Post Your 36er Here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TMason View Post
    Those crazy b&ke riders commonly place the tire label at the value stem location for quick identification where the valve stem is located. But then you get into minimum length of socks. etc.... :-)
    Unicycling is the fountain of youth.

Comment

• Originally posted by makym View Post
      Can I take 29er tubes from rubber, or it must be butyl? What width of this tube will be OK?

I forget on HS33, (still have it somewhere with broken lever). With this big rim the braking power might be satisfactory. I was not using magura for a long time so my braking finger is not so strong now
      However I am not certain to the braking power. Has somebody compared magura vs disc brake on G36er already? If I have to test it on myself then I need rim with braking surface.
      Butyl is just a type of rubber typically used for innertubes. You would want something relatively wide and relatively thin. Avoid anything "heavy duty" or thornproof.

You can use the Magura brake with a painted sidewall but it will be quieter, smoother, and more consistent with a properly machined sidewall. You can sand the paint off the braking surface to improve the braking. Just take off the tire, jam a sanding block between the frame and rim and spin, switch to a finer paper and repeat, etc, etc. Works like a charm.

EDIT: on the subject of Magura VS Disk, I still have my Magura brakes, but have disks on the unicycles I use on a regular basis, including my geared 32.
      Last edited by saskatchewanian; 2017-12-18, 06:04 AM.
      My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. - Jack Layton

Comment

• Attached Files

Comment

• Nice. The new Oracles look really tidy .
          Unicycling is the fountain of youth.

Comment

• I bought the same unicycle and the first thing I did was get rid of the square tire. I put a coker tire on which has a more rounded profile, and that kept me from leaning when riding on the shoulder of the road. I also got rid of the nimbus seat and put a KH free ride seat, which I later changed to a coker seat, which I have found to be the least painful of the three seats. Everyone is different when it comes to best type of seat, but the coker tire made a huge difference. (My first 36 was a coker V2 which rides like a tank compared to the lighter nimbus, I am sort of partial toward coker products)

Comment

• Originally posted by dogpoundar View Post
              I bought the same unicycle and the first thing I did was get rid of the square tire. I put a coker tire on which has a more rounded profile, and that kept me from leaning when riding on the shoulder of the road. I also got rid of the nimbus seat and put a KH free ride seat, which I later changed to a coker seat, which I have found to be the least painful of the three seats. Everyone is different when it comes to best type of seat, but the coker tire made a huge difference. (My first 36 was a coker V2 which rides like a tank compared to the lighter nimbus, I am sort of partial toward coker products)
              Dogpoundar,
              Can you say what Coker tire you used? They sell three, Button tread all-terrain, Off-Road - Non-Skid Coker and the Ribbed XLR street tire.

I have the non-skid on my Coker and it is not effected by road camber. The non-skid runs straight where the Nimbus tire has a mind of its own on cambered roads.

Jim

Comment

Working...
              X