Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• evil-nick
    replied
    The only bad thing I've ever heard about Vegas is that fewer people use it than Final Cut, so it's harder to find help online. I've never actually tried it meself.

Leave a comment:

• 1-wheeled-grape
    replied
    I got sony Vegas 8 from my friend the other day, its great! so much easier than adobe premier pro (what i had before) and hugely better than windows movie maker.

Leave a comment:

• blueguitarboy@hotmail.com
    replied
    windows movie maker for the win

Leave a comment:

• evil-nick
    replied
    I forgot the VLC crew were doing that! Sweet! Maybe I'll finally have a decent editor in Linux!

Leave a comment:

• Brian O.
    replied
    Like bobousse I'm a Sony Vegas user, though I'm using the latest version (9.0).

I've used Vegas, Premiere, Avid and Final Cut and I always find myself coming back to Vegas. It has all the features I need and lets me edit quickly without the program getting in the way of what I'm trying to do. Of course I've used Windows Movie Maker and iMovie as well but they simply do not compare to the other options.

EDIT: I didn't actually read the original post. Obviously Vegas isn't free, sorry thats no help.

Its not out yet, but the people who made the popular VLC media player program are now also working on a video editing suite: http://vlmc.org/ and I'm willing to bet it will be one of the best free video editing programs out there.
    Last edited by Brian O.; 2010-01-20, 04:01 AM.

Leave a comment:

• evil-nick
    replied
    I used to use Premiere, but I haven't touched it since V6... I've heard that Premiere Elements is decent, and I believe it's ~$100

Leave a comment:

• bobousse
    replied
    i'm using sony vegas 7.0 for the editing, once i finished the editing, i export the vieo with the uncompressed template, then i deinterlace and compress the video with virtual dub
    this is the method which give me the best results with video camera i got

Leave a comment:

• MuniAddict
    replied
    Originally posted by camrocl View Post
    My choice is Any Video Converter.
    I have converted thousands of vids using it and have only run into problems with less than 20.
    Just Google the name
    I have that and it's awesome!

Leave a comment:

• camrocl
    replied
    My choice is Any Video Converter.
    I have converted thousands of vids using it and have only run into problems with less than 20.
    Just Google the name

Leave a comment:

• jamesande
    replied
    try one of these they are all free but a lot of them will not be available on windoze.

Leave a comment:

• Christoffer
    replied
    Originally posted by DSchmitt View Post
    nah, the converters are very impractical.

i tried 2 of em, and the average 1 minute clip would take about 5+ minutes to convert(i record a minimum of an hour of video). and the resulting file would only work in windows media player, not windows movie maker.

when i get the money i'm probably getting pinnacle.
    wow thats weird mine converts 10 min clips in like a minute and works for everything that i have tried yet

Leave a comment:

• DSchmitt
    replied
    nah, the converters are very impractical.

i tried 2 of em, and the average 1 minute clip would take about 5+ minutes to convert(i record a minimum of an hour of video). and the resulting file would only work in windows media player, not windows movie maker.

when i get the money i'm probably getting pinnacle.

Leave a comment:

• Christoffer
    replied
    Originally posted by Julia B View Post
    +1

I would be using WMM but my camera records in .mov (QuickTime) and WMM won't edit it.
    if you want to edit in WMM just dowloan xilisoft video converter, it is very easy to understand and use + it converts to almost any file that exists.

sorry for doublepost
    Last edited by Christoffer; 2010-01-17, 09:44 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Christoffer
    replied
    Sony vegas 9 platinium or pinnacle studio 12.

Leave a comment:

• Safey
    replied
    Originally posted by MuniAddict View Post
    MM allows me to save finished videos in a wide variety of formats, including 1080p. I usually use 1280x720 HD, and the quality is awesome.
    Vegas is like that, but can also do more handy, widely used formats.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X