No announcement yet.

Pictures of your latest ride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beautiful day for a ride around Navajo lake in Southern Utah.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Pipeline Muni, Millcreek Canyon, SCL, UT, USA; 7/9/10

Here are a couple of shots from last Friday's ride on the Pipeline Trail up Millcreek Canyon, on the outskirts of Salt Lake City. "DDF" and I were joined by our esteemed guest, "Scott Ttocs," from Irvine, Cali. It was great fun to meet an "outtastater" and show him some of our favorite local muni trails. I see that Scott went on to do some riding in Southern Utah before heading back to Cali (see previous post). Wish I could have joined him ... but I'm looking forward to riding with him (or any other others passing through, or living here) any time in the future. Thanks for a fun morning on the trails Scott!

Cheers,

UPD in Utah

Photos: The first shot is of Scott at the start of a steep bit. (It's a bit steeper than it looks, and he styled it on his KH29). The second shot is of him whizzing by. (Sorry you're so blurry Scott, but you were movin' man). The third shot is of DDF whizzing by on his NB24, and about to run into a huge leaf -- Ouch! The fourth shot is of me on my NB24 looking down at the semi-gnarly bit. (Yeah, I know, "semi-gnarly" might be a bit of an exaggeration.) And the final shot is that "smile of relief and joy" that only comes from Muni!
      Attached Files
      Last edited by UPD in Utah; 2010-07-15, 04:22 AM.

Comment

• I managed to have some spare time during a summer camp in Saas Grund in which i was cooking, so i took the cable car up to hohsaas (3200m) from where a wonderful downhill started.

even if being that high still meaned walking a bit in snow...

my pictures
        my vids

Comment

• Hey UPD in Utah,

It was great fun to ride with you. Thank you for showing me a nice trail, and let me know if you get to SoCal.

Scott

Comment

• Originally posted by aspenmike View Post
            Monarch Crest IMO. but Kenosha is a very close second, especially if going all the way to Breck. which is a shuttle ride. I am available in that August timeframe for sure.

Sweet! I will look forward to riding Monarch Crest with you and Mark. I saw it was rated one of the best singletracks in the country, and I have been itching to do it ever since I moved here.
            -James

Comment

• Originally posted by osmundo View Post
              We rode between copper mountain resort and camp hale. I really want to ride between kenosha pass and breckenridge next (weekend?). The window to ride that high is short.
              I gotta get back to to CO for some bluesky days and ride with you two!
              Ro

Comment

• 107 Miles Saturday

A big day last Saturday. My third century. Worked on hills Sunday. Feeling a little behind the curve for the STP and I know it , but it may happen for me. Going to roll out for it no matter and have fun. You gotta believe in something, so I am going to believe in myself and it may be that I cross the finish line in Portland.
                Attached Files
                "Give someone a bike and they may travel efficiently, but teach someone to unicycle and they can feed the soul for the rest of their life."

Comment

• Nice looking rig Straightarrow! Give us some detailed shots.

Geoff
                  monocycle monstrosity

Mustn't sleep! Clowns will eat me!

Comment

• Tailwind along Harlech Beach, Wales.

Recently got back on the 36 after recovery from pelvis damage. My place of work overlooks the beach - so no point in missing out on a bit of sand, sea and wind to blow away the cobwebs.
                    Attached Files
                    1 wheel, 1 day, 100 miles, 64 years...

Comment

• hahah you definitely don't look 61
                      Best of Me

18:21 Stillstand
                      255 foot railride

Comment

• Originally posted by DSchmitt View Post
                        hahah you definitely don't look 61
                        Hey Hombre! There are so many comments on these forums about the unicycling expertise of talented unicyclists. So at my age it is nice to hear compliments about my age! - let alone any unicycle skills Thanks - and here's one for the 55+ group:

"Nobody grows old merely by living a number of years. We grow old by deserting our ideals. Years may wrinkle the skin, but to give up enthusiasm wrinkles the soul." Samuel Ullman
                        1 wheel, 1 day, 100 miles, 64 years...

Comment

• Cropped screenshot of a trials line I was filming today.

Videos:
                          Tr1alz
                          2rialz
                          Street 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by monocyclism View Post
                            Recently got back on the 36 after recovery from pelvis damage. My place of work overlooks the beach - so no point in missing out on a bit of sand, sea and wind to blow away the cobwebs.
                            Good to see you back up and riding, Geoff. I hope the pelvis repairs are working out.

Cheers,
                            Eoin

Comment

• Latest ride to Steak n Shake...

Rode to my current favorite riding area near the Mall of Georgia (miles of sidewalks and paved and unpaved trails nearby) on my Goldwing with my 36er ziptied to the passenger seat. Instead of driving my 15 mpg Suburban to where I want to ride, the Goldwing gets about 40 mpg, and is funner to drive. I do get some strange looks...but that's life with a unicycle.
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	Goldwing and 36er.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	2429277

I went in to Steak and Shake near the end of the ride for a drink, and these six cute girls came up and asked if they could take some pictures with me. Of course I was happy to oblige, and then a few of them tried to sit on it to see what it was like. Also one of the waiters came out and said he could ride it, but ended up he was only joking. It was a great ride though, and fun to get some involvement from some spectators.
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	Girls and 36er at Steak n Shake.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	2429278
                              www.rideforgary.com Fundraiser to help victims of paralysis. My brother Gary passed-away in May, 2011 from complications due to his paralysis.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRhino View Post
                                Rode to my current favorite riding area near the Mall of Georgia (miles of sidewalks and paved and unpaved trails nearby) on my Goldwing with my 36er ziptied to the passenger seat. Instead of driving my 15 mpg Suburban to where I want to ride, the Goldwing gets about 40 mpg, and is funner to drive. I do get some strange looks...but that's life with a unicycle.
                                [ATTACH]42733[/ATTACH]

I went in to Steak and Shake near the end of the ride for a drink, and these six cute girls came up and asked if they could take some pictures with me. Of course I was happy to oblige, and then a few of them tried to sit on it to see what it was like. Also one of the waiters came out and said he could ride it, but ended up he was only joking. It was a great ride though, and fun to get some involvement from some spectators.
                                [ATTACH]42734[/ATTACH]
                                OH, the burdens of being a unicyclist All these cute girls swarming around you!

EDIT- And one boy
                                Last edited by Jagster; 2010-07-17, 12:40 AM.
                                Male Expert Junior Trials - 1st :: Uninats 2010
                                Member of SA'll Good You mad coz I be stylin'?
                                Need a new tyre??

"Its not because things are difficult that we don't dare; it's because we don't dare that things are difficult."

Comment

Working...
                                X