Role call for Unicyclist still looking for RTL teammates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Role call for Unicyclist still looking for RTL teammates

RTL is coming up soon and some unicyclist still don't have a team.

Raise your hand if you have qualified for Ride the Lobster and don't have team mates.

I recently qualified and looking for team mates for Ride the Lobster
    Last edited by legtod2; 2008-04-26, 10:18 AM.
    Terry Fox & Trish Crandall...
    my inspiration in life.

I don't know how high your chances are of getting a team this late in the game. The RTL commitie has already capped off the number of teams getting in and only letting those who have already started or finished the registering in. Even with that, only 34 of the 35 teams that were registering will be allowed in.

So the only chance I would see would be if a team somehow lost one of it's riders due to unforseen circumstances and were in real need of one.

Comment

Spare qualified rider available

I'm available to RTL teams should you suffer the loss of a team mate.

It would appear that I'm late in the game to assemble a team for the event.

Good luck to all teams and hope everyone enjoys the event.

I'm fully qualified and prepared for the event
      my inspiration in life.

Comment

Originally posted by legtod2
        RTL is coming up soon and some unicyclist still don't have a team.

Raise your hand if you have qualified for Ride the Lobster and don't have team mates.

I recently qualified and looking for team mates for Ride the Lobster
        Dustin Schaap and Sander Glazenburg from the Netherlands were planning to have a third team member "assigned to them" via the RTL organisation. I'll email Dustin and ask what the status is.

Comment

Heya,

My team's missing a support person if anyone's interested.
          -------------------------------
          Team-Uni:: Unicycle Shop and Workshops
          http://www.team-uni.com

Colorfully Constipated Stories
          http://www.ipooprainbows.com

Comment

I've qualified but don't see RTL happening for me this year and thus I never got a team together or joined anyone else's. But as we get close to game time I suppose it's worth putting it out there that there are "spare riders" available

Comment

RTL back-up riders

While it is not possible to know WHAT shit will happen, we KNOW that some shit will happen. Legtod, and others who do not yet have teams:
              Go to www.ridethelobster.com, go to "race", go to "teams" and you will have access to e-mail and other contact information for teams. I'm guessing that, because shit happens, opportunities will present themselves. It is true that the RTL has hit a limit ( 34 teams) but for sure when you have 112 riders for an event at least 5% will for one reason or another not be able to make it. Take two hours and send a letter of intent to all qualified teams. You can find these through the splash page and then "race" and then on to "teams", which links you to what you need. Legtods, don't give up. You will get a team, just be first in line.

Best, wobble on.
              william
              Last edited by ridethelobster2008; 2008-04-27, 04:07 PM.
              A Nova Scotia rider.

Comment

Originally posted by ridethelobster2008
                Go to www.ridethelobster.com, go to "race", go to "teams" and you will have access to e-mail and other contact information for teams. I'm guessing that, because s**t happens, opportunities will present themselves. It is true that the RTL has hit a limit ( 34 teams) but for sure when you have 112 riders for an event at least 5% will for one reason or another not be able to make it. Take two hours and send a letter of intent to all qualified teams. You can find these through the splash page and then "race" and then on to "teams", which links you to what you need. ...
                william
                So, William...

Is legtod going to be able to find ALL the teams this way. If so, I'm looking in the wrong spot, since I only see 13 teams on that page. My team, which is fully registered, is not on the teams page.

I've gone there about ten times a day for the last three weeks or so to check.
                steveyo
                ...like having your own personal rollercoaster...

- a few uni race write-ups
                - muni and kokopelli uni t-shirts, mugs and stickers

Comment

Originally posted by steveyo
                  I only see 13 teams on that page.
                  I wondered the same thing, except that I'm not in an RTL team.

And now that I'm in wondering mode: I remember when RTL was first announced, it was stated that teams would carry state-of-the-art GPS devices, such that the race could be followed live on an online map. Is this still on?
                  Last edited by Klaas Bil; 2008-04-28, 04:28 AM.

Comment

What ever it takes!!!!!!

I'll do what ever it takes to to ride in this event.

I've trained hard for this event.

Since I've already booked off my vaction for the event I plan on being there on race day with all my equipment, just in case.

Also I'm taking my motorcycle for a ride on the course routes in May.

Since Sh*t does happen (As William Says) both boisei and I could both still attend.

I don't want to be a support person because I've trained too hard to ride the event, not drive it.
                    my inspiration in life.

Comment

Hey, man: here's the deal.

Originally posted by steveyo
                      So, William...

Is legtod going to be able to find ALL the teams this way. If so, I'm looking in the wrong spot, since I only see 13 teams on that page. My team, which is fully registered, is not on the teams page.

I've gone there about ten times a day for the last three weeks or so to check.

Good question, and here's the answer:
                      Andy (Cotter) and Nathan(Hoover) are handling registrations. They do not post "teams" until all prerequisites are finalized. Because I am part of the race planning team, I know that many teams are somewhere in the process. Andy and Nathan will not post a registered team until everything is finalized. Properly so.
                      Do not despair. Andy and Nathan know what they are doing. Take a breath, give our team a minute, and I will talk to legtod directly and cool it out.
                      Be well. from the right coast of Nova Scotia, where the sun, for some inexplicable reason, has deigned to shine today.
                      william
                      A Nova Scotia rider.

Comment

Yes, RTL will be GPS enabled.

Originally posted by Klaas Bil
                        I wondered the same thing, except that I'm not in an RTL team.

And now that I'm in wondering mode: I remember when RTL was first announced, it was stated that teams would carry state-of-the-art GPS devices, such that the race could be followed live on an online map. Is this still on?
                        Hey:
                        Yes, a local (global) information systems company ( BRITECH, Snynova Group) is providing amazing deep background support on the GPS. We will have online near real time coverage on a monitor near you. This is so cool. Brian Reid, president and CEO, is behind RTL completely. Great guy and right-now tech. No worries.

Best from the Bay of Fundy where the sun shines today, the seals are at play, and we need to do yard work.
                        william
                        Last edited by ridethelobster2008; 2008-04-28, 12:09 PM.
                        A Nova Scotia rider.

Comment

Whoohoo! Thanks for the update William.
                          Judging by your common experience with the weather in the Maritimes, would you say it is likely to rain all 5 days of the race?
                          Unicycle Dot Com Canada

Comment

There's no rain or water here

Contrary to popular beleive it does not rain in the maritimes.
                            As a matter of fact there's a water shortage in New Brunswick right now !

See this picture...Click image for larger version

Name:	water.bmp
Views:	1
Size:	206.5 KB
ID:	2415749

PS> Notice the water level is really low on this poor guy's front yard and highway 101 water level really low too.
                            Yup thats the St. John river right now on his front yard.
                            Last edited by legtod2; 2008-04-28, 03:08 PM.
                            my inspiration in life.

Comment

Weather or not? Chances are good.

Originally posted by lpounds
                              Whoohoo! Thanks for the update William.
                              Judging by your common experience with the weather in the Maritimes, would you say it is likely to rain all 5 days of the race?
                              Hey, man:
                              The middle of June in Nova Scotia? We are a rock in the ocean, the Gulf Stream just south of us and the jet stream overhead. Our weather in the past is OK for this time period, but let us face facts, any crazy shit can happen here. We even get hurricanes that start in North Africa, bulldoze through southern Florida and then race up through Hatteras ( North Carolina) and then smack us upside our heads. But mid-June should be calm enough. Though it will be bug season. And while we do not get the Biblical plague, such as they get, say, in Nunavut, it can be irritating. Bring bug juice, a gallon or so should do it.

With best regards from the right coast of Canada, where the weather changes as often as Brittney Spears on tour,
                              wobble on.
                              william
                              A Nova Scotia rider.

Comment

Working...
                              X