Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vijil
    replied
    I'd like to see a video for V2 How looowww can you goooo!!

Leave a comment:

• Klaas Bil
    replied
    Originally posted by ebevensee View Post
    Lighter & flatter...I rode already about 80 miles on it...I'm still looking for an optimum position..
    Beautiful! I compared your pics of V1 and V2, and noticed that your seat is now higher, while your armrests and handrests are lower. On this latest setup you must be hunched quite a bit (a sideways picture would be appreciated BTW). It seems to me that that would be difficult for a rider who is used to a more upright (regular) position, since steering/balancing is probably different. You can't just "rotate your butt" but have to sway your whole upper body. (Or am I wrong?) In your 80 miles on V2, on top on the miles on V1 you must have gotten used to it. Is it now really comfortable for you to ride so low down, or is it just "tolerable" and do you do really have it that low for aerodynamics? Do you think you might want to go even lower, after still more miles?

Leave a comment:

• saskatchewanian
    replied
    man that looks great.

Leave a comment:

• ebevensee
    replied
    Spline_bar Ver. 2.0

Lighter & flatter...I rode already about 80 miles on it...I'm still looking for an optimum position..
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• hugo
    replied
    Originally posted by deadbeatpope View Post
    I wasn't so sure about the handlebars at first. Then I got it... you have to lean into it, if you just try to turn abruptly it is really sloppy.
    Very funny. One of the best pictures in August

Seriously: Not only the joke, but also the composition of the picture is very good. The main object is in the middle with excellent contrast to the wall, colors are very balanced and the wooden fence on the left mirrors the brightness of your clothes on the right.
    Last edited by hugo; 2010-08-18, 03:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• unireed
    replied
    Originally posted by ebevensee View Post

Here it goes....first ever video on Spline_bar.

I feel very comfortable on that position. I'm not done with the exploration stage yet though...

Comments please!!!
    i feel bad not commenting until now...

i keep getting distracted by your helmet. that is my only comment. i guess what you say is more important than what we can see

and that music makes me want to kill myself because i can not figure out the rhythm!

ok i will say more. it is hard to tell because there are no close-ups in your video. a couple high quality pictures of you in riding position would be nice.
    Last edited by unireed; 2010-08-18, 06:18 AM.

Leave a comment:

• deadbeatpope
    replied
    I wasn't so sure about the handlebars at first. Then I got it... you have to lean into it, if you just try to turn abruptly it is really sloppy.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• ebevensee
    replied
    First Video on Spline_bar

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohWoKRQnboI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohWoKRQnboI[/ame]

Here it goes....first ever video on Spline_bar.

I feel very comfortable on that position. I'm not done with the exploration stage yet though...

Comments please!!!
    Last edited by ebevensee; 2010-08-12, 09:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ebevensee
    replied
    Originally posted by steveyo View Post
    Do you have any pictures of yourself riding this beast?

Is there a way to mount a set of handles lower than the spline bar, just to try it?
    I got video during the weekend...You will notice I'm still closer to vertical than horizontal...I'll post the video as soon as I can.

I could remove the stem I currently have between the spline-bar and the aerobars. This will lower my front end for about 3 to 4 inches...

Thanks for the input.

Leave a comment:

• unireed
    replied
    i think i need to alter my plan here. or learn to weld and other things.

Leave a comment:

• corbin
    replied
    Originally posted by unireed View Post
    well corbin, riddle me this:if i were to weld a short tube into the boxy part of the razor scooter where the wheel was, and if the inner diameter were equal to the outer diameter of the coker frame, would that be a good setup? i would slip the tube over the coker and attach it with a clamp.
    You'd probably have to make it a clamp itself, and not simply clamp it on.
    See:

http://www.corbinstreehouse.com/blog...dlebar-repair/

Is it a good setup? Mine works quite well.

-corbin

Leave a comment:

• unireed
    replied
    well corbin, riddle me this:if i were to weld a short tube into the boxy part of the razor scooter where the wheel was, and if the inner diameter were equal to the outer diameter of the coker frame, would that be a good setup? i would slip the tube over the coker and attach it with a clamp.

Leave a comment:

• corbin
    replied
    here she blows. terrible setup. its not tight even with added washers but it stays in place with no pressure. i either need some way to make this stay put, or something else entirely. please help me out.
    The best way to fix it is to drive 1.5 hours to my house in Santa Cruz and have me weld it.

corbin

Leave a comment:

• jaco_flans
    replied
    if i had a coker pi bar i wouldnt be building a handle in the first place. anyone wanna send me one for free?
    yeah, well, I dont know what's the point of building another handlebar if you buy a Pi Bar, unless you want a long handle bar. I guess you could do something with a stem to hold it strait and make it stiffer.

Leave a comment:

• unireed
    replied
    Originally posted by jaco_flans View Post
    Maybe you could mix it with a Coker Pi bar and it would be stiffer
    http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/sho...7&postcount=80
    if i had a coker pi bar i wouldnt be building a handle in the first place. anyone wanna send me one for free?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X