Pictures of your latest ride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More SeomJinGang Tiny tours

Well I did finish the whole river course, over five separate days.... Other people come down from Seoul, ride half on Saturday and finish and go home on Sunday. I'm obviously not that good.
    To get to my starting points I took trains and went home on buses! I tried to get started as early as possible as we were getting 30+ temperatures by 11 o'clock and I don't go well in hot weather... Cycle paths don't have much shade
    Interesting things, I went over a bridge that was under water, only about 20cm at the deepest and I came off and walked most of it! I rode through an old railway tunnel and have now ridden over more road bridges than I ever expected. Still not that happy riding on roads but most of the course is a dedicated cycle path. One checkpoint is not at the location shown on the map and I wasted two hours riding looking for it...
    I've got lots of photos of checkpoints and train stations
    I discovered that it isn't a good idea to have a camera in the pack with bottles of frozen drink, condensation problems with the lens...
    Attached Files
    Last edited by krjames; 2016-08-11, 02:06 PM.
    "If something is too hard to do, then it's not worth doing. You just stick that guitar in the closet next to your shortwave radio, your karate outfit and your unicycle and we'll go inside and watch TV."
    — Homer Simpson
    Haven't got the karate suit

Comment

• Thanks for the write-up and photos, krjames. I'll be paying more attention to your posts from now on, since they say the next Unicon will be there in South Korea. The more advance info the better! (I would like to attend that one, and have never been to one before.)
      "I'm a unicyclist. I make my own reality."

Comment

• My friend and I haven't ridden our unicycles the past few years. After a long time riding our mountainbikes we felt the urge to dust off our uni's though .

http://imgur.com/a/i262L
        Last edited by Ben_Ceyssens; 2016-08-13, 02:47 PM.

Comment

• A few photos from this weekend at UPDx 2016.
          Attached Files

Comment

• A bunch of photos from last Unicon:
            https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=16dd9b59ba
            The album is public so you should be able to take a look even without facebook account.
            http://vooni.kkdt.org My unicycling adventures including RomUni ride.

Comment

• Mackinaw adventure

I got to drop off my oldest for girl scout camp on Mackinac island. Brought my 29 along to ride with the family. This was the first my wife hase been on a bike in a couple years. It was a nice steady cruise for all of us. I didn't slow them down at all!

The following day was just hanging around the campground so I spoke to a Ranger about some trails. He told me I could ride where ever a car could go .
              But he did tell me of some two tracks I could check out .

This was just what I needed! I chose an 8 mile loop. It had some boggy areas which I walked through. Some sandy areas, which I rode about 3/4 of. And some had pretty steep inclines which suprised myself that I could tackle about 80% of them with my 127mm crank setting! The great thing about the trail is that every time I upd, I landed in either sand or pine needles! Quite the workout! My average speed came down to 6mph from my 9.5 flat track.

I only have pics from the island that my wife took. I didn't want to take a chance of wreaking my camera on the "off road adventure".
              Attached Files
              24"X5'4" giraffe made from child's bike
              24"X7' giraffe made from 1/2" conduit
              24" URC fatty
              32" Nimbus Oracle

Comment

• Originally posted by vookash View Post
                A bunch of photos from last Unicon:
                https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=16dd9b59ba
                The album is public so you should be able to take a look even without facebook account.
                Thanks for sharing your photos. I didn't take enough. Love the one of Noli.

Comment

• Leo was passing through from Washington DC. My son and I joined him for a ride around Peaks Island - an easy ferry ride from Portland, Maine. Not many cars, but a lot of golf carts - the chosen mode of transport on an island. It was the height of the tourist season! Really enjoyable and thanks to Leo for getting us out there. It has been too many years since I have been on the island.

This is my favorite photo of the ride. Someone who doesn't know us posted this photo with the caption:

"Three unicyclists wait to board the ferry. Just another Saturday on Peaks".

Somebody we know saw it and tagged us.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Jigywigy; 2016-08-22, 11:44 AM.

Comment

• Mallorca

Brought my Muni with me on the Family vacation on Mallorca.
                    Attached Files
                    Wo is zweite Rad?

Comment

• A change of scenery for me. Went on holiday and threw my uni in at the last minute. Glad I did!
                      Attached Files
                      Unicycling is the fountain of youth.

Comment

• Road trip in Guangzhou,CN

Big wheel road trip yesterday in Guangzhou,China (seven 36er & two 29er)
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Been too long since riding the GUni!

Click image for larger version

Name:	gdrop.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	312.6 KB
ID:	2458438

Name:	g1.jpg
Size:	344.0 KB
ID:	2458439

Name:	g4.jpg
Size:	356.3 KB
ID:	2458440
                          Happy Birthday Terry! Every year you get cooler, younger and unicyclier!
                          Be our muniprohpet for many years more.
                          -Dani Buron

Website
                          Videos
                          Facebook

Comment

• showin' off the Thompson post... I see what you did there : P looks like a fun foggy ride.
                            Steel is real! => I ride a Nimbus!

Comment

• Lately I have been riding the fire roads and some hidden single track at a local park near home. Thought this would make a good picture at the trailhead of one of the hiking paths I love to ride. A unicycle in MN is not classified as a bicycle.
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Rode about 30 KM going through 3 large cities in Israel yesterday.
                                Ended up discovering a small park with statues that seem to have been influenced by Kris Holm...
                                I couldn't help it and attached my KH Guni (29er) to one of the figures and here is the result

Comment

Working...
                                X