Post Your 36er Here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eric,
    You are taking two seats? I can understand two tubes... What was your thinking about the seats?
    Have a good time.
    "If something is too hard to do, then it's not worth doing. You just stick that guitar in the closet next to your shortwave radio, your karate outfit and your unicycle and we'll go inside and watch TV."
    Homer Simpson
    Haven't got the karate suit

Comment

• Originally posted by saskatchewanian View Post
      ...so I took it all apart to throw in a bag. No oversized luggage for me...
      That is so awesome!
      "The price of unicycling freedom is eternal pedaling." --Thomas Jefferson

"The only thing unicyclists have to fear is fear itself." --Franklin Roosevelt

Comment

• After months of reading through this forum, I finally better understand what all the hoopla is about with the 36 inch unicycle. One arrived for me yesterday and, after sitting on it and slowly rocking for quite a while last night, I took it out for a test ride this afternoon. It certainly is a different experience!

I need to get a picture together. But until then, thanks for all the words of guidance and encouragement given on this forum. I wouldn't be to this point without it!

Comment

• Cool! Welcome to the world of 36-inch unicycling!
          "The price of unicycling freedom is eternal pedaling." --Thomas Jefferson

"The only thing unicyclists have to fear is fear itself." --Franklin Roosevelt

Comment

• I don't have one of these, but UDC just came out with them. Thoughts?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shmolagin View Post
              I don't have one of these, but UDC just came out with them. Thoughts?
              Seat adjustable? Looks like the handle tube support bolts to the seat in front and the tube welds to frame. It must be adjustable but from that angle it doesn't even look like there is a seat tube.

Comment

• Originally posted by jona View Post
                Seat adjustable? Looks like the handle tube support bolts to the seat in front and the tube welds to frame. It must be adjustable but from that angle it doesn't even look like there is a seat tube.
                Looks like the fork legs might be adjustable?
                Last edited by jojoxie; 2013-11-22, 03:17 PM. Reason: too many words!
                Facebook
                Website

Comment

• Originally posted by jojoxie View Post
                  Looks like the fork legs might be adjustable?
                  Yes they are. The idea is so that shorter people can ride it without cutting down the frame.

Comment

• From the website:
                    "The legs of the frame telescope instead of using a traditional seat post."

Possible negative: no brake option. You could probably use the "d-brake" bearing cap mount for a disc brake, but there's no mention in the description. To me, a brake is real useful on a 36r.

I guess it makes the large wheel more accessible to the shorter rider, but I'm not sure how much of an issue that's been in the past. Personally, I would rather see some development effort put into a 32" wheel uni. But that's just me.
                    "I'm a unicyclist. I make my own reality."

Comment

Yes they are. The idea is so that shorter people can ride it without cutting down the frame.
                      And taller people can accommodate larger and larger wheels. Gotta keep the short people wanting.
                      I'm different, yeah I'm different. I'm different, yeah I'm different. Pull up to the scene and my wheel is missing. Pull up to the scene and my wheel is missing.

Comment

• Yeah, short people. Here is Roger's prototype in action, in Horwich.
                        No doubt, a "wanted" uni!

Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-06-16_Horwich_liten.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	2451925

Comment

• Originally posted by mah
                          Hmmm. I was going to ask for a titan for Christmas. What are your opinion's about about the night fox for a tall guy. I like the isis hub and the built in handle mount. I have concerns about the strength of the adjustable frame.
                          Matt
                          Frame strength is the biggest concern I have on this uni as well Not only are the legs a worry, welding a shadow mount on the crown seems like a bad idea. But these things are pretty much untested so who knows...

Comment

• Originally posted by LanceB View Post
                            From the website:
                            "The legs of the frame telescope instead of using a traditional seat post."

Possible negative: no brake option. You could probably use the "d-brake" bearing cap mount for a disc brake, but there's no mention in the description. To me, a brake is real useful on a 36r.

I guess it makes the large wheel more accessible to the shorter rider, but I'm not sure how much of an issue that's been in the past. Personally, I would rather see some development effort put into a 32" wheel uni. But that's just me.
                            Yeah, the D-brake and Spirit's would work fine.

Also worth noting that it comes with an ISIS hub, so the uni has to be geared towards fairly heavy riding.

I'd bet that the shadow base on this particular frame is slotted for seat adjustment.

They also mention raising the frame up and storing gear in a 'unique' place. That's an intriguing idea and I'd like to see it.
                            "I used to watch Highway Patrol whittlin' with my knife..." - NY

Comment

• 36"

This is my KH36" with KH T-bar.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Frame strength is the biggest concern I have on this uni as well Not only are the legs a worry, welding a shadow mount on the crown seems like a bad idea. But these things are pretty much untested so who knows...
                                Don't worry about frame strength. I have been making one-off versions of these for years (over 10!) and they are more rigid and stronger than a standard frame. The version with the handle interface built in is the most rigid again... way more rigid than any other 36" frame! yes heavier, but not by much with the aluminium lower legs.

Roger
                                ++++++++++++++++++
                                Roger Davies
                                Unicycle.com in the UK
                                The UK's Unicycle Source
                                www.unicycle.co.uk
                                +++++++++++++++++++

Comment

Working...
                                X