Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice mounts JimT!!!

Comment

• I am working from our Reykjavík, Iceland office at the moment. One of my colleagues caught a picture of me on the way to dinner. Just checking my watch to ensure I am not late.

Comment

• A second one he took. Much the same to be honest but here it is anyway

Comment

• So I did this today. I honestly have no idea how people ride centuries on unicycles. I was struggling so hard the last couple of miles... unbelievable saddle soreness(believable though because you all know how it is!), chafe on the back of my legs from the knee pads, these strange persistent side stiches, and just a general feeling of dread.

The entire ride was pure bliss until the last few miles. If I had a graph to show my level of enjoyment it would just drop off rapidly like an upside-down j-curve around 23 miles. I was wearing a backpack with tools and water and some granola bars which I never even ended up eating and it ended up taxing on my shoulders. Jesus, I sound like an utter wuss...but damn! Respect to century riders and the riders who have ridden across whole countries!

All that said...40 miles next time!

It was funny, after I took the pic of the uni on the walkway it immediately fell.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by DSchmitt; 2020-02-13, 12:36 AM.
          Best of Me

18:21 Stillstand
          255 foot railride

Comment

• Originally posted by DSchmitt View Post
            So I did this today. I honestly have no idea how people ride centuries on unicycles. I was struggling so hard the last couple of miles... unbelievable saddle soreness(believable though because you all know how it is!), chafe on the back of my legs from the knee pads, these strange persistent side stiches, and just a general feeling of dread.

The entire ride was pure bliss until the last few miles. If I had a graph to show my level of enjoyment it would just drop off rapidly like an upside-down j-curve around 23 miles. I was wearing a backpack with tools and water and some granola bars which I never even ended up eating and it ended up taxing on my shoulders. Jesus, I sound like an utter wuss...but damn! Respect to century riders and the riders who have ridden across whole countries!

All that said...40 miles next time!

It was funny, after I took the pic of the uni on the walkway it immediately fell.
            Nice work! I wouldn’t have enjoyed that ride either without a handlebar
            Unicycling is the fountain of youth.

Comment

So I did this today. I honestly have no idea how people ride centuries on unicycles. I was struggling so hard the last couple of miles... unbelievable saddle soreness(believable though because you all know how it is!), chafe on the back of my legs from the knee pads, these strange persistent side stiches, and just a general feeling of dread.......
              You may want to try another saddle. Some riders like the Nimbus Stadium Saddle but many including me find it too hard. I put about 1/2 mile on mine and it has been setting on the shelf since. Padded bike short may help if not already using them.

Comment

I honestly have no idea how people ride centuries on unicycles. I was struggling so hard the last couple of miles...

The entire ride was pure bliss until…
                Centuries get easier after you have completed a few. You’ll know what it takes. Usually, the first one each year may be your hardest.

Most of the advice you will get on these forums are things that I don’t choose to do. With experience and persistence you will find what works for you.

Most of my century rides I have been outfitted simularly to what you discribed and pictured here. Except in all of mine i’m out on the roads and streets with the cars and trucks.

Enjoy,
                JM
                You cannot teach a man anything, you can only help him find it within himself....

Comment

• My Uni

First post!

Sharing some photos of my current unicycle build with custom LED lighting installed:

Kris Holm 24" w/Street Tire
                  WS2811 Individually Addressable LEDs
                  Pixelblaze Microcontroller (ESP-01 Wifi Microcontroller w/Custom Firmware)
                  JST 3-connductor connector
                  USB Cable
                  5V Battery Pack
                  Zip Ties

More pics on my website!

www.codyryandesign.com/cycle-lights-page/

Enjoy!

Comment

• More Pics

First image didn't work so here's another upload. The unicycle has a mountain tire in this shot.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Welcome Agent X49,

I think this is the photo you were attempting to post:

(Your image was a gallery URL and not a jpg image file. To post an image, right click on the image you want to post and select "view image", then copy the URL of the image and paste it in the Insert Image icon.)

Cool lights. Can you program images that display when moving?

Comment

• A spot of downhill. Very dry as we haven't had rain for a couple of weeks.
                        Attached Files
                        Unicyclists control pedals

Comment

• went for a ride at my normal haunt and found there was a tad bit of water between me and the bridge I was needing to cross ,,,, So I rode through it , it was a bit deep right before the bridge as my pedals were slapping the top of the water but luckily my feet stayed dry
                          24" Torker LX
                          29" UDC Trainer
                          32" UDC trainer

Comment

• A typical commute, towering above the rest!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ERncIvTX0AEjvYH.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	2802450

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	photo5969883118875816567.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	128.4 KB
ID:	2802514

Comment