No announcement yet.

Pictures of your latest ride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First day of winter near Launceston, Tasmania. What better way to enjoy it than an initial outing on a newly built KH 700c Schlumpf Unicycle.

Hope you all like it
    Many thanks to Peter at municycle.com.au

Yes there was a moment when i was scared taking this photo. I looked at the 100m drop into the deep cold Dam water and thought....
    "How would i ever retrieve my Uni out of there...?"

But there wasnt a drop of wind
    Attached Files

Comment

• Now that is a true road unicycle.
      My youtube channel:CANMOREUNIPRODUCTIONS

Visit municycle.ca for all your unicycle needs

Comment

• View from training spot near to my home

Well balanced person
        My Facebook page

Comment

• Originally posted by muni tasmania View Post
          First day of winter near Launceston, Tasmania. What better way to enjoy it than an initial outing on a newly built KH 700c Schlumpf Unicycle.

Hope you all like it

Yes there was a moment when i was scared taking this photo. I looked at the 100m drop into the deep cold Dam water and thought....
          "How would i ever retrieve my Uni out of there...?"

But there wasnt a drop of wind
          That is one of the coolest uni's ever! With a Schlumpf, it'd really be the perfect road ride!
          "I used to watch Highway Patrol whittlin' with my knife..." - NY

Comment

• Originally posted by Killian View Post
            That is one of the coolest uni's ever! With a Schlumpf, it'd really be the perfect road ride!
            It has a schlumpf.

Comment

• Yeah I know. I've seen some other 700c uni's that were direct and in my opinion, they wouldn't have been a whole lot of fun, but with a schlupmf, that's gotta be the perfect ride.

Comment

• Dog won't fetch unicycle

This is the second unicycle I've baptized on this trail - it runs right along the river getting very close to the 3 or so foot drop into the water.

I guess a little too close :-)

Sam
                Attached Files

Comment

• muni tasmania- do you mind me asking what a beautiful machine like that cost?

Heres from another Continental Divide crossing, must colder yesterday and fresh snow on the road.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Since it's schulmpfed my guess is about $2500, Mike.

Comment

• Glad you guys like the 700c Guni

Well here in AUS a Schlumpf is $1600 at the moment, down from $1700 and i rather not add up what it all cost but it does blow your $2500 Estimation sorry but not by too much. Ok a little. Its closer to $3k

Sold 3 uni'ss and a sworks tarmac to fund it... with no regrets
                      And after riding it i would do it again and again. Its fun, the build and ride. Much more comfy than a 2 wheeled 700c.

It rolls on a 700x28c tyre in a KH 26 Frame and seems to all hold together well so far and rim is staying true. Its only about 10km old still.

Inspired by all the Gunis out there and few fixie 700c unis in Google images i had a dream and this is what i came up with. Just needs a FlatFish off Pete but thats about another $200NZD. Worth it indeed but i am only a Cleaner unfortunately
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Back to the topic sorry!

Home Sweet home again

KH26 in Launceston, Tasmania - Trevallyn Dam Reserve

Ignore the sign but there are many Bike Tracks purpose built in the area. As theyre are everywhere in the State.

And who said somewhere it always rains in Tassie?? I beg to differ...

Happy Trails!
                        Attached Files

Comment

• You oughta just flatten the seat that's on it. It'd save you a little bit. Though on a 3K unicycle, why not go all the way? You mentioned the rim staying true, do you expect to have issues with that due to the narrowness? Just curious is all...

Man, before I die, I gotta build one like that.

Okay, now back on topic.

Mike, you're an animal! Can't wait till I can ride like that!
                          Last edited by Killian; 2013-06-03, 04:21 AM.

Comment

• Muni Tasmania, looks precious and it definitely attracts more attention than road bikes. What are the speeds achieved?
                            Mike, as usual, your climbs are making me humble. I just thought about climbing 1km from Vaduz to Elsbet place, but I not realized that and you casually write about twice that much.
                            All the others, please keep the photos coming, it's great to see all the places and it's really encouraging.

Okay, back to the topic. Some photos of our last 3 day trip, 158km of self-(for me almost as Ania is carying most of the things)-supported riding in rain and sun. Great time and I'm very happy that we were able to cover 50km distance three days in a row and there would be another day if the weather would not scare us out of there. More (much) writing and photos as usual on http://www.romuni.eu/
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by vookash; 2013-06-03, 10:37 AM.
                            http://vooni.kkdt.org My unicycling adventures including RomUni ride.

Comment

• [QUOTE=muni tasmania;1587723]First day of winter near Launceston, Tasmania. What better way to enjoy it than an initial outing on a newly built KH 700c Schlumpf Unicycle.

Hope you all like it

Very interesting! What is the size of the rotor? Shimano brake system?

Comment

• Hi Killian
                                yes the narrow wheel has some unconscious part of the brain thinking a uni has more than a simple revolution force being applied and most uni rims are what 40mm+...

Timoteusmunk
                                you may be able to tell the rotor is Avid 203mm or 200mm i think avid call it and this ride has a XO lever and caliper squeezing it very softly

Believe or or not the KH slim on it i had flattened it so flat i got that bump the foam tends to show, but after 2 rides i got a bit of this banana thing return again in the front despite the aero bar and Kh tour bar weight hanging off there. Heat gun treated saddle didnt live to my expectations very long sadly. Speaking of sadly If anyone isnt riding a flat saddle buy one off Pete soon or flatten your KH now. 110% best thing you will ever do to your Uni's

Keep the Ride Pics rolling in! Some great places and rigs shown right here. Its awesome to see

Comment

Working...
                                X