No announcement yet.

Pictures of your latest ride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The weather was finally dry enough to get the GUni out! Me and dad went for a spin round a country park with some weird bits of industrial history.

Here's me stood with a weird single-wheeled thing with some odd geared mechanisms hidden within it... Oh, and my Schlumpf 29er too

And no, my beard is not as big as it looks in this picture, honest
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Piece Maker; 2018-01-26, 09:45 PM.
    “It is well known that a vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history.”

Comment

• One year ago, northwestern Montana. I made several journeys of a couple of miles over packed snow with no ice, up and down fairly steep slopes, and almost never had a UPD. Once or twice I even managed to stay on when my wheel spun out! Not sure I could have done this on a bicycle, but then again, I probably wouldn't have tried.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Took my neglected 26” out for a spin today, but after riding my 36er almost exclusively the 26 just feels slow, awkward, uncomfortable and... boring? Guess I’m a 36er addict.
        Attached Files
        Unicycling is the fountain of youth.

Comment

• @Song: Are you seriously riding in shorts? Is there any weather that would make you wear long clothing top AND bottom?
          ————————————
          I own: Quax 20“ / KH 27,5 / KH 20 / Nimbus Hatchet 26x4,8
          I‘d like to have also: KH 24+Schlumpf, Nimbus 24“ ultimate
          I‘ll never try: Freewheeling (too dangerous), g36 (too fast), giraffes (too tall)

Comment

• My general guideline is that as long as the temperature is above 20 F (-6 C), I wear shorts. For climbing steep hills, as I was about to do in the photo above, I think even a little colder than that would be OK. You really get very warm.

Comment

• You're nuts. I barely wear shorts even in the summer, I can't stand the feeling of even slightly cold calves
              “It is well known that a vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history.”

Comment

• What? You mean your calves don't burn when you ride a unicycle? You must be doing something wrong.

Oh well, here's another photo taken right after a UPD, from a ride in the same area, but a couple of miles uphill.
                Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by song View Post
                  Oh well, here's another photo taken right after a UPD, from a ride in the same area, but a couple of miles uphill.
                  Do you burn up from scraping the tarmac after your UPDs? Then I can understand why you want to wear shorts.

Comment

• Originally posted by song View Post
                    My general guideline is that as long as the temperature is above 20 F (-6 C), I wear shorts.
                    I'm with you on this. Knees and calves are the last part of me to get cold, and pant legs rub on the frame tubes even more than my bare calves do.

Comment

• I always ride in cycling tights, long when below 60F. No probs with hitting the frame ever!
                      ————————————
                      I‘ll never try: Freewheeling (too dangerous), g36 (too fast), giraffes (too tall)

Comment

• Cold (10 F) morning ride in Maine on my 26 inch Hatchet. I actually ended up ditching the hatchet after only a mile. It wasn't working too well on the uneven dirt road covered with snow. Just too much self steering and I could not get the valve cap off to put in more air. Possibly frozen. I switched to my 26 inch Nimbus with a studded tire and did several more miles.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Out For a Ride with a Freind

Myself and a friend out for a ride in Scotland a few weeks back. She bought a Mini-Penny on a whim, when I bought my first uni. This is the first time that we have ridden together.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Just before the off......
                            Attached Files

Comment

• That’s so cool! Got to get my wife one, too!
                              ————————————

Comment

• Originally posted by Onewheelhenni View Post
                                That’s so cool! Got to get my wife one, too!
                                My mate loves hers. She looks very graceful on it.

Comment

Working...
                                X