Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I LOVE the unicyclist community or the incredible story of my lost Coker!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I LOVE the unicyclist community or the incredible story of my lost Coker!!

It's a declaration of love!!

I wanted to say how much I'm happy to be part of this great community of unicyclists! I've been able to truly experience the mutual help that can exist within it. I'm sorry for those I was supposed to keep informed earlier, so now is the occasion...

I'm hugely grateful to 3 of its members :
    - 1st of all, Jure from Slovenia who lend me his brand new 36" so I was able to ride the 1000ish km of the MUT
    - Roger Davies who, from the beginning, helped me to deal with British Airways, then with the UK Police, eBay and the shipment...
    - Sean known as Into the blue on the forum who helped me for the auction on eBay and decided to buy my Coker for me!!!!!

but also to lots of others:
    - Tom Blackwood who helped me to deal with British Airways in order to be reimbursed (it worked even if it wasn't a full reimbursement)
    - his son who lent me is 36" for several rides
    - Zippedy Doo Da alias Christian Mettetal,who even gave me a bike, not a top quality one but really useful...
    - semach.the.monkey who told the unicyclist.com forum that a nice custom made Coker was on sale on eBay at a cheap price
    - Mike Scalisi who realized it was probably mine and told me right away
    - Kris Holm who lent me his totally new - not even on the market Geared Muni 29er during several weeks (lots of fun! except when my shoelace got caught, I had then to be more caution because of a sprained ankle)
    - Miark from unicycle.co.uk who saw my Coker on eBay the second time and told Roger.
    - Luke ClossI received it only few hours ago and I'm so so so happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Tomorrow I'll be able to ride the Critical Mass Ride in Vancouver with it (I got it just in time for that). I'll take the occasion to celebrate! 8 months and a half after!!!! It's crazy but right now I'm happy!!

Sorry it's a bit long and can understand that's it's a bit boring when the English is not perfect... but I told different people I was going to give news and tell them the whole story so I had to explain everything.

I love you, the unicyclist community!!

Originally posted by anso
    - semach.the.monkey who told the unicyclist.com forum that a nice custom made Coker was on sale on eBay at a cheap price
    Well, seeing it on eBay, with that description just rang alarm bells in my head, so without posting "Is this a stolen uni?" I wanted to let the community know.

It has surprised me that everything has taken so long to sort out, but I am really pleased that everything worked out ok at the end of the day.

(By the way, did you get any of the other stuff from your suitcase back?)

See you in Nova Scotia!

STM

Comment

Wow that is an epic story of loss and retrieval! Even better than the time pete66 left his unicycle at the dump. http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50147
      Take a squizz at my YouTube videos!

Comment

A heart warming story!
        How much did you have to "buy it back" off that cretin? Also the airport is to blame. Such a huge f*** up, but you still got it back.
        I think that I'll keep my nice unicycle closer to me from now on.

Comment

Do not use British Airways : on my way to Vancouver, my unicycle was 3 days delayed, on my way back... you know the story!
          Last edited by anso; 2008-02-29, 09:52 AM.

Comment

Last I heard this had been optioned to be made into a big budget Hollywood movie.
            The Jason Bourne films?
            Pah!
            Nothing on this!

I forgot to tell you Anso, but I put an extra bolt on your seat clamp which was a little loose, and I also popped a shim in there to tighten things up.

Glad you got it back.

(See if you can get Brad Pitt to play me in the movie. Failing that I'll settle for Johnny Vegas).

Comment

And there was us thinking you'd (ITB) got yourself a bargain airfoil coker!
              Nice story.

Rob
              "Hedgehogs - why can't they just share the hedge?" (Dan Antopolski)

"I would absolutely recommend a 29er to anyone who didn't prefer a larger or small wheel." (Mikefule)

Comment

Wow, what a great story. It just goes to show what a great bunch of people us unicyclists are.

Glad you got it back!

Edd
                www.stfulondon.co.uk

I guess it's just a good thing you didn't include the footage of us snorting cocaine from the thighs of prostitutes eh Edd. - Boogie

Comment

Originally posted by Into the blue
                  I forgot to tell you Anso, but I put an extra bolt on your seat clamp which was a little loose, and I also popped a shim in there to tighten things up.
                  Oh yeah, I was wondering who did that, thanks

And thank you so much so much so much!

Comment

What an awesome story An'so!

Good to hear it had a happy ending

Ken
                    Adventure Unicyclist

Alps 2 Ocean

Unistan: The Uzbekistan Unicycle Tour

Induni: The India Unicycle Tour

Monguni: The Mongolia Unicycle Tour

Comment

Great community

Pat on the back to all the contributors that aided in the return of the unicycle.

Its great to have an international community !!!!
                      Terry Fox & Trish Crandall...
                      my inspiration in life.

Comment

There's not enough darkness in all the world to extinguish the light of a single candle.
                        Let alone a bunch of candles.

Good job all.

Burning Candle Awards all round.
                        Last edited by GILD; 2008-02-29, 12:15 PM.
                        Three short Gs and a long E-flat™ - UniHoki
                        If I'm Murdered, Don't Execute My Killer.
                        harper
                        MikeFule Seager BluntRM
                        NAMASTE!
                        Dave

Comment

The internet is rife with rumours that Samuel Jackson will be playing the part of Roger in the upcoming Anso/Coker movie.

Is this true?

Comment

The internet is rife with rumours that Samuel Jackson will be playing the part of Roger in the upcoming Anso/Coker movie.

Is this true?
                            Apparently so.

There's also talk that the movie might be called 'Cokers on a Conveyor'.
                            Three short Gs and a long E-flat™ - UniHoki
                            If I'm Murdered, Don't Execute My Killer.
                            harper
                            MikeFule Seager BluntRM
                            NAMASTE!
                            Dave

Comment

Is this true?
                              I'd heard it was Peter Mayhew. Chewbacca

Anso, We better be seeing that 36'er at RTL now!

Comment

Working...
                              X