Pictures of your latest ride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 5rise View Post
    7 weeks into training and this was my first ride "in the wild".
    4-5 miles, early morning, very quiet.
    Progress aided enormously by reading and re-reading posts on here.
    Lovely! The world is your playground now.

Comment

• Originally posted by LargeEddie View Post
      Lovely! The world is your playground now.
      yeah and ur Nimbus 29" is a great uni, my fave, which I ride several times a week. Great for both paved and unpaved roads.

Comment

• I started with a club 24" muni, then couldn't resist a 26" Nimbus which appeared on eBay, so started to also practice on that as well - keeping the 24" in the boot (of car) for lunchtime practice sessions in the park near work and the 26" for morning/evening sessions. Thinking of the types of routes available to me, I knew I would need something a bit bigger for longer/flatter routes but I'd never be too far from a hill so got the 29" Oracle (well, it was my birthday! ) and yes, I love it.

I think most of my riding will be on the 26" & 29" depending on the terrain and I'll keep the 24" for the lunchtime practice sessions, now focussing on specific skills like freemounting, idling, hopping etc.

The only freemount I can currently do is the tiregrab method, which although I'm grateful that it's allowed me to roam free away from walls and posts etc., on wet days, I discovered all the mud from the tyre is on the glove and then seems to get everywhere else!

Can't wait to get more proficient and become more relaxed.

Comment

4-5 miles, early morning, very quiet.
          Progress aided enormously by reading and re-reading posts on here.
          Welcome to the real world

And I stumbled upon 3 other unicyclists on my commute yesterday. Funny for both sides
          http://vooni.kkdt.org My unicycling adventures including RomUni ride.

Comment

• Nice one!

I live on an island, the population is not tiny but is not huge either so haven't bumped into any others unicyclists whilst on the road/trails yet.. Funnyly enough when I was learning to Unicycle there was a young fellow few doors down that was unicycling around the neighbourhood.. Once I mastered the unicycle, enough to get out of my backyard, he disappeared (not too be seen again).

On the other hand I wouldn't be surprised if suddenly unicycling takes off big time, becomes a really big fashion and unicylists are to be seen everywhere!

Comment

• Spring in our city!
              Attached Files

Comment

• Hey guys!
                Long time since I've been on here, but I thought it was about time I posted a pic of my latest ride... which was actually back in March. It was a lovely Friday morning, the day before my 30th birthday, just out for a short ride to meet my dad (who can also ride) for a coffee in a local cafe.

I can't believe this thread has over 10,500 posts, and over 15,890,000 views! I love seeing the photos of riders from all over the world. Keep them coming!
                Attached Files
                VoodooUnicycles.Com - Extreme Unicycle Display Team

Comment

• Originally posted by joe View Post
                  Hey guys!
                  Long time since I've been on here, but I thought it was about time I posted a pic of my latest ride... which was actually back in March. It was a lovely Friday morning, the day before my 30th birthday, just out for a short ride to meet my dad (who can also ride) for a coffee in a local cafe.

I can't believe this thread has over 10,500 posts, and over 15,890,000 views! I love seeing the photos of riders from all over the world. Keep them coming!

Thanks for posting joe. Nice to see you have some sun back again. Is that Shields (Roman Fort) in the distance and Tynemouth pier?

Comment

• Originally posted by prozac View Post
                    Thanks for posting joe. Nice to see you have some sun back again. Is that Shields (Roman Fort) in the distance and Tynemouth pier?
                    Nice photos. Looks like Tynemouth Castle and Priory in the distance. The Tynemouth pier to the left is beyond that.

Comment

• Never trust GPS

Comment

• Originally posted by JimT View Post
                        Nice photos. Looks like Tynemouth Castle and Priory in the distance. The Tynemouth pier to the left is beyond that.
                        Hi prozac, Jim is correct that's Tynemouth Priory and Tynemouth Pier.
                        We had a little bit of sun although it wasn't warm. Forecast is starting to improve now.

Have either of you been to the area?
                        I'm hoping to get out more next week.
                        VoodooUnicycles.Com - Extreme Unicycle Display Team

Comment

• City centre in view

Comment

• Originally posted by joe View Post
                            Hi prozac, Jim is correct that's Tynemouth Priory and Tynemouth Pier.
                            We had a little bit of sun although it wasn't warm. Forecast is starting to improve now.

Have either of you been to the area?
                            I'm hoping to get out more next week.
                            No, I have not been there in person, just visited the area on Goggle maps.
                            Jim

Comment

That water picture is beautiful! It could be used in an ad, or for a motivational poster about Zen or something.

Originally posted by Blaznee View Post
                              Never trust GPS
                              I know what you mean. Here's something in a similar vein, from my Things not to do page (#33).
                              John Foss
                              www.unicycling.com

"Who is going to argue with a mom who can ride a unicycle?" -- Forums member "HiMo"

Comment

• [QUOTE=johnfoss;1695228]That water picture is beautiful! It could be used in an ad, or for a motivational poster about Zen or something.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X