Pictures of your latest ride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fetzenschorsch View Post
    but you forgot to erase the front part of your helmet above the wheel of your unicycle, and the shadow of the unicycle wheel is cut sharp.
    regard fetzenschorsch
    That’s a lot of work for a picture. It would have been easier just to make the fall. Of coarse it would have hurt more

Comment

• Originally posted by Piece Maker View Post
      Uni commute is best commute

I'm about 4.5 miles from work
      7.2km, so about the same as Setonix then.

Comment

• I have also been commuting a lot recently (on a 28" because my 36" is still broken). 5.9km/3.7m and mostly hills, plus it is really hot this summer but screw it. I am doing it anyway!

Comment

• Finally getting used to the new wheel. I bought a new KH-36 about two months ago, thinking that if I specified the same model, same cranks, same seat, same tire, and swapped over my same pedals and t-bar, that everything would feel the same...WRONG! For some reason, switching to the new wheel felt almost like starting over; I could ride, but I felt tentative, insecure. My turns (especially right turns, go figure) were waaaay wider than on the previous wheel. On my original KH-36, I could practically pirouette in both directions, but on the new one, I had to take right turns really wide--annoying! So, I just bit the bullet, hunkered down and kept logging miles, figuring it was just a matter of getting used to the subtly different setup. Yep! ...it worked! The new one flies! I'm not 100% yet, but pretty close. I'm starting to do longer routes now. The pic is from Saturday's lap of Lake Sammamish and surrounding hills--maybe 25 miles or so. Weeeeee!

Comment

• This is a picture from last year.
            Attached Files

Comment

• and another...
              Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by YooNeeNoob View Post
                Finally getting used to the new wheel. I bought a new KH-36 about two months ago, thinking that if I specified the same model, same cranks, same seat, same tire, and swapped over my same pedals and t-bar, that everything would feel the same...WRONG! For some reason, switching to the new wheel felt almost like starting over; I could ride, but I felt tentative, insecure. My turns (especially right turns, go figure) were waaaay wider than on the previous wheel. On my original KH-36, I could practically pirouette in both directions, but on the new one, I had to take right turns really wide--annoying! So, I just bit the bullet, hunkered down and kept logging miles, figuring it was just a matter of getting used to the subtly different setup. Yep! ...it worked! The new one flies! I'm not 100% yet, but pretty close. I'm starting to do longer routes now. The pic is from Saturday's lap of Lake Sammamish and surrounding hills--maybe 25 miles or so. Weeeeee!

Why did you buy a new one the old one would only need maintained and would go indefinitely.
                This is the most stupid thing you have ever purchased. "WIFE"

Comment

• Originally posted by ruari View Post
                  I have also been commuting a lot recently (on a 28" because my 36" is still broken). 5.9km/3.7m and mostly hills, plus it is really hot this summer but screw it. I am doing it anyway!
                  Since yesterday the temperature went down 10 degrees, so it is much nicer for commuting, which I've done today ^_^ on the 29"

Comment

• Originally posted by Thumper uni View Post
                    Why did you buy a new one the old one would only need maintained and would go indefinitely.
                    Well, actually, the new one is really my third frame. I'm really glad these unicycles are as cheap as they are, because I don't think they're made for heavy, regular use, like a bicycle. Here's the history of my KH-36 involvment: I bought my fist one about 6 years ago. It rolled sweet for about three years, then developed a crack in the frame, so I replaced only the frame--all good. Then last year, a fatal internal crack developed in the hub; replacing the bearings would not have helped. At that point, I just said "f it" and snagged a new wheel, since I also wanted to get a KH that came pre-built with a brake, unlike my first one--an after-market setup. From the beginning, I've been logging about 75-100 miles per week, using the unicycle to mix up my regular bicycle commutes and workouts. I spoze it's possible I just got unlucky, but actually I don't really mind having to replace the KH, because I got a TON of fun out of riding the first one, and if the second one lasts as long, I've still only invested 1/3 the cost of my fancy road bicycle, so meh...

...oh, and I should also mention that I weigh 190lbs, which prolly doesn't help.
                    Last edited by YooNeeNoob; 2018-08-10, 03:01 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by YooNeeNoob View Post
                      ...oh, and I should also mention that I weigh 190lbs, which prolly doesn't help.
                      Uni's should be able to withstand 190lbs. I weigh only 1kg less (6.2ft - 186cm) My unis have been supporting me just fine. Also when hopping.

Comment

• Idling on the G29 with my feet magnetized to the pedals so my dad can photograph the new bottle cage setup (Stolen without any mercy from Eric) What could go wrong?

“It is well known that a vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history.”

Comment

• Found a couple of Manchester's new bee sculptures! They're so colourful

There's apparently a third one that's a small baby in this park somewhere but I couldn't find it. I think it might have inside the (very busy) cafe.

“It is well known that a vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Piece Maker View Post
                            ... the new bottle cage setup (Stolen without any mercy from Eric) What could go wrong?
                            Nice to see others with this setup. how do you like it?
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180811_150947_4_web.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	547.6 KB
ID:	2460964
                            Einradfahren in Sachsen:
                            einradsachsen.com
                            f/EinradSachsen
                            07.06.2020: Europamarathon

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric aus Chemnitz View Post
                              Nice to see others with this setup. how do you like it?
                              It was an absolute nightmare to set up, mainly due to the screws the actual bottle cages seemingly not being long enough (as the M-Wave two-bottle adaptor thingy has a big screw in the middle that caused the cages to stick up proud of their screw holes a bit).

It's pretty awesome though. I UPD'ed forward yesterday and a bottle fell out, but aside from that I've not had any bottle rockets when hopping or going over giant bumps or anything. The weight is low and central so doesn't upset my balance at all.

I much prefer it to a Camelbak! I'm trying to move away from having anything on my back at all as it makes my back really uncomfortable for really long rides. I might have to stick to a small backpack for carrying tools and bananas, but at least the heavy 2L of water isn't in there!

Comment

• Failed rolling mount ...Click image for larger version

Name:	B48D4FD9-1CBE-486E-BDCF-428A8A4DDADD.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	273.4 KB
ID:	2460966
                                ————————————
                                I own: Quax 20“ / KH 27,5 / KH 20 / Nimbus Hatchet 26x4,8
                                I‘d like to have also: KH 24+Schlumpf, Nimbus 24“ ultimate
                                I‘ll never try: Freewheeling (too dangerous), g36 (too fast), giraffes (too tall)

Comment

Working...
                                X