No announcement yet.

Post Your GUni Here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, skipii's geared giraffe was mad fun to cruise around on. Definitely harder to ride than a schlumpf. One of these days I will make a youtube account so I can upload some vids I took with it as well.
    -James

Comment

That is an awsome giraffe EDIT: thanks for the video
      Last edited by muniing sam; 2010-05-05, 12:30 AM.
      Sam

Comment

Time for a little update on my geared ones:
        Attached Files
        µ-knee

Comment

At Last charging gears off road is fun
          Attached Files
          Life can be Short so go ride Muni!

Comment

Originally posted by PeterG View Post
            At Last charging gears off road is fun
            Tell me about it

Great picture!

And nice tire too! I think it has become my favorite 26er tire.
            µ-knee

Comment

How have I never posted in this thread??

I added a speed stripe to my G29er, hopefully it'll make me go quicker!

“It is well known that a vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history.”

Comment

My ever-changing road ride has (at least temporarily) gone geared!

I'm only borrowing the wheelset right now and it's required some fettling to get right, but I think I've got it all sorted now.

I thought the tyre would be horrendous on road but despite being quite loud, it's surprisingly good; Not too skittish and it handles camber really well in high and low gear.
                Attached Files
                "Ride It Baby!"

Comment

Made an upgrade to the G29er... Replaced the D2 rim with a Light Bicycle carbon one. They also sent me some blade-shaped spokes which I thought would make lacing a pain, but they actually made some steps easier, so now I have an aero carbon unicycle

“It is well known that a vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history.”

Comment

Very sexy!
                    Still no brake?

Comment

Originally posted by pierrox View Post
                      Still no brake?
                      He has two brakes, one for his right foot and one for his left!
                      Unicycling is the fountain of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by pierrox View Post
                        Very sexy!
                        Still no brake?
                        I had a rim brake on the D2 rim, but this carbon rim has no braking surface so I had to take it off. I might put a disc on it (Got plenty of clearance to do so with a bit of grinding) but I'm pretty happy without, so might not bother and save myself the hassle

Comment

Originally posted by lightbulbjim View Post
                          He has two brakes, one for his right foot and one for his left!
                          Not a chance you're stopping that thing quickly with 110mm cranks when at any reasonable cruising speed!
                          "Ride It Baby!"

Comment

I can stop reasonably at 'cruising speed', it's when you get to 'racing speeds' that it gets a bit dodgy. The lighter wheel stops even easier

Comment

For me it's just feeling confident that I can stop if something happens in front of me. Especially on a shared use path, if a child or dog or person ends up in front of me, stopping in more than about a meter is not really good enough. You can't do that without a brake when your wheel circumference is multiple metres.
                              Last edited by mowcius; 2019-05-12, 10:32 PM.
                              "Ride It Baby!"

Comment

I probably wouldn't be high gearing it (at least not at raggin' it speed) in those situations anyway I never actually learned to stop with the brake either, just slow down big descents.

Comment

Working...
                                X