Tire Pressure?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tire Pressure?

OK, well i just got a new tire and it says the lowest amount of pressure is 35 and maximum of 65 pounds (250-450 psi) and i put 35 pounds in but it might be to stiff, i was wandering what you guys have, also better hard or stiff for jumping around?

Thanks

It's a preference, if you have a hard tire it will be harder to compress it but you will jump higher. If you have a low pressure tire, it will be easyer to compress it but you wont jump super high. I hope it helps.
    Jakob F.

Comment

The thinner your tyre, the more likely it will be for it to bottom out while jumping around with a low psi.
      ~Benjamin
      ><>Unicycle For Christ<><

No matter how great your triumphs or how tragic your defeats, approximately one billion Chinese couldn't care less.

Comment

My tire pressure is 2 bar and I weight about 60kg...
        you need to chearch your own tyre pressure... you can't jump 110cm with only 1bar.. but if you aren't a prof and you just can jump like 50cm or so.. 1bar can be perfect
        just try some pressures and you will see what pressure is the best.( do gaps+sidehops..)
        Sponsored by Municycle.com And IMPACT UNICYCLES!!

Last street vid
        :
        summer street 2010

last trial/street vid: Tim Desmet- end of 2010 unicycling!

Impact vid: http://vimeo.com/34332607

Comment

just put it to a high pressure, get on, and try to compress the tire (push down), if you cant, take a little air out, repeat. Eventually you'll find a pressure that works best for you

Comment

Originally posted by tim_desmet View Post
            My tire pressure is 2 bar and I weight about 60kg...
            you need to chearch your own tyre pressure... you can't jump 110cm with only 1bar.. but if you aren't a prof and you just can jump like 50cm or so.. 1bar can be perfect
            just try some pressures and you will see what pressure is the best.( do gaps+sidehops..)
            Just out of curiosity, (maybe im a noob) but what do you mean by bar

Also i tried lowering the pressure to about 25 pounds and it bounces great but now seems harder to move, though personally like it better at 25 pounds than 35

Comment

Bar is the unit that is used to measure the amount of pressure under water I think.
              Last edited by muniing sam; 2009-07-20, 06:46 AM.
              Sam

Comment

Originally posted by Xyphota View Post
                Just out of curiosity, (maybe im a noob) but what do you mean by bar

Also i tried lowering the pressure to about 25 pounds and it bounces great but now seems harder to move, though personally like it better at 25 pounds than 35
                1 bar is about 14.5 psi. I'm not sure how it relates, but there used to be a unit of pressure called an atmosphere that was also about 14.5 psi, and for some reason the bar is what is used anymore.

So, 2 bar's is about 29 psi.
                "A properly ridden unicycle is like an object in orbit: constantly falling but never landing." -Diogenes

Comment

Working...
                X