No announcement yet.

Pictures of your latest ride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recent hill climb with Stevyo. Up about 1200ft in 5 miles, including a brutal push up a hill known as 'pinnacle'.

Here's Steveyo finishing Pinnacle.

Here's us at the start of our ride. I'm on a 36er guni and Steve on a 29er guni. The gears were fun on the down hill.

a few more picts up here.

And ride stats from the GPS here.

Comment

• Originally posted by rolandisimo View Post
      Recent hill climb with Stevyo. Up about 1200ft in 5 miles, including a brutal push up a hill known as 'pinnacle'.
      Don't sell us short, Ro. It's a 1400' gain. What a pleasure to have the guni on the descent. Last time we pedaled our legs off down the hill. This time it was just a comfy (fast) cruise. Also, Ro didn't mention, but over half the descent was off road. Fun, fun, fun.
      Last edited by steveyo; 2009-08-03, 11:43 AM.
      steveyo
      ...like having your own personal rollercoaster...

- a few uni race write-ups
      - muni and kokopelli uni t-shirts, mugs and stickers

Comment

• Start of the Skyride Manchester Velodrome Bike Ride. Quotations invited for what the couple in the photo are saying about the unicycle.
        Attached Files
        1 wheel, 1 day, 100 miles, 64 years...

Comment

• "Shall we tell him with a pensioner's discount he can probably afford the whole thing?"

Originally posted by aspenmike View Post
          working towards 4,000 meters
          Mike, you must have lungs the size of Kansas!
          Three short Gs and a long E-flat™ - UniHoki
          If I'm Murdered, Don't Execute My Killer.
          harper
          MikeFule Seager BluntRM
          NAMASTE!
          Dave

Comment

• Originally posted by monocyclism View Post
            Start of the Skyride Manchester Velodrome Bike Ride. Quotations invited for what the couple in the photo are saying about the unicycle.
            lol That's great.

"Is this the opposite of seeing double?"
            Last edited by Biggestbtc; 2009-08-03, 02:37 PM.
            ~Benjamin
            ><>Unicycle For Christ<><

No matter how great your triumphs or how tragic your defeats, approximately one billion Chinese couldn't care less.

Comment

Quotations invited for what the couple in the photo are saying about the unicycle.
              "That's unusual - Nimbus 36ers are usually light blue"

Nice pic. Did they actually ask you anything in the end? - they do look very interested...

Oh, and Aspen Mike - you're making us all very jealous. Amazing views as always.

Rob
              "Hedgehogs - why can't they just share the hedge?" (Dan Antopolski)

"I would absolutely recommend a 29er to anyone who didn't prefer a larger or small wheel." (Mikefule)

Comment

Quotations invited for what the couple in the photo are saying about the unicycle.
                "Say, Doris, that Nightrider tyre doesn't half pick up the sheep poo"

STM

Comment

• Originally posted by rob.northcott View Post
                  Did they actually ask you anything in the end? - they do look very interested...

Rob

Thank's for the laughs guys for all the contributions.

Oh yeah, they were sure interested. I could hear a low pitched discussion going on behind me and when I turned around they wanted to know if I was going to ride it, did I make it - and the brake seemed to particularly take their fancy - "Wow, it's even got a brake Doris"
                  1 wheel, 1 day, 100 miles, 64 years...

Comment

• some pictures from my last ride. A lot of the pictures I have that are any good aren't of me riding but here's some with unicycles. NAUCC 09!!

BUY MY SHIRTS AND STUFF
                    WATCH MY VIDEOS
                    Uniman Comics
                    Original Thread for Uniman
                    Sigged Quotes

Comment

• Cool, those pictures makes me remember when I played "Flaming Puck Hockey" last summer at OUI'08. It was really fun, I only hit one person
                      Jakob F.

Comment

• Flaming puck hockey got rained out at Naucc this year! I was so sad!
                        BUY MY SHIRTS AND STUFF
                        WATCH MY VIDEOS
                        Uniman Comics
                        Sigged Quotes

Comment

• Too bad, Flaming Puck Hockey is so fun! Now I want to see some pictures from OUI'08, I'm gonna take a look on Google
                          Jakob F.

Comment

• I like that the boards for long jump (i'm assuming that's what they are for) are only 8 feet long

... second picture.

Originally posted by Ducttape View Post
                            some pictures from my last ride. A lot of the pictures I have that are any good aren't of me riding but here's some with unicycles. NAUCC 09!!

><> Unicycle For Christ <><
                            MY VIDEOS
                            World Record
                            94cm Highest Hop (rolling)
                            308cm Longest Hop (10 feet)
                            210cm Static Flat Gap

Comment

• Originally posted by skrobo View Post
                              I like that the boards for long jump (i'm assuming that's what they are for) are only 8 feet long

... second picture.
                              They look longer than 8 feet to me. Many hardware stores sell 10' or 12' lumber.

Comment

• Originally posted by crazyjoe View Post
                                They look longer than 8 feet to me. Many hardware stores sell 10' or 12' lumber.
                                I'm fairly sure they were about 10' I can't remember how many cm were marked out on them but I think it was close to 350-ish.
                                BUY MY SHIRTS AND STUFF
                                WATCH MY VIDEOS
                                Uniman Comics
                                Sigged Quotes

Comment

Working...
                                X