Pictures of your latest ride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bungeejoe View Post
    Clipless mountain unicycling the Upper Bob's Trail at Galbraith Mountain, Bellingham, Washington USA on October 6, 2019. Wow, it's great to still be riding a relic 2008 Kris Holm 24" mountain unicycle with 137mm cranks, Shimano cliplessSPD pedals and Magura brake on a trail I’ve been riding for more than a dozen years.
    Great video!
    Chief

Comment

• Nice video. I like how controlled you ride. Not going too fast and choosing the path the way I would, the safe way ^_^.
      How often did you UPD at the white log?

Comment

• Originally posted by Setonix View Post
        Nice video. I like how controlled you ride. Not going too fast and choosing the path the way I would, the safe way ^_^.
        How often did you UPD at the white log?
        I don’t remember ever falling there. May have sometime. There are a few more difficult sections and drops on this trail but I didn’t think the video would be very good quality with what I was equipped with and I started to run short on time to capture everything.

The “old out” option is my favorite. I usually can do the entire 0.9 miles non-stop with out any UPDs in about 15 minutes time if I want to.

This suppose to be a picture thread, so I tried to post one but it keeps failing with errors.

Enjoy,
        JM

You cannot teach a man anything, you can only help him find it within himself....

Comment

• Clippless - Ridge/Miranda, Galbraith Mountain, Bellingham, Washington USA

It is a snow day. Just as well waste a little time posting this short edit of a recent ride.

Clipless mountain unicycling Ridge and Miranda at Galbraith Mountain, Bellingham, Washington USA on December 25, 2019. Riding a 2008 Kris Holm 29" mountain unicycle with 150mm cranks, Shimano cliplessSPD pedals and Magura brake, Continental TrailKing on a trail I’ve used for training on for ten years.

dji Osmo Pocket

Galbraith - Ridge trail mountain unicycle ride - 25 Dec 2019

Enjoy,
          JM

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EY6RqpI48Ns&feature=youtube_gdata_player"] Clippless — Mountain Galbraith - Ridge trail mountain unicycle ride - 25 Dec 2019[/ame]

Attached Files
          You cannot teach a man anything, you can only help him find it within himself....

Comment

• Dirt Uni

With a little snow in the neighborhood I broke out the 24" Dirt Uni for my ride today. I ended up obliterating my previous lifetime distance record on a smaller uni. The longest road distance I'd previously rode a 24" unicycle was about 1 mile. I did a relaxed 8 miles and averaged about 6 mph. That is about twice the speed I could walk and half what I normally ride on my 36er.

Dirt Uni unicycles were built in Bend Oregon about 20 years ago. There were not a lot built and quite expensive but very strong compared to other unicycles of the time.

Comment

• hatcheting down the field

getting in more hatchet riding
              Attached Files

Comment

• different day , similar theme, hatchet, snow, at the park
                Attached Files

Comment

• I'm trying to get more into muni this year. Starting with an easy forest trail...
                  Attached Files
                  Unicycling is the fountain of youth.

Comment

• Originally posted by lightbulbjim View Post
                    I'm trying to get more into muni this year. Starting with an easy forest trail...
                    With lots of blackened trees.... stay safe
                    If you are female please join the “Female Unicyclists!” group on Facebook!

Comment

• Originally posted by Gockie View Post
                      With lots of blackened trees.... stay safe
                      Nah... it’s when they’re red and making a “whoosh” sound that you need to worry 😀
                      Unicycling is the fountain of youth.

Comment

• I ran into a mtb friend on the trail last week where there happended to be an interesting downhill section and he didn't believe I could ride it on one wheel... and he took the picture to prove it and posted it to a German mtb site: https://fotos.mtb-news.de/p/2450907
                        36" Nimbus Oracle, VCX 100/125/150, 200mm disc
                        29+ KH, Maxxis DHR II 29x3, 127/150 Spirits
                        Schlumpf (KH29) Duro Crux 29x3.25 137/117 Spirits
                        26" Nimbus, Maxxis DHR IIx2.8, 117/137 Sprt
                        19" Trials Impact Athmos
                        20" Qu-Ax Profi Freestyle, 89mm VCX

Comment

• I guess it's better with the picture:
                          We've had an incredibly mild winter so been able to get in lots of great muni rides with temps often in the 50s(F) or low teens (C).
                          36" Nimbus Oracle, VCX 100/125/150, 200mm disc
                          29+ KH, Maxxis DHR II 29x3, 127/150 Spirits
                          Schlumpf (KH29) Duro Crux 29x3.25 137/117 Spirits
                          26" Nimbus, Maxxis DHR IIx2.8, 117/137 Sprt
                          19" Trials Impact Athmos
                          20" Qu-Ax Profi Freestyle, 89mm VCX

Comment

• Galbraith Mountain — The Alders, Lower SST mountain unicycle ride - 01 Jan 2020

Early morning ride after a stormy night with plenty of fresh windfalls. This video is of the Alders portion of Lower SST trail, Galbraith Mountain, Bellingham, Washington, USA

2008 Kris Holm 24” unicycle, 137mm Moment cranks,
                            Magura rim brake, Shimano XRT M9000 clipless pedals,
                            Duro Lepard tire

Galbraith Mountain — The Alders, Lower SST mountain unicycle ride - 01 Jan 2020

Enjoy,
                            JM

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=532yhlQw6H4&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]The Alders, Lower SST mountain unicycle ride - 01 Jan 2020[/ame]

Attached Files

Comment

Nah... it’s when they’re red and making a “whoosh” sound that you need to worry 😀
                              Send a message when you are in Sydney, I'm also trying to do more (easy) muni.
                              If you are female please join the “Female Unicyclists!” group on Facebook!

Comment

I'm trying to get more into muni this year. Starting with an easy forest trail...
                                Awesome picture!

Originally posted by MUCFreerider View Post
                                I guess it's better with the picture:
                                We've had an incredibly mild winter so been able to get in lots of great muni rides with temps often in the 50s(F) or low teens (C).
                                Respect! You do not want to come off the front on a decline like that!!

Originally posted by bungeejoe View Post
                                Early morning ride after a stormy night with plenty of fresh windfalls. This video is of the Alders portion of Lower SST trail, Galbraith Mountain, Bellingham, Washington, USA

2008 Kris Holm 24” unicycle, 137mm Moment cranks,
                                Magura rim brake, Shimano XRT M9000 clipless pedals,
                                Duro Lepard tire

Galbraith Mountain — The Alders, Lower SST mountain unicycle ride - 01 Jan 2020

Enjoy,
                                JM

The Alders, Lower SST mountain unicycle ride - 01 Jan 2020

Love it! Riding clipless is badass
                                For the most part, if you want to be cool, you might want to avoid unicycles. But if you want to ride unicycles, you're into a different kind of cool. We are not sheep! (Foss, 2017, p. 93)

Comment

Working...
                                X