometimes the straight "character actor on a unicycle" jobs can pay very well.

Often the information available about an audition from an agent is sketchy at best. I stopped going to them when I lived in NY because I would always kill a day from work to find out I wasn't remotely what they were looking for.
                    John Foss
                    www.unicycling.com

"Who is going to argue with a mom who can ride a unicycle?" -- Forums member "HiMo"

Comment

Originally posted by johnfoss View Post
                      I wasn't remotely what they were looking for.
                      Sorry about that John. Sadly, some times looks are important.
                      You cannot teach a man anything, you can only help him find it within himself....

Comment

Working...
                      X