No announcement yet.

post your homemade handlebars here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @mr impossible- nice work on your handlebar set up. I like the clever use of the adjustable stem. With your new carbon bar, have you thought about flipping it over and increasing the angle on the stem? It might give you a more flat handle position out in front which you may find to be more comfortable.
    Find out about my latest Enduro XC rides and races at my blog.

http://www.markandhisunicycle.wordpress.com

Comment

• Originally posted by napalm View Post
      With your new carbon bar, have you thought about flipping it over and increasing the angle on the stem? It might give you a more flat handle position out in front which you may find to be more comfortable.
      I did try that; it sort of works. At the maximum up angle, the handles are still tilted slightly downward, and are closer in. With just a little more up angle, and distance, it would be pretty good.

It does seem to offer a little more crash resistance, since the bars will hit straight down, and the bumpers I put on the end will work better.

Comment

• Hi.
        This is plainest and chipest decision, that I was able to invent.
        The handle made from PP fittings, the tube is a piace of 22mm aluminium tube, although you may use common bicycle underseat tube. But in this case there will be impossible to install additional devices, like brake lever or bell ring.
        What is interest, I use this combination several years and find it more comfortabe and suitable, then many famous saddles and handle bars are.
        Attached Files

Comment

• _-------------------------
          Last edited by Zivit; 2020-02-23, 04:38 PM. Reason: Delete

Comment

• Originally posted by Zivit View Post
            Hi.
            This is plainest and chipest decision, that I was able to invent.
            The handle made from PP fittings, the tube is a piace of 22mm aluminium tube, although you may use common bicycle underseat tube. But in this case there will be impossible to install additional devices, like brake lever or bell ring.
            What is interest, I use this combination several years and find it more comfortabe and suitable, then many famous saddles and handle bars are.
            Zivit,
            Cool, I like simple and low cost. My first homemade unicycle had a saddle similar to yours. That was about 60 years ago.
            My current 36" unicycle has a homemade handlebar that cost about $3.00 (192.22 ₽ Russian Rubles).

Comment

Working...
            X