Post Your 36er Here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tr4nspo View Post
    Here a picture from my former modded 36-er Nimbus...(inspired by Dustin Schaap).. Loved it, finished my first marathon in Düsseldorf (Germany) last year in just under the 'magical' mark of 2 hours with it. (1.59.48)
    The small frontwheel is just a 'crashdevice' to protect the bar and prevent disaster.
    That's pretty slick. Now no one should ask you where your other wheel is. Hmmm, doesn't that make this a bicycle??

Comment

Here's my 45er, sporting a nail in the tire after the Carmichael July 4 parade. Having a solid rubber tire has its upside!

Below is my road Coker and a rooster. It has a Wyganowski handle with bottle holder, brake, bar ends and a bell for the bike path.
      Attached Files
      John Foss
      www.unicycling.com

"Who is going to argue with a mom who can ride a unicycle?" -- Forums member "HiMo"

Comment

I finally got my KH36 together. The brake is a Frankenbrake H22/H33 built by Brycer. He puts together a great brake. I spray-painted the brake mounts and they turned out well. I am thinking of finding a way to paint the brake as well to match up better with the other orange parts.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	KH36w:bar22.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	2426774

Comment

john, where did you get the solid tyre from? i guess it's custom?
          SpaceFmK - "Im from America. I live in washington in the top left next to canada (not alaska though, thats for crazies)."

Comment

Four days late, but worth the wait! My new KH 36er, ready for the road, and also some hardcore 36er-MUni!
            The touring bar w/heavy duty kh stiffener was a bit tricky to install, and the plastic magura hose was hard to wrap around the seatpost, but as long as it doesn't kink, it should be fine. Love it!

Name:	DSC02839.JPG
Size:	289.0 KB
ID:	2426797
            Last edited by MuniAddict; 2010-03-01, 09:12 PM.
            Happy Birthday Terry! Every year you get cooler, younger and unicyclier!
            Be our muniprohpet for many years more.
            -Dani Buron

Website
            Videos
            Facebook

Comment

Nice new uni Terry! I can't wait to see you ride muni with this beast!
              Jakob F.

Comment

Originally posted by jaco_flans View Post
                Nice new uni Terry! I can't wait to see you ride muni with this beast!
                Haha, me too! I'll be taking her out for the "maiden voyage" this week, and I will likely shoot some footage...I'm hoping she'll hold up on the drops!

I'm not worried about the hub as it's plenty strong enough for that; it's the wheel I wonder about! It's quite a bit lighter than the air foil rim on my radial 36er, and even if the new one only tweaks a little, that will affect the brakes, which are set pretty close to the rim. We'll see!
                Last edited by MuniAddict; 2010-03-01, 09:18 PM.
                -Dani Buron

Website
                Videos
                Facebook

Comment

Here's my Coker
                  Attached Files

Comment

Nice uni Terry. I think it is related to mine! How do you like it compared to the coker that you RULE on?
                    Last edited by yUNIkoner; 2010-03-04, 12:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by liddle-peter View Post
                      john, where did you get the solid tyre from? i guess it's custom?
                      Look around at (old) wheelchairs. That's the stuff! Wheelchair rubber comes (came?) in lengths that you would cut to size to fit your wheels. It's held in place by a wire down the center and is a major project to mount, requiring special tools. It's heavy and rides like crap, but you can do obstacle courses in glass if you want.

Also you can spin an pirouette like crazy, which Cokers and the other 36" air tires are not very well suited for. They are much happier going straight!
                      John Foss
                      www.unicycling.com

"Who is going to argue with a mom who can ride a unicycle?" -- Forums member "HiMo"

Comment

Originally posted by yUNIkoner View Post
                        Nice uni Terry. I think it is related to mine! How do you like it compared to the coker that you RULE on?
                        Well, once we get the "bugs" out, it will be awesome! I'm getting a replacement frame this coming Monday, which should fix the "free play" issue. I did go ahead and do a semi-touring bar mod, using the existing kh bar, minus the under-seat bracket that it originally connected to.

I then attached my tandem stem I already had, to the seatpost, and inserted the kh handle into that, and used a QR clamp to hold it. It still telescopes great, and the angle is perfect for me. I would like to get rid of the excess magura tubing, so I'll need to get a new "olive", but I dread having to deal with that, so I'll probably either just leave it or have my LBS do it. Speaking of that, They let me trade them my stock black pedals for the same ones in white!

I'll explain why I made this mod in an upcoming video. Here's a pic of both Touring and MUni mode:

Name:	touring1.jpg
Size:	468.2 KB
ID:	2426826

Name:	36 muni.jpg
Size:	348.7 KB
ID:	2426827
                        Last edited by MuniAddict; 2010-03-04, 01:55 AM.
                        -Dani Buron

Website
                        Videos
                        Facebook

Comment

36ER with Outboard Disc Brake, T7 Handle, Air Saddle, Dual Hole Square Taper cranks
                          Attached Files

Comment

Here is my coker, it's all stock, I haven't gotten to ride it much yet but hopefully now that the weather is getting better i'll get on it more, so far it was definitely worth it.

Comment

omg O__O are you 8 ft tall?
                              Steel is real! => I ride a Nimbus!

Comment

oh yea : ) . . .

I've angled the bar ends back down a bit : P this was the first time I put the new seat and bars on. So the angles haven't been tweaked.
                                Steel is real! => I ride a Nimbus!

Comment

Working...
                                X