Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Onewheelhenni View Post
    Failed rolling mount ...[ATTACH]71704[/ATTACH]
    .. or did you run hurdles in your former athletic career?
    Oldest kid in town - neighbour

Comment

• Originally posted by Onewheelhenni View Post
      Failed rolling mount ...
      Funny

Comment

• Originally posted by fetzenschorsch View Post
        .. or did you run hurdles in your former athletic career?
        Actually, I was a long distance runner. Did a little steeple chase once, too. And lots of cross country running.
        ————————————
        I own: Quax 20“ / KH 27,5 / KH 20 / Nimbus Hatchet 26x4,8
        I‘d like to have also: KH 24+Schlumpf, Nimbus 24“ ultimate
        I‘ll never try: Freewheeling (too dangerous), g36 (too fast), giraffes (too tall)

Comment

• Galbraith ride

Galbraith Mountain,
          8+ Miles, 1000+ elevation gain/loss, two hours of fun on
          Ridge, Skills Course, Boot Dryer
          Bellingham, WA USA
          KH29.150

bungeejoe unicycle

First time on the jump park’s four new loops, green, blue & black (first pic), and double black (second pic).
          Attached Files
          You cannot teach a man anything, you can only help him find it within himself....

Comment

• That looks like an amazing place to ride!

Comment

• Since it is “Cycle to Work Day” (in the UK at least and I am a brit, despite living in Oslo, Norway) I of course commuted to work today on a unicycle. Just like every day recently to be honest. Here is a picture:

I also knocked up a quick blog post and put it on my employers blog!

https://vivaldi.com/blog/teamblog/a-...uari-odegaard/

Comment

• One of many culm banks of Pennsylvania, left over from coal mining . And a UPD. Someday, I'll come down the big one.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by mrfixit; 2018-08-16, 12:56 PM.

Comment

• And a red tide stinky Siesta Key vacation. Before and after pic. Fresh catch of the day anyone? That one fish looks like something that may evolve into a frog in a million years. Pic of the top and bottom. weird.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by mrfixit; 2018-08-16, 01:10 PM.

Comment

• looks like a conjoined triplet?!?
                    Einradfahren in Sachsen:
                    einradsachsen.com
                    f/EinradSachsen
                    07.06.2020: Europamarathon

Comment

• Originally posted by mrfixit View Post
                      And a red tide stinky Siesta Key vacation. Before and after pic. Fresh catch of the day anyone? That one fish looks like something that may evolve into a frog in a million years. Pic of the top and bottom. weird.
                      Is this huge fish-kill the result of an algal bloom or pollution?

Comment

• Originally posted by ruari View Post
                        Since it is “Cycle to Work Day” (in the UK at least and I am a brit, despite living in Oslo, Norway) I of course commuted to work today on a unicycle. Just like every day recently to be honest. Here is a picture:
                        I also knocked up a quick blog post and put it on my employers blog!
                        Interesting blog ruari. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

• Originally posted by prozac View Post
                          Is this huge fish-kill the result of an algal bloom or pollution?
                          algae http://www.myfwc.com/RedTideStatus

Comment

• Originally posted by prozac View Post
                            Interesting blog ruari. Thanks for sharing.
                            Thanks, probably not the very most interesting for a unicyclist because the unicycling is the fun (novelty) part of the story for most readers but it isn't so much of a novelty around here. It is just normal!

I can add a little bit to the story. The first time I decided to try commuting from my new place on a unicycle, I didn't have any idea how long it would take. Firstly there are hills. I had also had a year or two brake from unicycling (occupied with young kids) and the last few times I had been unicycling it was with a 26" that had a Duro Wildlife Leopard tyre, 165mm cranks and I was in the snow. It's fun but not a fast setup.

Anyway, since Google maps told me that (bi)cycling would take 20 minutes one way and 30 on the way back, I estimated it would take a fair bit longer and guessed 50 minutes.

I can now see this was way off. I timed myself the day I wrote that blog post. The route took just under 24 minutes to work and 26 back, without pushing it (I don't really want to get sweaty, particularly on the way in to the office). I am pretty pleased with those times given that they are close to what Google estimates as typical bike speeds (actually faster on the way back).

I left this little insight out off the blog post as I felt it made it a little long, also I think only unicyclists can appreciate the "why it was so much faster than my estimate" part. I used the same 26" unicycle I had been using in the snow but with 102mm cranks (instead of the 165s) and a "Fat Frank" balloon tyre. The Fat Frank is a little smaller than the Wildlife Leopard (with a diameter of 2.35, rather than 3.0) but with far lower rolling resistance.
                            Last edited by ruari; 2018-08-20, 05:22 AM.

Comment

• Lazy Sunday Fun, Aug. 19, 2018

Just a couple of pics and a short video from a portion of Boot Dryer, Galbraith Mountain, Bellingham, Washington USA.

2008 Kris Holm 29" unicycle, 150mm Moment cranks,
                              Magura rim brake, Shimano XRT M9000 clipless pedals,
                              Continental Trail King 2.4 tire

https://youtu.be/UCe8JDxWxMM

Enjoy,
                              JM

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCe8JDxWxMM&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]Lazy Sunday Fun, August 19, 2018[/ame]

Attached Files
                              You cannot teach a man anything, you can only help him find it within himself....

Comment

• Latest Ride

I built this Unicorn Unicycle a while back and have had some good times with it.

I got asked to build up a bike with some "bling" similar to that Unicorn Unicycle

I scored a 1967 Schwinn My Fair Lady for her because she is family and that's how I roll

I found an aluminum horse head at a thrift store and built an attachment to the bicycle using a remnant of Louisville socket that is used to attach uprights to a construction work plank. Works similar to a male to female receiver hitch on a truck tow hitch

I drillled the head 1.75" and welded a tube in place to receive a light saber with multi-function LED that strobes and varies the light pattern. I welded beads of aluminum to replicate horse mane at the junction of head and tube.

The tail is illuminated by LED and is repurposed "icicle" decorations

I added more LED lights and welded a set of "Reindeer Antlers" for Christmas time that interchange with the Unicorn Horn

I would love to show the video at night but so far uploading the video escapes my techno skills
                                Attached Files
                                "Give someone a bike and they may travel efficiently, but teach someone to unicycle and they can feed the soul for the rest of their life."

Comment

Working...
                                X