New Tire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Tire

i just get mine at a bike shop. just make sure that they have a high psi rating.
    like about 60 or so. a BMX tire is usually good becuase they do crazy stuff on
    their vehicles too.

Antonio

Re: New Tire

In article <34664E47.CC28D857@appl-142.resnet.tamu.edu>,
    bigdog@appl-142.resnet.tamu.edu says...
    [color={usenetquotecolor}]>[/color]
    [color={usenetquotecolor}]>i just get mine at a bike shop. just make sure that they have a high psi[/color]
    [color={usenetquotecolor}]>rating. like about 60 or so. a BMX tire is usually good becuase they do crazy[/color]
    [color={usenetquotecolor}]>stuff on their vehicles too.[/color]

A BMX freestyle tire is exactly what I replaced my tire with. Not only are they
    durable, but they come in great colors, too [mine is blue to match my seat]

Sky

Comment

In article <3463862B.181F@pacbell.net>, Adam Goldband
      <unijuglr@pacbell.net> wrote:
      [color={usenetquotecolor}]>To any one who can help. I am desperatly looking to get a new tire for my 24"[/color]
      [color={usenetquotecolor}]>uni. I cannot seem to find a vendor for this. I am located in Northern[/color]
      [color={usenetquotecolor}]>California, near San Francisco, but would be will to do it via mail order.[/color]

At one time I thought that I needed to get a "special" tire for my Schwinn. But
      after giving up on trying to get a Schwinn replacement tire, I bought a tire
      from Wal*mart (I know :-(), and it worked just fine. An added bonus was that the
      tire only cost about $3. :-)

--
      J Dana Eckart, PhD, PP-RH, KA4EVL | It's so nice to be insane, dana@runet.edu |
      no one asks you to explain. http://www.cs.runet.edu/~dana | -- Helen Reddy

Comment

In article <6478i0$k9t@colossus.runet.edu> dana@runet.edu (Dana Eckart) writes:
        [color={usenetquotecolor}]> In article <3463862B.181F@pacbell.net>, Adam Goldband[/color]
        [color={usenetquotecolor}]> <unijuglr@pacbell.net> wrote:[/color]
        [color={usenetquotecolor2}]> >To any one who can help. I am desperatly looking to get a new tire for my 24"[/color]
        [color={usenetquotecolor2}]> >uni. I cannot seem to find a vendor for this. I am located in Northern[/color]
        [color={usenetquotecolor2}]> >California, near San Francisco, but would be will to do it via mail order.[/color]
        [color={usenetquotecolor}]> At one time I thought that I needed to get a "special" tire for my[/color]
        Schwinn.
        [color={usenetquotecolor}]> But after giving up on trying to get a Schwinn replacement tire, I[/color]
        bought
        [color={usenetquotecolor}]> a tire from Wal*mart (I know :-(), and it worked just fine. An added[/color]
        bonus
        [color={usenetquotecolor}]> was that the tire only cost about $3. :-)[/color]
        Gee, you beat me to it. I was in the local Walmart last night, but 24 inch tires
        were about $8 or $9, still not bad - and we only need one of them (-:

R

[color={usenetquotecolor}]> --[/color]
        [color={usenetquotecolor}]> J Dana Eckart, PhD, PP-RH, KA4EVL | It's so nice to be insane, dana@runet.edu[/color]
        [color={usenetquotecolor}]> | no one asks you to explain. http://www.cs.runet.edu/~dana | -- Helen Reddy[/color]

Comment

[color={usenetquotecolor}]>Subject: Re: New Tire Sent: 10/11/97 3:02 pm Received: 12/11/97 8:08 am From:[/color]
          [color={usenetquotecolor}]>Sky, sky1@tiac.net To: UNICYCLING@winternet.com[/color]
          [color={usenetquotecolor}]>In article <34664E47.CC28D857@appl-142.resnet.tamu.edu>,[/color]
          [color={usenetquotecolor}]>bigdog@appl-142.resnet.tamu.edu says...[/color]
          [color={usenetquotecolor}]>>[/color]
          [color={usenetquotecolor}]>>i just get mine at a bike shop. just make sure that they have a high psi[/color]
          [color={usenetquotecolor}]>>rating. like about 60 or so. a BMX tire is usually good becuase they do crazy[/color]
          [color={usenetquotecolor}]>>stuff on their vehicles too.[/color]
          [color={usenetquotecolor}]>A BMX freestyle tire is exactly what I replaced my tire with. Not only are they[/color]
          [color={usenetquotecolor}]>durable, but they come in great colors, too [mine is blue to match my seat][/color]
          [color={usenetquotecolor}]>Sky[/color]
          Not only do they come in better colours, but the coloured tyres don't seem to
          mark floors as much either

Martin Hungerford

Comment

Dana Eckart wrote:
            [color={usenetquotecolor}]> In article <3463862B.181F@pacbell.net>, Adam Goldband[/color]
            [color={usenetquotecolor}]> <unijuglr@pacbell.net> wrote:[/color]
            [color={usenetquotecolor2}]> >To any one who can help. I am desperatly looking to get a new tire for my 24"[/color]
            [color={usenetquotecolor2}]> >uni. I cannot seem to find a vendor for this. I am located in Northern[/color]
            [color={usenetquotecolor2}]> >California, near San Francisco, but would be will to do it via mail order.[/color]
            [color={usenetquotecolor}]> At one time I thought that I needed to get a "special" tire for my Schwinn.[/color]
            [color={usenetquotecolor}]> But after giving up on trying to get a Schwinn replacement tire, I bought a[/color]
            [color={usenetquotecolor}]> tire from Wal*mart (I know :-(), and it worked just fine. An added bonus was[/color]
            [color={usenetquotecolor}]> that the tire only cost about $3. :-)[/color]
            [color={usenetquotecolor}]> --[/color]
            [color={usenetquotecolor}]> J Dana Eckart, PhD, PP-RH, KA4EVL | It's so nice to be insane, dana@runet.edu[/color]
            [color={usenetquotecolor}]> | no one asks you to explain. http://www.cs.runet.edu/~dana | -- Helen Reddy[/color]

What is so bad about WalMart.....I actually found the same tire that came on my
            Sem Deluxe. It was a BMX Freestyle tire and worked great.....I ficure if it was
            good enought to put on the Sem Deluxe and WalMart wanted to stock it, why should
            I look elsewhere :-D

--
            Philip Hinkle - UniClowning Around Phil 4:13

Comment

Working...
            X