post your homemade handlebars here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tsilcycinu View Post

I came across a scooter in the trash, those "Razors" with tiny wheels, that was missing a wheel and thrown out. Took the handle off. Attached it directly to the quick release skewer and with a couple u-bolts I had laying around to my Coker pi-bar, put two bolts through T-bar grip/handle and added my barends. No modifications. Took a couple hours to figure out and attach. Adjustable height by moving pi-bar. Length is easily and quickly adjustable with scooter handle quick release while riding. Feels solid except where T-bar grip/handle slides through T-bar. I added bolts, but still has a little play.
    i borrowed your razor scooter idea, if you dont mind. i disassembled my old razor and i am trying to figure out a way to attach it to my coker frame or seatpost. i am thinking of sticking some metal pipe (that i can slide the coker seatpost or frame into) where the wheel of the scooter was. anyone have other ideas? i will add a picture of tsilcycino's setup. i cant copy his because i dont have a t handle to start with.
    "I'm probably not advanced enough to have thoroughly tested it while riding, but I'm unadvanced enough to have very thoroughly tested it while falling." -uniShark

I ride for Christ-opher Walken

Comment

• here is a link to the picture

http://unicyclist.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=37306&stc=1&d=1255801439[/IMG]
      Last edited by unireed; 2010-08-04, 03:50 AM.
      "I'm probably not advanced enough to have thoroughly tested it while riding, but I'm unadvanced enough to have very thoroughly tested it while falling." -uniShark

Comment

• Is there a way to mount a set of handles lower than the spline bar, just to try it?
        His new setup looks like it could probably rigged to work that way, though it might require a taller rider and/or flipping the crossbar upside down (maybe). Once done however there's no reason why having the bars that low wouldn't work - it would end up looking something like my avatar I suppose. Maybe not quite that extreme unless you were going for an hour record or something... I'm messing around with a few design ideas anyways.
        vijil.daportfolio.com
        If it aint broke, you aint looking hard enough.

Comment

• i took apart my razor scooter and now have an adjustable(length) handle, but i dont know how to attach it. i guess i have to find somebody to weld it.

Comment

• here she blows. terrible setup. its not tight even with added washers but it stays in place with no pressure. i either need some way to make this stay put, or something else entirely. please help me out.
            Attached Files

Comment

• unireed that is both very cool and scary!
              Pete

MUni & MTB, Victoria Australia
              http://digitalhippie.net

KH36 Rollercoaster MUni | GUni Gear Shifting

Comment

• thanks, but i think i have to abandon it unless i figure out a way to strengthen it.

Comment

• yeah, dunno. We bought one of those scooters and busted the front forks in the first couple of rides... bummer!

Maybe the stoker stem setup like other guys use is a better way to go, though finding a use for busted scooters would probably make you famous
                  Pete

MUni & MTB, Victoria Australia
                  http://digitalhippie.net

KH36 Rollercoaster MUni | GUni Gear Shifting

Comment

• well, the scooter was free. and not busted at all. but it wasnt very fun.

Comment

• Originally posted by lunicycle View Post
                      unireed that is both very cool and scary!
                      Maybe you could mix it with a Coker Pi bar and it would be stiffer
                      http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/sho...7&postcount=80
                      Jakob F.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaco_flans View Post
                        Maybe you could mix it with a Coker Pi bar and it would be stiffer
                        http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/sho...7&postcount=80
                        if i had a coker pi bar i wouldnt be building a handle in the first place. anyone wanna send me one for free?

Comment

• Originally posted by unireed View Post
                          if i had a coker pi bar i wouldnt be building a handle in the first place. anyone wanna send me one for free?
                          yeah, well, I dont know what's the point of building another handlebar if you buy a Pi Bar, unless you want a long handle bar. I guess you could do something with a stem to hold it strait and make it stiffer.
                          Jakob F.

Comment

here she blows. terrible setup. its not tight even with added washers but it stays in place with no pressure. i either need some way to make this stay put, or something else entirely. please help me out.
                            The best way to fix it is to drive 1.5 hours to my house in Santa Cruz and have me weld it.

corbin
                            http://www.corbinstreehouse.com
                            maestro8 fan club
                            Justin LE fan club

Comment

• well corbin, riddle me this:if i were to weld a short tube into the boxy part of the razor scooter where the wheel was, and if the inner diameter were equal to the outer diameter of the coker frame, would that be a good setup? i would slip the tube over the coker and attach it with a clamp.

Comment

well corbin, riddle me this:if i were to weld a short tube into the boxy part of the razor scooter where the wheel was, and if the inner diameter were equal to the outer diameter of the coker frame, would that be a good setup? i would slip the tube over the coker and attach it with a clamp.
                                You'd probably have to make it a clamp itself, and not simply clamp it on.
                                See:

http://www.corbinstreehouse.com/blog...dlebar-repair/

Is it a good setup? Mine works quite well.

-corbin
                                http://www.corbinstreehouse.com
                                maestro8 fan club
                                Justin LE fan club

Comment

Working...
                                X