No announcement yet.

Post Your 36er Here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roger, are you supposed to be able to strap gear on the frame when it's raised up? I'm just trying to invision this from the UDC webpage.

I actually think it's a really neat design, and wouldn't mind getting one. It's already got the best handle setup on it, it's isis, has an S2, and it sounds like the frame is plenty strong. What's not to like?
    Last edited by Killian; 2013-11-23, 10:58 PM.
    "I used to watch Highway Patrol whittlin' with my knife..." - NY

Comment

• Originally posted by LanceB View Post
      From the website:
      "The legs of the frame telescope instead of using a traditional seat post."

Possible negative: no brake option. You could probably use the "d-brake" bearing cap mount for a disc brake, but there's no mention in the description. To me, a brake is real useful on a 36r.
      Yes, they can fit a disc if you want. Geometry is the same.

I guess it makes the large wheel more accessible to the shorter rider, but I'm not sure how much of an issue that's been in the past. Personally, I would rather see some development effort put into a 32" wheel uni. But that's just me.
      This market is massive - stop being tallist! :-p Anyone under 5'4" struggles with 36" unicycles with standard or longer cranks. Even I do at 5' 6 1/2" tall when I am riding them off road. Look at all the children who can now have a 36" unicycle!

If you want this for a 32", then this design will go down to 23" inside leg! The big problem is getting the tyres. That is the real problem and one we have not solved yet (but are working on).

Roger
      ++++++++++++++++++
      Roger Davies
      Unicycle.com in the UK
      The UK's Unicycle Source
      www.unicycle.co.uk
      +++++++++++++++++++

Comment

• Originally posted by Killian View Post
        Roger, are you supposed to be able to strap gear on the frame when it's raised up? I'm just trying to invision this from the UDC webpage.
        Hmmm, not thought about it. We had the option to put a rear frame on the this and decided from feedback not to put it on and came up with the new mounting method. I am guessing that you could but may take a little effort.

Roger
        ++++++++++++++++++
        Roger Davies
        Unicycle.com in the UK
        The UK's Unicycle Source
        www.unicycle.co.uk
        +++++++++++++++++++

Comment

• Here's what the UDC US website discription says:

Originally posted by UDC US View Post
          The taller rider can raise the frame up allowing space between the Nightrider tire and the Nightfox frame to incorporate riding gear in a unique place.
          Last edited by Killian; 2013-11-24, 12:43 AM.

Comment

• The normal shadow base works fine with a flat saddle, so I'd 'assume' this'd work as well. Would definitely like to see some more pics!

Comment

• Roger, will the frame be available separate from the uni? What would the ballpark cost be?

Comment

• At the moment I can not find any pictures of the prototypes being used by tallies... I know we have them, just can't find where I have put them. I will see what I can find on Monday.

The frame will fit all the saddles we tested it on.

I don't think that the US have any spare frames. They will be available, but not until April.

Roger
                ++++++++++++++++++
                Roger Davies
                Unicycle.com in the UK
                The UK's Unicycle Source
                www.unicycle.co.uk
                +++++++++++++++++++

Comment

• Originally posted by Shmolagin View Post
                  I don't have one of these, but UDC just came out with them. Thoughts?
                  I love it, This also solves the problem for people who would like to build their own big-wheel to the largest dimensions possible...

Originally posted by rogeratunicycledotcom View Post
                  ...I don't think that the US have any spare frames. They will be available, but not until April.
                  I am going back home in April... I have too many projects already, but I am thinking this frame could let me use a 48 or 50 inch wheel with 150mm cranks.
                  My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. - Jack Layton

Comment

• Originally posted by saskatchewanian View Post
                    I love it, This also solves the problem for people who would like to build their own big-wheel to the largest dimensions possible...

I am going back home in April... I have too many projects already, but I am thinking this frame could let me use a 48 or 50 inch wheel with 150mm cranks.
                    I knew if anyone was going to do it then it would be you Eric!!! Will you race it in Dusseldorf?
                    Unicycling in the Scottish Highlands

"Unicycle into the Skye" unicycle tour Scotland June 2015

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/Highland.Unicyclist

Comment

• Originally posted by saskatchewanian View Post
                      Do It!!! If you modified some rims and made a frankentire you could have the coolest uni ever.

Comment

• Another long term project, definitely won't be ready for Dusseldorf. unless I get a really good paying job in the mean time with lots of time off and a workshop where I can modify rims, etc, etc.
                        My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. - Jack Layton

Comment

• I looked back lots of pages and discovered NO ONE posted unicycles with green rims.

Are these 2 rims interchangeable? Are they equal?

Comes standard on the Nimbus ($900.00) 36 Oracle: Rim: Nimbus Dominator 2, 36" (bright green) 36H, 42mm wide, aluminum doublewall, reinforced eyelets, ERD - 767mm

Comes standard on the KH 36 ($860.00) Road: Rim: Nimbus Dominator 2, 36" (black) 36H, 42mm wide, reinforced eyelets, machined sidewall, aluminum.

I have to admit, I'm attracted to the bright green rim. I'm wondering if its popular, and if not, why not?
                          While you and I are having our cake-and-ice-cream party, the others are having a drink-the-blood-of-the-poor party in the back room. --[QUOTE=maestro8;1433130]

Comment

• Machined sidewall

I think the green and black dominator 2 rims are equivalent EXCEPT for the machined sidewalls on the black rim. The greenies are powder coated on the sidewall too, which would be an issue only if you are using a rim brake.
                            Last edited by Biped; 2013-11-30, 07:28 PM.
                            To rest is to rust... Unicycling is my anti-oxidant.

Comment

• And even then, not a huge issue. Yes, it's better to have a machined sidewall, but it shouldn't completely deter a person from buying one.

I think the main reason you don't see people buying them is because of the color. Neon green is a bit too much for some I guess. Personally, if ever get a Nightfox, I'll be asking for a green rim.

Comment

• Originally posted by Killian View Post
                                And even then, not a huge issue. Yes, it's better to have a machined sidewall, but it shouldn't completely deter a person from buying one.

I think the main reason you don't see people buying them is because of the color. Neon green is a bit too much for some I guess. Personally, if ever get a Nightfox, I'll be asking for a green rim.
                                Because as a guy riding a gigantic unicycle down the road, being seen is something you want to avoid I totally agree with you, those bright green rims look awesome!
                                “It is well known that a vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history.”

Comment

Working...
                                X