No announcement yet.

post your homemade handlebars here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i think i need to alter my plan here. or learn to weld and other things.
    "I'm probably not advanced enough to have thoroughly tested it while riding, but I'm unadvanced enough to have very thoroughly tested it while falling." -uniShark

I ride for Christ-opher Walken

Comment

• Originally posted by steveyo View Post
      Do you have any pictures of yourself riding this beast?

Is there a way to mount a set of handles lower than the spline bar, just to try it?
      I got video during the weekend...You will notice I'm still closer to vertical than horizontal...I'll post the video as soon as I can.

I could remove the stem I currently have between the spline-bar and the aerobars. This will lower my front end for about 3 to 4 inches...

Thanks for the input.

Comment

• First Video on Spline_bar

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohWoKRQnboI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohWoKRQnboI[/ame]

Here it goes....first ever video on Spline_bar.

I feel very comfortable on that position. I'm not done with the exploration stage yet though...

Comments please!!!
        Last edited by ebevensee; 2010-08-12, 09:59 PM.

Comment

• I wasn't so sure about the handlebars at first. Then I got it... you have to lean into it, if you just try to turn abruptly it is really sloppy.
          Attached Files
          ----------------------------------------------

Art is a misspelled rat.
          "The unicyclist is the purest form of rebel"

Comment

• Originally posted by ebevensee View Post

Here it goes....first ever video on Spline_bar.

I feel very comfortable on that position. I'm not done with the exploration stage yet though...

Comments please!!!
            i feel bad not commenting until now...

i keep getting distracted by your helmet. that is my only comment. i guess what you say is more important than what we can see

and that music makes me want to kill myself because i can not figure out the rhythm!

ok i will say more. it is hard to tell because there are no close-ups in your video. a couple high quality pictures of you in riding position would be nice.
            Last edited by unireed; 2010-08-18, 06:18 AM.
            "I'm probably not advanced enough to have thoroughly tested it while riding, but I'm unadvanced enough to have very thoroughly tested it while falling." -uniShark

I ride for Christ-opher Walken

Comment

• Originally posted by deadbeatpope View Post
              I wasn't so sure about the handlebars at first. Then I got it... you have to lean into it, if you just try to turn abruptly it is really sloppy.
              Very funny. One of the best pictures in August

Seriously: Not only the joke, but also the composition of the picture is very good. The main object is in the middle with excellent contrast to the wall, colors are very balanced and the wooden fence on the left mirrors the brightness of your clothes on the right.
              Last edited by hugo; 2010-08-18, 03:03 PM.
              Marcus | youtube | municycle.com
              I ride for fun

Comment

• Spline_bar Ver. 2.0

Lighter & flatter...I rode already about 80 miles on it...I'm still looking for an optimum position..
                Attached Files

Comment

• man that looks great.
                  My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. - Jack Layton

Comment

Lighter & flatter...I rode already about 80 miles on it...I'm still looking for an optimum position..
                    Beautiful! I compared your pics of V1 and V2, and noticed that your seat is now higher, while your armrests and handrests are lower. On this latest setup you must be hunched quite a bit (a sideways picture would be appreciated BTW). It seems to me that that would be difficult for a rider who is used to a more upright (regular) position, since steering/balancing is probably different. You can't just "rotate your butt" but have to sway your whole upper body. (Or am I wrong?) In your 80 miles on V2, on top on the miles on V1 you must have gotten used to it. Is it now really comfortable for you to ride so low down, or is it just "tolerable" and do you do really have it that low for aerodynamics? Do you think you might want to go even lower, after still more miles?

Comment

• I'd like to see a video for V2 How looowww can you goooo!!
                      vijil.daportfolio.com
                      If it aint broke, you aint looking hard enough.

Comment

• Looks cool. But I'm wondering since the saddle is so offset from the seat tube/frame line, if the rider's weight would put significant added stress on the seat tube, where the spline bar is attached. Especially for taller riders who would have it adjusted much higher, requiring a longer seat post to hold the spline bar. Or leave it low and just make the actual saddle a lot higher?
                        Last edited by MuniAddict; 2010-08-23, 03:14 PM.
                        Happy Birthday Terry! Every year you get cooler, younger and unicyclier!
                        Be our muniprohpet for many years more.
                        -Dani Buron

Website
                        Videos
                        Facebook

Comment

• Originally posted by MuniAddict View Post
                          Looks cool. But I'm wondering since the saddle is so offset from the seat tube/frame line, if the rider's weight would put significant added stress on the seat tube, where the spline bar is attached.
                          It looks to me, Terry, that the offset is near perfectly "balanced". Any less offset for the saddle means more offset for the handlebar part, which also takes a percentage of the total weight. And the spline bar looks strong enough to take the bending stress.

Comment

Wow. You're an artist.

I've been riding the new Nimbus Shadow handle with the curved bars down. It's amazing how different it is riding with that much weight on the bars.

I was messing w/your pic (lowered the bars, extended back part, raised the seat) to show my (and I think some others') idea of a dream Coker, which you've almost made exactly. Personally, I'd like to try it (see my new, butchered version of your picture) where the handlebars/elbow pads are at seat level.

Anyway, everyone seems to like different setups, but you're making some beautiful stuff, there.
                            Attached Files
                            steveyo
                            ...like having your own personal rollercoaster...

- a few uni race write-ups
                            - muni and kokopelli uni t-shirts, mugs and stickers

Comment

• I want one!!!
                              Happy Birthday Terry! Every year you get cooler, younger and unicyclier!
                              Be our muniprohpet for many years more.
                              -Dani Buron

Website
                              Videos
                              Facebook

Comment

• That looks like what I'd like to ride if I ever get comfortable on a big wheel and spend a lot of time riding it. Well, with a road bike saddle instead of a fat gel saddle.

Comment

Working...
                                X