Good editing program..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good editing program..

I need a free good editing program for a video, any recommendations?
    - Jackk
    iUni

i've recently got a new camcorder that has this h.264 codec, so i've spent a ton of hours searching.

really, there's nothing good for free. you can either illegally download something and somehow get a key, or buy.

i'm eventually gonna put out the 100$ and get something. but for the moment i downloaded quick time pro(30$), which seems to be the cheapest thing that supports h.264. it also does...the bare minimum.

if your camcorder puts out .avi files or something windows supports, your best free thing is gonna be windows movie maker.
    Best of Me

18:21 Stillstand
    255 foot railride

Comment

Fair play :L umm looks like ill have to spend some money then :L
      - Jackk
      iUni

Comment

If you want to pay the money, get Sony Vegas!
        Itll never let you down lol. And is fairly easy to use.
        -Steffan Safey

SANITISE

Comment

I don't know if there is a port for widoze, but Cinelerra is very good and free, but it's for linux as far as I know.
          "A properly ridden unicycle is like an object in orbit: constantly falling but never landing." -Diogenes

Comment

i downloaded Sony Vegas, but it says its not compatible with my version of windows, is this because im running vista :/ any ideas?
            - Jackk
            iUni

Comment

Originally posted by Jackk View Post
              i downloaded Sony Vegas, but it says its not compatible with my version of windows, is this because im running vista :/ any ideas?
              I DL'd sony vegas pro 9 (latest vers.) and it installed perfectly fine on my PC; I'm also running vista, but home premium. Check your requirements to see if you have enough ram and everything.

Anyway, I've tried pinnacle and most recently vegas pro 9, but I just can't figure either one of them out. Well, to be honest, I could, but don't have either the patience or the time. I'll stick with windows movie maker until something better comes along that is as easy. MM is like an old friend to me, and I've used it for all my 200+ videos, and I just love how easy and user friendly it is.

It's all about the footage anyway, not all the bells and whistles, imo. All I really care about is getting the raw footage into the timeline, cutting out the fat, piecing it together in an interesting way, adding titles and music...done.
              Last edited by MuniAddict; 2010-01-17, 12:48 AM.
              Happy Birthday Terry! Every year you get cooler, younger and unicyclier!
              Be our muniprohpet for many years more.
              -Dani Buron

Website
              Videos
              Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by MuniAddict View Post
                I've tried pinnacle and most recently vegas pro 9, and can't figure either one of them out! They seem very complex to me and not very user friendly. I will stick with windows movie maker until something better comes along that is as easy. It's all about the footage anyway, not all the bells and whistles, imo. All I really care about is getting the raw footage into the timeline, cutting out the fat, piecing it together in an interesting way, adding titles and music...done.
                agreed.
                all i need is the split function, the ability to add titles, and the double speed/half speed effect. unfortunately quick time pro has none of that, and if it does i haven't figured it out.
                Best of Me

18:21 Stillstand
                255 foot railride

Comment

Originally posted by DSchmitt View Post
                  all i need is the split function, the ability to add titles, and the double speed/half speed effect.
                  +1

I would be using WMM but my camera records in .mov (QuickTime) and WMM won't edit it.
                  Last edited by Julia B; 2010-01-17, 12:50 AM.
                  Retired. You can contact me at: belk.julia@gmail.com.

In a previous life:
                  2012 Women's Flatland World Champion

Team Mad4One
                  Team Unicycle.tv
                  Team Elevated Clothing Co.

Truth
                  Monarch

Comment

I got a program that came with my camera... and it's the worst program ever!!! It's even worst than WMM, and it says "Profesionnaly looking videos"... Anyway, I'm gonna try Cinelerra(fifth post), I hope it's better than WMM
                    Jakob F.

Comment

Final Cut FTW!! iMovie is good too
                      Too bad your on a windows
                      Last edited by Robuni; 2010-01-17, 01:13 AM.
                      Vote for my hair
                      Day man
                      Uhh ahhahh
                      Fighter of the Night man
                      Uhh ahhahh
                      Champion of the sun
                      Uhh ahhahh
                      Master of karate and friendship…for everyone

Comment

MM allows me to save finished videos in a wide variety of formats, including 1080p. I usually use 1280x720 HD, and the quality is awesome.
                        Attached Files
                        Happy Birthday Terry! Every year you get cooler, younger and unicyclier!
                        Be our muniprohpet for many years more.
                        -Dani Buron

Website
                        Videos
                        Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by MuniAddict View Post
                          MM allows me to save finished videos in a wide variety of formats, including 1080p. I usually use 1280x720 HD, and the quality is awesome.
                          Vegas is like that, but can also do more handy, widely used formats.
                          -Steffan Safey

SANITISE

Comment

Sony vegas 9 platinium or pinnacle studio 12.
                            If unicycling was easy it would be called football.

"sigged. " - AlisterBurt

Comment

Originally posted by Julia B View Post
                              +1

I would be using WMM but my camera records in .mov (QuickTime) and WMM won't edit it.
                              if you want to edit in WMM just dowloan xilisoft video converter, it is very easy to understand and use + it converts to almost any file that exists.

sorry for doublepost
                              Last edited by Christoffer; 2010-01-17, 09:44 AM.
                              If unicycling was easy it would be called football.

"sigged. " - AlisterBurt

Comment

Working...
                              X