Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post Your 36er Here

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Originally posted by munirocks View Post
    Nice Nightriders! How do you like that street saddle with the handle bar, Tirving? Have fun big wheeling, everybody.
    I REALLY like it..... I may modify the handlebar to make it a bit longer but I am on the fence about it. The new street seat is pretty awesome for longer rides. I got a blister on my taint from a 4 mile MUni ride on my 2010 freeride and after about 7 miles yesterday on the 36-er, I had nothing but a little rubbing. As I go for longer rides, my taint and the street seat will become friends. The 2010 KH street seat is much better than a KH freeride (2009 base) with and without an air bladder, older KH freeride air seats, the Nimbus gel (that I tore apart and made the air seat out of) and the Qu Ax Air saddle for me. It is stiff and a bit less wide but the KH street fits perfectly for riding my 36-er. I am aiming to build a 29-er schlumpf before the end of this year.... we'll see what happens to my 36-er

    In all fairness, I love the 2010 KH freeride seat for MUni, I just wore the wrong shorts.

    Comment


    • #77
      Originally posted by Tirving View Post
      I REALLY like it..... I may modify the handlebar to make it a bit longer but I am on the fence about it.
      Have you tried reversing the mount under the seat? I think that would gain you a bit of length without any actual metal-mod.
      My 29er is my little wheel. Roll it, baby!

      pLs forgve anu typist imak win positing forum my fone.

      Comment


      • #78
        Originally posted by uniShark View Post
        Have you tried reversing the mount under the seat? I think that would gain you a bit of length without any actual metal-mod.
        I had it reversed in the beginning but realized it was on backwards. I think putting it back might eek out an additional inch or two and I may do that. We'll see....

        Hey, anyone (KH especially) have a good reason not to reverse the mount?

        My other concern is the distance my weight will be from the pivot point.... I tend to break stuff and don't want to break the handlebar because I wanted another inch or so

        Comment


        • #79
          So Tim, now that you've got your sweet set up for road riding, does that mean you'll be joining us for Reach The Beach? Only six weeks to go...
          Geoff
          monocycle monstrosity

          Mustn't sleep! Clowns will eat me!

          Comment


          • #80
            Originally posted by naturequack View Post
            So Tim, now that you've got your sweet set up for road riding, does that mean you'll be joining us for Reach The Beach? Only six weeks to go...
            Geoff
            55 or 100 miles?
            I am going to train for the 55 miler....... I'll know in 3 weeks if it's doable

            Comment


            • #81
              New photo of my 36er - in Utah the other day.
              Attached Files

              Comment


              • #82
                Originally posted by nathan View Post
                New photo of my 36er - in Utah the other day.
                Nathan, how is your unicycle standing up? I've stared at that picture for the past five minutes and am no closer to figuring anything out.
                "...if a bunch of fellow unicyclists can't rally around, commiserate and say 'chin up, lad', then what is this world coming to?" -GILD

                Comment


                • #83
                  Well, there are two ways you can pretty easily take a "balancing uni" shot like this. Method number one is to first have someone hold it up while you take the photo. Then carefully take another photo with the person and the uni missing. Finally, in Photoshop, copy the parts from the second photo over the first to hide the person holding the uni.

                  Several more examples: http://nhoover.smugmug.com/Unicyclin...nt/Our-Cycles/

                  Credit to John Foss for years ago showing me Method number two. I always do it that way because it's easier than Method number one.

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    hey Nathan,
                    the white rim is good looking!
                    bei tierquälern hört die toleranz auf.
                    wer elfenbein konsumiert tötet elefanten,
                    wer fleisch ißt quält und tötet
                    www.ridetriton.com

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Jogi, that's a good one. The trail is called the White Rim Trail and I have a white rim!

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Haha, would you ride the "red rim trail" next one
                        just to see how a red one is looking
                        bei tierquälern hört die toleranz auf.
                        wer elfenbein konsumiert tötet elefanten,
                        wer fleisch ißt quält und tötet
                        www.ridetriton.com

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          May I suggest the yellow rim? I think it would look pretty good.
                          µ-knee

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Originally posted by nathan View Post
                            New photo of my 36er - in Utah the other day.
                            Nice, I'm going to be out that way next week. What trails did you do?

                            I'll be there with my 29er muni and geared 36er (now with 165mm cranks).
                            -James

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              Since the Moab Munifest was not on this year, we just did the White Rim Trail. It's a little over 100 miles, all dirt, exceedingly gorgeous. You have to apply for a permit 8 months in advance, and you get to camp out each night and bring a support vehicle (4WD required). You can do it in 1-5 days - we took 4. We're working on getting photos up soon. It was 8 riders all on 36ers.

                              ---Nathan
                              Last edited by nathan; 2010-04-06, 09:41 AM.

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                Originally posted by nathan View Post
                                Well, there are two ways you can pretty easily take a "balancing uni" shot like this. Method number one is to first have someone hold it up while you take the photo. Then carefully take another photo with the person and the uni missing. Finally, in Photoshop, copy the parts from the second photo over the first to hide the person holding the uni.

                                Several more examples: http://nhoover.smugmug.com/Unicyclin...nt/Our-Cycles/

                                Credit to John Foss for years ago showing me Method number two. I always do it that way because it's easier than Method number one.
                                What is method number two?
                                You've got questions, we've got horseradish.

                                Fortune favors the bold.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X