Views:	624
Size:	98.5 KB
ID:	2802956
    Oldest kid in town - neighbour

Comment

• Originally posted by spottyh725 View Post
      confinement 2

- I'm able to do 4 reverse in back cicling
      I wish I had a place like that to practice. I wouldn't mind being confined in that. Though in NL we can still ride around outside. Did 22km last weekend in the forest with the good weather.

Comment

• I'm mostly lurking, so this is my first post. However I figured I have to post something since this thread didn't get any updates today. Guess that's because in a lot of countries people aren't even allowed out of the house. We have to keep groups below 5 people and stick to 2m distance but we can still leave the house to go unicycling. I went in the morning in the hope to meet fewer people - sometimes it's hard to keep the 2m distance on a sunny Saturday afternoon.

Unicycling

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	trail.jpeg
Views:	504
Size:	126.4 KB
ID:	2803113

Took fat boy out for trip around harbour
          Unicyclists control pedals

Comment

• Above the falls on my 100 mile ride route:

Click image for larger version  Name:	170614053.3iXaBRJn.WhiskeyFalls.jpg Views:	0 Size:	202.7 KB ID:	2803134
            Last edited by JimT; 2020-04-13, 02:28 AM.

Comment

• Some pics from my gravel - dirt ride last Sunday
              Click for larger version

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9182.jpg Views:	0 Size:	153.2 KB ID:	2803165
              Looking back after my first fall since my knee surgery last December
              Some nasty gravel there. Hurrah for wrist guard and KH percussion. Fell onto wrists and knee and rolled onto my backback.
              No harm done apart from a little bruise between elbow and wrist.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9184.jpg
Views:	424
Size:	162.6 KB
ID:	2803171
              View of the landing zone

Name:	IMG_9181.jpg
Views:	421
Size:	81.4 KB
ID:	2803170
              Off-road cobbles

Name:	IMG_9195.jpg
Views:	421
Size:	151.2 KB
ID:	2803172
              Shadow man

Name:	IMG_9197.jpg
Views:	424
Size:	142.7 KB
ID:	2803173
              Looking back after UPD
              Last edited by Quax1974; 2020-04-15, 06:01 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Quax1974 View Post
                Some pics from my gravel - dirt ride last Sunday

Looking back after my first fall since my knee surgery last December
                Some nasty gravel there. Hurrah for wrist guard and KH percussion. Fell onto wrists and knee and rolled onto my backback.
                No harm done apart from a little bruise between elbow and wrist.
                So why did you UPD there?
                > Because there are too many bumps and the wheel starts bouncing, or
                > because for a long while you were doing great and your mind started wandering and oops there was an unforeseen bump, or
                > your wheel slid sideways when riding on a bigger rock?

(I UPD in all those cases ^_^)

Comment

• For sure the "not riding on the on the shoulder of the track" (right side of image) did me no good.

My mind was definitely not wandering as this is the challenging last ramp up to the junction you see in the 2nd image.
                  Its a the end of a dirt/gravel track that goes slightly uphill, the final bit is steepest and has the biggest chunks of gravel.
                  It takes some effort to ride onto and you need to tackle it at decent speed.

As I was cranking hard, while pulling up on the saddle, I suddenly just got thrown off, I think a combination of bouncing and wheel spin.

Gravel this coarse is a very tricky surface to ride on.

I do UPD when bouncing too much (even when anticipated) and I know about the wandering mind.

Because of riding these specific tracks I'm getting better at dealing with sideways slipping.
                  What seems to work for me:
                  - a good pull up on the saddle handle (keeps the feet in place)
                  - keep speeding

In the last Image I'm looking back after an UPD (not fall) due to prolonged bouncing about

Last edited by Quax1974; 2020-04-15, 09:45 AM.

Comment

• I am familiar with the uni-man shadows.

Comment

• A ride with my best friend and a new friend - Lewis Creek, CA: Click image for larger version

Name:	Unicycling5 copy.png
Views:	310
Size:	1.01 MB
ID:	2803314

Comment

• Went out for a really nice Muni session with UniMyra and Erlend today, for a couple of hours. UniMyra showed us one of his favourite areas and it was not only great fun but beautiful there.

Here is a picture shamelessly stolen from UniMyra's Instagram account

Name:	3riders.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	280.6 KB
ID:	2803816

Strangest thing was encountering another, unknown unicyclist out of the blue coming in the opposite direction. In hindsight, we probably should have gotten him to pose with us as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by captainwelch View Post
                          Some photos from my recent ride on the Haul Road..
                          I really enjoyed
                          روغن خراطین و روغن آرگان

Comment

• Fun day in the mountains.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Nzurf; 2020-05-24, 01:43 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ruari View Post
                              Went out for a really nice Muni session with UniMyra and Erlend today, for a couple of hours. UniMyra showed us one of his favourite areas and it was not only great fun but beautiful there.
                              I was listening to a Norwegian podcast today - "Lørdagsrådet", the "Saturday Advice Council" where listeners write in with their problems, and they semi-seriously discuss what to do - and the host said:
                              I'll start off this Lørdagsrådet problem the way Erlend Loe starts "Doppler": "my father is dead."
                              It probably wouldn't have registered if I hadn't just seen this picture! Anyway it gives us non-Norwegians some idea of how well known his books are there.

Comment

• Some of his books are translated into multiple languages. The first book of his I read, I read in English, "Naïve. Super". I've heard a few other people have read this in English as well

https://www.newyorker.com/books/page...earn-norwegian

But all that aside, he seems like a really nice guy and is a keen unicyclist, so that is what is most important. UniMyra isn't a bad guy either!

Comment

Working...
                                X