What Camcorder do you use? that is under $300

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Camcorder do you use? that is under $300

So I have had numerous cameras and one camcorder (Flip mino HD) and it is really high quality but long story short it broke and it is DEFINITELY not worth fixing or buying a new one. So if you could tell me what you use that is relatively inexpensive that would be awesome because I'm in the midst of making a video!
    My latest video: Unicycle Trials - Aidan Teleki

I have two, but the one I have that's under $300, is the sony w290. It's a small point & shoot that also shoots in High definition wide screen 1280x720 30fps.
    Happy Birthday Terry! Every year you get cooler, younger and unicyclier!
    Be our muniprohpet for many years more.
    -Dani Buron

Website
    Videos
    Facebook

Comment

Thanks but those are cameras and I'm looking for a camcorder

Comment

Originally posted by aidanteleki View Post
        Thanks but those are cameras and I'm looking for a camcorder
        Yeah, but it records like a camcorder, and shoots VIDEO in HD! I just like it since it's so small, light and easy to transport.
        Last edited by MuniAddict; 2010-03-29, 11:25 PM.
        -Dani Buron

Website
        Videos
        Facebook

Comment

I have a Jazz HDV178... It can film in HD, but the only way to edit it is to use the program that came with the camera, and when you use that the quality gets just like Shit!
          No edited clip: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMSMhwZWvKY"]YouTube- 98cm sidehop! part1...[/ame]
          Edited clip: [ame="http://www.vimeo.com/10075791"]BC wheel slalom! on Vimeo[/ame]

That's the only reason I dont like it
          Jakob F.

Comment

you cant get anything thats good quality for under $300. you should save up till you get about $600 and then get one.itll be worth the wait.

you stated your half way through filming a video,you can wait until you get a new camera and not rush into it,by the time you got a new camera youll be heaps better at riding and most likely not use the current clips you have filmed.

Comment

jaco-i think you need to change the render settings to get a good quality edited video.

Comment

Originally posted by filotr14lsdude View Post
                jaco-i think you need to change the render settings to get a good quality edited video.
                I can I do that? Because if only I could use WMM it would already be better. But I have to use the crappy editor to use my clips.
                Jakob F.

Comment

I have the Sony CX100, I got it on eBay, brand new, for $400. I think its great, its got FULL HD 60fps, super slow mo 240fps, touchscreen, and its really easy to use. If you can, I'd recommend getting that.

Only problem is unless you have good editing software, then you can only edit with the camera's software. I use Vegas Pro, and it works fine
                  Connor Hale.

unicycle.com

Comment

All the HD widescreen shots in this video were made with my sony w290. Records in standard MP4.
                    -Dani Buron

Website
                    Videos
                    Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by jaco_flans View Post
                      I can I do that? Because if only I could use WMM it would already be better. But I have to use the crappy editor to use my clips.
                      have you tried a different editor? i recommend vegas movie studio 9.its a great programe.
                      when i got my canon HD camera it came with a crap editor that was similar to what yours has done and it was hard to use,so i got a different programe and its fantastic how well it works.

Comment

have you tried a different editor? i recommend vegas movie studio 9.its a great programe.
                        when i got my canon HD camera it came with a crap editor that was similar to what yours has done and it was hard to use,so i got a different programe and its fantastic how well it works.
                        My friend tried a clip from my camera with Sony Vegas(Pro I think) and the clip just didn't worked, I can't put it on WMM without saving it in the crapy editior that ruins all the quality, WMM just closes if I try to put it on WMM.
                        Jakob F.

Comment

that sound quite gay

Comment

you cant get anything thats good quality for under $300. you should save up till you get about $600 and then get one.itll be worth the wait.

you stated your half way through filming a video,you can wait until you get a new camera and not rush into it,by the time you got a new camera youll be heaps better at riding and most likely not use the current clips you have filmed.
                            Pocket size Camcorders are pretty good in terms of quality!

Comment

Gilby, could you please set up a "which video camera to buy" forum, for the recurring threads of this nature?

When the main purpose is video, a dedicated video camera is usually going to do a better job. Especially on sound, but also in a larger zoom range and a few other features. If your main need is stills, you can get some pretty good video capabilities in some point-and-shoots, but they might not be able to zoom while filming, will almost always have crappy sound if the wind is blowing the wrong way, etc.
                              John Foss
                              www.unicycling.com

"Who is going to argue with a mom who can ride a unicycle?" -- Forums member "HiMo"

Comment

Working...
                              X